• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    I don't do a lot of drinking in bars..but my favorite beer runs about 10 bucks a 4 pack (Skullsplitter!) and when I can afford to buy it, I do, and feel its worth every penny.

The most I've ever paid for a single bottle was about 13 bucks, but it was Chimay Grande Reserve and once again, its worth every penny. Thats a dang fine beer.

100 bucks for a bottle? I'd want a sip of it first...but if it was good enough, I could see paying the price to enjoy it.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    All y'all in the Indianapolis area need to head to Party Pack Liquors on the south side. Near Stop 11 and Madison (directly across from the Southport branch of the Library, actually) and gaze upon their beer selection.

If it's brewed and for commercial sale...chances are they have it. Or can get it.

Or Kahn's on Keystone (52nd street-ish).

For me, though, probably only 5-6 bucks for a Blue Moon. I don't really like beer. :)

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    All y'all in the Indianapolis area need to head to Party Pack Liquors on the south side. Near Stop 11 and Madison (directly across from the Southport branch of the Library, actually) and gaze upon their beer selection.

:+1: Thanks for the tip, I go past there pretty regularly. I'll have to check it out.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    East Central In.

If it's brewed and for commercial sale...chances are they have it. Or can get it.

Or Kahn's on Keystone (52nd street-ish).

For me, though, probably only 5-6 bucks for a Blue Moon. I don't really like beer. :)

+1 Party Pack is where I do most of my booze shopping (a six pack about every 2 or 3 months:D). Although it's nowhere near $100 a bottle, I thoroughly enjoy the Warsteiner Dunkle.

Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    Party Pack is nice because you can mix your own six pack...that way you can try different beers without buying a whole sixer.

Hop Shop up on 96th St (between Keystone and Gray Rd) does the same thing and has an excellant selecton of beer.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hop Shop up on 96th St (between Keystone and Gray Rd) does the same thing and has an excellant selecton of beer.

Sadly, apparently Hop Shop is now Not Shop. It seems they've closed, or so I'm told. I haven't been by there in awhile.

Keith H

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Central, IN
    Some of the very best beer on God's green earth, made right here in the great state of IN! Munster, IN, is the home of Three Floyd's Brewery, they make some of my very favorite beers.

I agree. Lately, I've had a pining for a Brian Boru. It's not as popular as their others, but tastes damn good to me.:40oz:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    $6.00 at a Pacer's game. Don't drink much these days but I remember the bowling alley on base had beer machines.:D

Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    I have to agree...Three Floyds makes some of the best beer in the country!

Dreadnaught is my personal favorite of their beers

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I've never had Three Floyds. Does Kahn's or any other place local sell it? I'm not driving to Munster. :):

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Three Floyds has pretty good distro in Indiana... you should be able to find it locally, Scutter01. I recommend their Gumball Head ale if you like wheat beers.

I've tried Gumball Head (I didn't know it was Floyd's, so apparently I have had their beer after all). It was horrible. It tasted like grapefruit. :puke:

Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    I remember the bowling alley on base had beer machines.:D

Back when I first went into the USAF....a long long long long time ago.....when I was stationed in Champain, IL going to Aircraft Maintenance school they had beer machines in the lobby of our barracks.....Schlitz Malt Liquor.....mmmmmmm :n00b:

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    6 or 7 dollars at Disney World. First time I was charged that I had to ask them if they understood I only wanted 1 beer. Thought I was going to have to borrow money off my son :D

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    one of my favorite local brew is either called or has german wheat in it...good stuff but it was seasonal. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom