Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The Mail is always suspect for the "truth". They are the National Enquirer of Britain. Take anything from them with a truckload of salt. While it would be nice of it were true, I'll wait for some better sources. IS won't be able to keep this under wraps.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Maybe not:
    BBC News - Islamic State: 'Baghdadi message' issued by jihadists
    Islamic State has released an audiotape it says was recorded by its leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, days after reports that he had been killed or injured.
    In the recording, released via social media, the speaker says IS fighters will never stop fighting "even if only one soldier remains".
    Correspondents say the recording appears authentic and recent.
    BBC analysts say the message is probably also intended to counter the claim that Baghdadi has been killed.
    The IS leader was said to have been caught in a US-led air strike near the Iraqi city of Mosul last week.
    Thursday's 17-minute recording makes no direct reference to that air strike, but does mention some developments that have occurred since then.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Politics and bedfellows.

If we can get Turkey to let Kurdish terrorists/freedom fighters into Iraq, it only makes sense that ISIS/AQ should agree on mutually beneficial goals.

Webster-dl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2014
    United States
    What other option at this point is there short of re introducing combat troops, which is not a viable political option, but to arm the Kurds as "the boots on the ground" and provide air support?

Like it or not we just can't walk away at this moment.

Simple...straightforward...potentially workable. Requires minimal leadership ability and minimal courage. And therefore completely beyond the ability and comprehension of this "president".

Just how did an incompetent coward become "president' of the United States?

Webster-dl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2014
    United States
    Seriously, I think the reason that it took so long (weeks) to deploy air power to relieve the siege and impending humanitarian disaster in Kurdistan is the Idiot-in-chief didn't seem to understand: "Army moving...doesn't have good ability to fortify...not particularly the best trained army ever...minimal anti-air ability...now stopping to besiege a city = you need to use massive fast moving airpower to bomb the living Jannah out of them. They are vulnerable."

*We* all see that as too obvious to mention. He didn't realize that at all. So when he sent a few planes to bomb a few targets and forced a withdrawal, it surprised him. Now he thinks air-planes are cool, so he wants to use those exclusively.

He still doesn't get it.

While I think the IS needs to be destroyed, I don't think this fool is capable of leading 4 kindergarteners, let alone the military of the US. And he has a track record of getting Americans killed -- both through omission and commission -- to ingratiate himself with the people he thinks are "cool". They don't want to follow him, and I don't blame them.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Lots of people out there on the webs want "someone" to "do something", but won't step up themselves, unlike these guys. Always easier to lobby for someone else to go catch a bullet for you.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    262.gif

039rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif

1386_ab14.gif

rolleyes_robertdowneyjr.gif

rolleyes.gif

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I was once against American troops on the ground but if we sent a small force (say 10,000 or so) to fight along the Kurds specifically, I'd support that.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I was once against American troops on the ground but if we sent a small force (say 10,000 or so) to fight along the Kurds specifically, I'd support that.

The Kurds are accepting all comers. Head 'em up and move them out and you'll only need 9,999 friends to sign up with you.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    We have more than a million volunteers in our armed forces. They signed up to go where their commander in chief directs them.

Just sayin.

Top Bottom