• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm with you there. None of the classic Bogart movies should be remade. My cowboy alias, Whip McCord, is Bogart's character from The Oklahoma Kid. That's how big a fan I am. And yes, Casablanca is the greatest movie ever made. The funny thing is, The Maltese Falcon with Bogie was the third movie based on Dashiell Hammett's book. Luckily, I'm a big fan of irony.

You really necro'd this thread

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    'Heat' should never be remade. I don't think it is possible to replicate the chemistry between DeNiro and Pacino.

I watched an AMC segment about Deniro and Pacino in that movie.
    It was said that those two actors NEVER showed in the same scene. You'll see the back of the head or special imaging but won't see those two in the same scene.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I watched an AMC segment about Deniro and Pacino in that movie.
    It was said that those two actors NEVER showed in the same scene. You'll see the back of the head or special imaging but won't see those two in the same scene.

Ha! That's some epic trivia

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I liked the original but I really don't buy in to the whole "Duke worship". John Wayne really only ever played one character regardless of the roll, and that character was "John Wayne". While certainly entertaining, not very versatile as far as actors go.
    Same with Elizabeth Taylor and Bogart.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I like to think that John Wayne's persona was John Wayne, a thoroughly decent man.

I like Gary Senise, but in order to like him I need to block out the role he played in the movie Ransom.

I agree that Casablanca should never be remade. The remake of The day the Earth Stood Still was just another global warming screed as was Water World (which should never be remade).

I also agree with Kut they never should have made Ben Hur a talkie.

I saw the remake of True Grit and it was not as bad as every other remake I've seen, save the first talkie of Ben Hur.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Ha! That's some epic trivia

Here's one more for ya Kut....Pancino played his character, in his words, "A wee bit coked up"....He said there was a scene at the beginning that showed him at a drug bust pocketing a kilo before it went into evidence...He said that scene got cut and for years after people would come to him and say, "Wow man...I liked your character but you were just so over the top, loud, and hyper..." And Pacino would respond, "Well the explanation of that role ended up on the cutting room floor..."

Watch these scenes and tell me that is not true lol....

[video=youtube;FjJotKwr4M4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjJotKwr4M4[/video]

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    It was "hinted" that they both refused to work with each other and didn't like each other at all.

I just remembered watching Righteous Kill that costarred DeNiro and Pacino. Pretty good cop movie even though a bit of a stretch since they were pretty old to be playing tough guy cops.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Gone with the Wind. Never been remade, should never be remade and should never have been made .

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You have the originals in your collection and watch them in period garb, dress whites if I remember correctly.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Birth of a Nation....Triumph of the Will....

Both changed film making for ever....Neither can ever be remade...Nor should they (for many reasons).....

Triumph of Will is a masterpiece... yes, a Nazi masterpiece, but a masterpiece nonetheless.

Top Bottom