• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Looks like the entire Anbar province is now on the chopping block. Any bets as to how this will pan out? My guess is that the IS will end up in possession of all of it. The Iraqi forces just don't seem to have a backbone and the airstrikes alone just won't do it. Seriously, if the rest of the region doesn't get off their asses and get involved Iraq is going to fall to IS and then it'll be onto to the rest of the region.

Islamic State fighters are threatening to overrun Iraq's Anbar province - The Washington Post

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    ISIS is nothing more than the SS reborn with a pinch of modern/historic evil and twisted to no end
    See what happens when the person in charge walks softly and carries a limp stick ! People always moaning about the U.S. being the policeman of the world, this is what happens when even the threat of the U.S. being the policeman is not there. Chaos mayhem murder and rape. Aaaa the good old days
    How many millions need to dye before the U.S. starts cracking peoples sculls for the things they have done ?
    But it will never happen here right, Dream on putts(you will be needed as targets so I have time to reload so thanks for taking one in advance)
    Prayers go out to the Kurds for actually standing up to them !

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    ISIS is nothing more than the SS reborn with a pinch of modern/historic evil and twisted to no end
    See what happens when the person in charge walks softly and carries a limp stick ! People always moaning about the U.S. being the policeman of the world, this is what happens when even the threat of the U.S. being the policeman is not there. Chaos mayhem murder and rape. Aaaa the good old days
    How many millions need to dye before the U.S. starts cracking peoples sculls for the things they have done ?
    But it will never happen here right, Dream on putts(you will be needed as targets so I have time to reload so thanks for taking one in advance)
    Prayers go out to the Kurds for actually standing up to them !

One things for sure. It WON'T happen while the present commander and chief is in office. The way it looks to me Iraq will fall. I just hope that when they get to the airport we bomb the crap out if the air strips. I can't imagine them having a access full fledged airport. Freaking insane. But highly likely.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Obama's strategy in tatters as ISIL presses its attacks in Iraq and Syria: War against Isis: US strategy in tatters as militants march on - Comment - Voices - The Independent
    Short of sending in a US backed invasion, what can we do? Carpet bomb ISIS positions with B-52s? The only thing I see that'll work is recongizing all the Kurdish fighting forces (in Syria, Iraq, and Turkey) as a unified fighting force and arming them to the teeth with guns, trucks, tanks, and helicopters, along with sending in Special Forces and an army of volunteers (literally American troops who volunteer to go fight) to fight alongside the Kurds. There's not much we can do from the air.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    There are no good guys in this fight to fight for. The Kurds might have been but no one in the region even wants them to exist anymore...and they don't have a country, just some ground carved out of what used to be Iraq. We should just wait and see who's left alive at the end of the shooting. Then we need to make sure they don't ever leave there. It serves our national interests to contain this evil, not pick which of the evils to work on behalf of.

Of course the current apologizer in chief will never do anything that resembles the best interests of America.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oh, the complications of regional politics:
    BBC News - Turkish jets bomb Kurdish PKK rebels near Iraq

Turkish F-16 and F-4 warplanes have bombed Kurdish PKK rebel targets near the Iraqi border, as their ceasefire comes under increasing strain.

Yes, our ally Turkey, bombed our erstwhile ally, the Kurds, all while a strategic town is under imminent threat of falling squarely under the control of ISIS.

Now, the pure win part of that article, though, is the pic of an active-duty F-4. :D
    _78205626_turkf4.jpg

Beautiful f'n plane, that is.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Oh, the complications of regional politics:
    BBC News - Turkish jets bomb Kurdish PKK rebels near Iraq

Yes, our ally Turkey, bombed our erstwhile ally, the Kurds, all while a strategic town is under imminent threat of falling squarely under the control of ISIS.

Now, the pure win part of that article, though, is the pic of an active-duty F-4. :D
    _78205626_turkf4.jpg

Beautiful f'n plane, that is.

Yes indeed, the good old days when we had iron on the ramp not plastic, when we prefighted planes instead of preprograming them...when we actually flew them!

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    They are not as bad, it's just highly unlikely that they will accomplish much beyond survival if they are lucky. The entire region has devolved to their desired state of tribalism where they have retreated to every time they were given the chance. Now comes the fun of raiding and killing the rival tribes.

I believe T.Lex was just pointing out that one of our supposed allies was bombing another of our supposed allies and oh look and F4!

I see that's a hard wing with no gun so F4C or D? I'd have to look up the Turkish Air Order of Battle to make sure.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    {Total derail, but worth it.}
    ... oh look and F4!

I see that's a hard wing with no gun so F4C or D? I'd have to look up the Turkish Air Order of Battle to make sure.

Been out of that world for awhile, but I thought they had Es. It seems like there's that elongated internal cannon in the nose.

Also, sorta back on track, I think Turkey would be a great ally, if we dealt with them better. Or if we had a comprehensive, rational, foreign policy.

But we don't, so we don't.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Apparently, the version now flown by the Turks is the F4E Terminator 2020 with upgraded electronics and weapons carrying capabilities.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hey - maybe those F-4s will get some BCM like the old days! Ok, more likely to be the F-16s doing CAP or Intercept/Sweep that get the A-A work.
    Islamic State training pilots to fly in three jets: Syria monitor
    It was not clear whether the jets were equipped with weaponry or whether the pilots could fly longer distances in the planes, which witnesses said appeared to be MiG 21 or MiG 23 models captured from the Syrian military.

Party like its 1989!

Now, it does strike me as odd that the witnesses couldn't tell the difference between a -21 and -23. They don't look very similar.

Top Bottom