• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Don't 'expect' the Lace-Panty-Wearer-In-Chief to do anything that remotely resembles 'good strategy'.

He's out of his league. He's always been out of his league. Had he put up a tent in NYC and held up crayon-made 'protest' signs for Occupy Wall Street, he still would've been out of his league.

He's incompetent, anti-American, and pro-terrorist, and he's never been anything other than incompetent, anti-American, and pro-terrorist.

Expect him to conduct himself accordingly.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Actually, I think the Kurds and the Shia in the south would have a different recollection of whether they worked. Any other examples?

Regardless, I agree that it will take more than an American presence. Those other countries should participate. But, and this will likely be unpopular, the US should be prepared to proceed alone if necessary.

The exit strategy should be what it (in retrospect) should have been 10 years ago - 3 countries: Kurdistan, Central Iraq, and Southern Iraq. If nothing else, the latter 2 will be proxies for other nations to protect.

I could see a split in the future. The Kurds would certainly be up for it. As for US forces on the ground....don't hold your breathe. The American people wouldn't stand for it again.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    What other option at this point is there short of re introducing combat troops, which is not a viable political option, but to arm the Kurds as "the boots on the ground" and provide air support?

Like it or not we just can't walk away at this moment.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    ^^This. It's what we're doing and will continue to do. No-one is going to support sending US troops back there. And congress hasn't got the balls to sign a declaration of war.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Looks like the CIA is seeing to the arming of the Kurds. Unfortunately, it's just small arms and not what they could really use. The Iraqis have smartened up some, too and are sending them supplies, too. Of course Maliki is making things worse by refusing to accept his ouster and that will only serve to embolden IS.

https://news.vice.com/article/the-us-arms-kurdish-troops-as-a-political-crisis-brews-in-baghdad
    That idiot Maliki will be the death of Iraq.
    I could see a split in the future. The Kurds would certainly be up for it. As for US forces on the ground....don't hold your breathe. The American people wouldn't stand for it again.
    I'm all for an independent Kurdistan. What has Iraq did for them besides screw them over every way they can? The Kurds should declare independence once they have defeated IS and annex Kurdish lands in Syria. Why anyone ever thought Western made Iraq was a good idea is beyond me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Considering they are fighting with US weapons and humvees and their leader was trained by Israel's Mossad, I think we know exactly what we're dealing with. Obama still failed to talk about the beheading of Christian children, he only mentioned execution of men. Either way the Caliphate is happening and with Obama's pro-Islam tendencies I can't see anything happening to stop them dead in their tracks and think airstrikes is as far as he will go until they're a national security threat; which they might already be due to the open border.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yet IS and Israel are exactly the same. I heard it on youtube.

Wait a tick! I heard (right here on INGO) that the reason there is so much turmoil in the middle east is BECAUSE of the jews.

This is muslim killing muslim.......... I don't understand..............

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Wait a tick! I heard (right here on INGO) that the reason there is so much turmoil in the middle east is BECAUSE of the jews.

This is muslim killing muslim.......... I don't understand..............

Bush.

George Bush.

It's all his fault...I can't believe you forgot.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom