• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I paid $25 in Paris for a Heineken. I don't remember what the amount in Euros was, but on my statement, it was $25+. I think I got ripped off by the waiter, but it was worth every penny.

I was there on vacation and hadn't been feeling well that day, so my girlfriend and I sat down at a cafe in the Mont Martre for a drink and a smoke. I felt like crap, but I saw Heineken on the menu and thought it would be good to have a familiar beer. I felt immediately better. I had energy and was able to function and converse.

Yes, I think I got ripped off, but it was worth it.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I've tried Gumball Head (I didn't know it was Floyd's, so apparently I have had their beer after all). It was horrible. It tasted like grapefruit. :puke:

I think you'd like their scotch-style ale offering, Robert the Bruce. Great stuff, I really enjoy it. Great malty complexity without being overwhelming.

612643912_16669f94e3.jpg

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    In Japan, I would sometimes pay about $10 for a Kerin. In the Philippines I have gotten San Miguel for as low as .10 a bottle. The funny thing is, I enjoyed the San Miguel and the Philippines the most.

mmmmm San Miguel......ever been to the Nipa hut?
    San Miguel was great beer. That and Redhorse were about 6 or 7 pesos when I was there. Both were great for washing down some balut.

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    I loved the monkey on a stick, but only ate balut once. You can probably guess I had been drinking and it was a dare. The formaldehyde in Red Horse could do some crazy things to guy.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    The dogfish head 90 minute IPA was probably among the most expensive per oz although I probably have spent more on some of the triple fermented belgians. Alpha King is another 3floyds favorite of mine.

All the best,

Joe

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I paid $8.75 for a bottle of Coors Light at a strip club in Vegas; 2 drink minimum as well. Didn't know it until I got the bill.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    I think you'd like their scotch-style ale offering, Robert the Bruce. Great stuff, I really enjoy it. Great malty complexity without being overwhelming.

612643912_16669f94e3.jpg

Thats some tasty stuff! The 21st Amendment in Westfield has it, and I picked it up one night because I like scotch ale and hadn't tried it before. Its no Skullsplitter, but its pretty darn good, and worth the price.

ahighland

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Bloomington
    90 Minute IPA or one of the Trappist ales. I don't mind paying for those once in a while.

What I hate is paying out the nose for something crappy at a restaurant. It is a sad state of affairs when Bud Select is a "premium" beer at a restaurant.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    90 Minute IPA or one of the Trappist ales. I don't mind paying for those once in a while.

What I hate is paying out the nose for something crappy at a restaurant. It is a sad state of affairs when Bud Select is a "premium" beer at a restaurant.

I hear you there, I seldom drink anything when out for dinner, I hate paying stupid money for what most restaurants consider "craft" beers, so I'll just get an iced tea and enjoy the beer once I get home.

Top Bottom