• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I don't think it's fair to compare the price you paid at a bar/restaurant/hotel versus the price you'd pay at a quality package liquor store since the former will grossly inflate the price far beyond the actual value of the beer. If you were at the only bar in town and the cheapest beer was $30 for a can of Schlitz, that doesn't make Schlitz a $30 beer, not by a long shot.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    Probably $7-$10 at a concert or baseball game. Mostly though, it's $15 for a 30 pack.

highlife.jpg

Mess with the High Life, and the High Life will mess with you! :D

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    Least. Penny Pitchers in West Lafayette:40oz:Somehow those days cost me a lot more when my BAC was over my GPA

Most. Concert or game 9 bucks for a draft

Usual-- case of Bud Light and a 10-12 dollar six pack but I will spend money on a good WHISKEY :rockwoot:

Catmanjoe

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Denham
    I haven\'t drank beer since high school, I seldom drink anymore but if I do a nice Jim Beam Black and Coke or Captain Morgan and Dr.Pepper is satisfying, guess I\'m not a snob.

Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    You guys must have more disposable income than I do. Jeezopete.... The most I have paid for beer in a package liquor type place has been around $10 for a six pack. I almost cried then when I thought about it. I have been stuck in high dollar tourist hotels at conventions and choke at paying $10-12 for one drink.

The thing is most of the beer I drink has an ABV of 8-15% compared to a Budweiser, Miller, Coors at 5%. A couple pints and you have a good buzz going. Plus you don't wake up the next day with a nasty hangover from all the adjuncts they add to American Lagers.

No Time to Shoot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I think I paid $7 or $8 a bottle for good old Bud Light in Aruba. That was as high as I will go for a beer. If we are talking about Vodka or Tequila that's a whole different story.:40oz:

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    In Japan, I would sometimes pay about $10 for a Kerin. In the Philippines I have gotten San Miguel for as low as .10 a bottle. The funny thing is, I enjoyed the San Miguel and the Philippines the most.

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    No, I've only been to Angeles City. While stationed in Okinawa for 2 years, I spent three months vacationing in the P.I. The drinking beer was my second most favorite thing to do there. LOL

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Since there is an Beer page that has everyone favorites, I thought I'd start one to go along with it asking quite simply...

What is the most you have spent on a single bottle of beer?

I'll start.

$100 for this beer...

Sam Adams Limited Edition Utopia Beer

I've wanted to try that stuff for the longest time. How was it?

I've spent $12, I think that was the most. Delirium Tremens on tap. Worth every penny. :40oz:

Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    I've had it several times at different beer events I've been to. It's more like drinking brandy or sherry than beer. It's very good!

If you get a chance to sample it ...do it!

Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    No, I've only been to Angeles City. While stationed in Okinawa for 2 years, I spent three months vacationing in the P.I. The drinking beer was my second most favorite thing to do there. LOL

I was stationed at Kadena AB from 1981 -1984 went TDY to ROK and RP many times!

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    16.99 for a 6-pack is the most I have paid for a 6-pack

The most I have spent on a single beer is $8 for a largeWeihenstephaner Dunkel Weiss
    [SIZE=-1]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0]
    [/SIZE]
    at rathskeller.... TOTALLLLLY WORTH EVERY PENNY

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    $20 for a bottle of Three Floyds Dark Lord Russian Imperial Stout

There you go! I've got an unopened 2007 and 2008 vintages in my fridge as I type this. I had their 2006 and I fell in love!

Sold at FFF's for $15 a bottle, I've purchased the three I bought over the last few years for $20-25 each from a friend in the great beer business, Mike Sprinkle.

photo.jpg

Some of the very best beer on God's green earth, made right here in the great state of IN! Munster, IN, is the home of Three Floyd's Brewery, they make some of my very favorite beers.

Last edited:

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    BTW, that Sam Adams Utopias tastes like scotch/bourbon more than beer, at it's ~25% ABV, it's hardly a "beer" at that point. Even from a brewery who I really love and respect, I was grossly disappointed in the Utopias. Thankfully that wasn't my $100-$125 bottle of beer, looked cool though.

Top Bottom