• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    Sajad Jiyad points out that nearly all of ISIL's leadership, including Abu Bakr of Baghdad, was in U.S. custody . . . until freed by the United States.

https://twitter.com/SajadJiyad/status/484432786854772736/photo/1

BrkNDRXIEAA6CR8.jpg

Guess it helps to have an operative in the captor's working hard to help you out?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    True dat. Turkey is concerned that their own ethnic Kurds will either want to start their own state or join the new Kurdistan (a la Eastern Ukraine).

Come to think of it, I wonder what position Russia will have on an independent Kurdistan.

Frankly, I think Turkey shouldn't be so scared and seize the opportunity to work with Bufferstan... I mean Kurdistan.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    True dat. Turkey is concerned that their own ethnic Kurds will either want to start their own state or join the new Kurdistan (a la Eastern Ukraine).

Come to think of it, I wonder what position Russia will have on an independent Kurdistan.

Frankly, I think Turkey shouldn't be so scared and seize the opportunity to work with Bufferstan... I mean Kurdistan.

I had a bud who was deployed to Operation Northern Watch (Incirlik AB) a couple times in the 90s. He described it as, "We protected the Kurds Monday, Wednesday and Friday, the Turks bombed the Kurds Tuesday and Thursday." Turkey is in NATO so they took the weekend off.:D

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

"So take up arms, take up arms, O soldiers of the Islamic State! And fight, fight," the self-appointed caliph of the Muslim world said in a Ramadan message.
    "So raise your ambitions, O soldiers of the Islamic State! For your brothers all over the world are waiting for your rescue, and are anticipating your brigades."
    "Rush O Muslims to your state. Yes, it is your state. Rush, because Syria is not for the Syrians, and Iraq is not for the Iraqis. The earth is Allah's,"
    ISIS fight song?

He made a special call to scholars, judges, doctors, engineers and people with military and administrative expertise to come and "answer the dire need of the Muslims for them."
    If history is an indicator (Hue City, RVN??) these are the first people who will be killed. This guy is smart enough to realize he should use them first.

"The time has come for you to free yourself from the shackles of weakness, and stand in the face of tyranny, against the treacherous rulers – the agents of the crusaders and the atheists, and the guards of the Jews," he said
    "This is my advice to you. If you hold to it, you will conquer Rome and own the world, if Allah wills."
    Page 1 of the Islamist-terrorist playbook?
    In his speech the Iraqi native whose real name is believed to be Awwad Ibrahim Ali al-Badri al-Samarrai, called on would-be jihadist to move to the region and join fighting.
    HA! He's not even from Baghdad! Al-Samarrai is the Cleveland of Iraq!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Well thank goodness. Apparently Muslims hate Catholic Christians, so as a Protestant I should be ok :):

Seriously though what good would conquering Rome do? Aside from the land and whatnot, the Pope would just move...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Seriously though what good would conquering Rome do? Aside from the land and whatnot, the Pope would just move...

Did not know I would be teaching world history on July 4th, but if you really want to know . . .

Of the cities Mohamed wanted to conquer, Jerusalem, Constantinople and Rome, Rome remains. The Muslims have tried multiple times to conquer Rome, and failed each time (highwater mark was the Battle of Ostia in 849). Muslims have not forgotten the Battle of Ostia (and then hundreds of years later, Lepanto, and then Vienna) and have continually vowed to fulfill Muhamed's goal of conquering the three cities of Christianity.

Ostia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Ostia

Lepanto: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lepanto

Battle of Vienna during Great Turk War: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vienna

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well, we may be talking about different things. (Are you thinking of manipulation?) ;)

In my experience, the left vociferously condemns foreign cultures that engage in female genital mutilation. Of course, I find the practice itself abhorrent, but I also recognize that as a reflection of the cultural norms within which I was raised. Different cultures value things differently.

Top Bottom