• ...and so much more!
  • drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    First of all, it wasn't a remake.

Second....I'm not so sure it did. Not a great movie, but I think the "it sucked" hype was overblown as much as "Radiohead rocks" is overblown.

" Movies that should never be a remake" NOT that should never have been remade, or am I missing a hidden message that only you can read? And it SUCKED.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    " Movies that should never be a remake" NOT that should never have been remade, or am I missing a hidden message that only you can read?...

Hey sparky, relax.

Take a look at pretty much all the other responses in this thread...and the OP, then explain to me that your reading is correct and mine is "a hidden message that only can read.."

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    It's like watching that pathetic remake of the 1951 classic, "The Day The Earth Stood Still".

And I actually like Keanu Reeves as an actor, but that remake did 'justice' neither to the original movie starring Michael Rennie nor to Reeves himself.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    'Heat' should never be remade. I don't think it is possible to replicate the chemistry between DeNiro and Pacino.

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    Hey sparky, relax.

Take a look at pretty much all the other responses in this thread...and the OP, then explain to me that your reading is correct and mine is "a hidden message that only can read.."

Ok mister knowledge you win, I'll go back to third grade again and learn how to read. Haha

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    :laugh: The best part was when Dicapprio died. The redhead, Kate something or another was pretty hot though.

Wrong.
    The best part was the ending credits.
    By that time I had almost convinced myself that I needed to form the rope in the trunk into a noose to save myself from further Titanic.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I like Jeff Bridges but True Grit should have been left the way the Duke gave it to us.

I liked the original but I really don't buy in to the whole "Duke worship". John Wayne really only ever played one character regardless of the roll, and that character was "John Wayne". While certainly entertaining, not very versatile as far as actors go.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I liked the original but I really don't buy in to the whole "Duke worship". John Wayne really only ever played one character regardless of the roll, and that character was "John Wayne". While certainly entertaining, not very versatile as far as actors go.

During his prime he was part of the studio system and many actors from that era tended to develop a persona and continue to play it in different films rather than showcase their "range". People didn't want to see John Wayne play wildly different characters, they wanted to see John Wayne in different situations. Many of his films (20+) were directed by the same man (John Ford). They had a formula that worked and they ran with it. For the most part he played the roles that people wanted to see him portray and that fit with his image.

However, he did star in a romantic comedy called "The Quiet Man" that was very good. He played a part in "The Searchers" that had more layers than his typical roles. In "Reap the Wild Wind" he was not always the honorable man he played in most movies. Could he have played other roles that didn't fit the mold and showed more versatility? Would the studios have been willing to risk damaging his box office draw by allowing him to play certain roles? Would people have wanted to see him in other roles? :dunno:

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    NEVER, EVER EVEN JOKINGLY talk about prostituting the greatest movie ever made; Casablanca!:xmad:

I'm with you there. None of the classic Bogart movies should be remade. My cowboy alias, Whip McCord, is Bogart's character from The Oklahoma Kid. That's how big a fan I am. And yes, Casablanca is the greatest movie ever made. The funny thing is, The Maltese Falcon with Bogie was the third movie based on Dashiell Hammett's book. Luckily, I'm a big fan of irony.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    https://www.yahoo.com/movies/hollywood-scion-jack-huston-cast-in-ben-hur-remake-97751286147.html

Why can't Hollywood just leave legendary movies alone?

I love the original movie Ben-Hur.
    That's a long, long list- "Ben Hur" is right at the top.

"Walking Tall"
    "The Longest Yard"
    "Fame"
    "The Pink Panther"
    "Psycho"

All of these were at least good movies, or better, the first time around. Remakes were unnecessary...and bad.

A remake that was great even though the original probably didn't need to be remade? "True Grit"

Lol, you guys are really fans of REALLY old movies, or don't know that the movie I think you're thinking of, is actually a remake itself.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben-Hur:_A_Tale_of_the_Christ_(1925_film)

Kut (is sorry he missed this originally)

Top Bottom