• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    I bought a Winchester Model 94AE from the pawnshopp for $125 I took it home the finish was horrible, stripped it and reblued it looked awesome. Shot well but I could not hit anything with it. I did not like the way it felt, I hated how I lost my bearings everytime I had to lever it. Just wasn't for me.

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    Taurus 605

As I posted here, I had a stainless Taurus model 605 that would bind-up on me after a few rounds of .357. Not exactly something you want your carry-gun to do.

I am now completely satisfied with my Colt Defender, which has never given me an ounce of trouble.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I purchased one of the new KRISS .45's from Elmores just a few weeks ago and took it home. The next day, I took it out to the range and had every kind of possible issue one could have, failure to feed, failure to fire, failure to eject, AND stove pipes! I called Elmores Monday morning and they could not have been nicer. I took it back and ended up with an Arsenal AK, butt load of ammo and mags. The service from Elmores was as good as the KRISS was bad.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    I'm sorta the opposite, the xd was a worthless attempt to make a pistol 'more' than it needed to be... it's long gone down the road.
    To each there own.Bought the Glock because Id heard so much good about it. Overated IMHO but I hate to sell guns so I tend to keep everything I buy.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    I was at the range and I was having problems with my Ruger lcp. Which is not unusual for a mouse gun with a minimal amount of rounds through it. a fellow next to me went and got the range officer and while the range officer was busy working the front shop, the gentleman next to me offered me a to load up his magazine with my ammo, he had a Walther 380 of some sort (p380). The gun was two and a half times the size of my lcp and it kicked 10 times more. I know shooting a gun for the first time is not suppose to be a judge of it's accuracy but dang this thing couldn't even hit the paper the target was on. And when I got down to the last 2 rounds it sucked up the last 2 and jammed. I shrugged my shoulders stepped back from the stall and the guy looked at me and said "wow, you shot more than I ever have before it jammed."

WILSON

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Top, left-hand corne
    Not sure where to start,... I've had 10 or 12 really bad ones...

Two of the worst I can remember were an HK VP-70Z and an AMT "Police Backup".

I bought he HK more or less as a novelty; I wanted to try this new "uber high capacity (20 round), high tech polymer wonder nine" (Glock wasn't invented yet).
    Being an H&K, I expected much more. I've since forgiven HK for that 16-pound trigger pull monstrosity,... after finding out the "Z" designation was for export to dumb Americans. The pistol was designed specifically to be a machine-pistol, nothing else. Turns out the monster trigger pull was considered a safety feature and couldn't (easily) be modified. Missunderstood gun that was probably a fine full-auto.

I bought the clear-gripped AMT because it was the smallest 380ACP made up until then, and stainless steel pistols were all the rage.
    It not only needed a come-along to pull the fV<%!ng trigger, it had a FTF, F, or E just about every other shot. I spent a lot of money trying to make that stupid thing run reliably, but it never did work right (thinking Isimply got a lemon, I tried AMT's little 45ACP when it came out . Same thing, but with a kick).

Then there was Llama's sorry attempt at a 1911! :xmad: I'd rather not talk about that one (the most embarrassing part is I knew better, but I bought it anyway!).

Last edited:

snojet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Carmel
    I had a Charter Arms .38 Special that was terrible. It was not reliable. Took it to a smith a couple of times to fix. It did work better but I could not stand it after it let me down.

crk74

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    mitchell
    xd40 when they first came out. just had to have one, bought it took it home shot 50 rounds. took it back to gun shop. you could not group two shots anywhere on a target. they didnt belive me they took it and shot it same thing. i traded it back and they sent it off to factory. really turned me off the xd. but shot my cousin's couple years later it was ok, guess theres lemons in all brands.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I think I've been disappointed in some way with every gun I've ever bought. Sometimes the disappointment comes immediately, other times it comes further down the road. I've sold off all the guns I've been highly disappointed in but I'm less and less enchanted with the guns I currently own so they'll be off soon enough.

Of all the guns I've owned I'd say the glock 22 was the most disappointing. Not due to anything other than it was HUGE and didn't fit my hands. I felt it at the store, thought I'd get along with it and the price was right. Followed shortly after by my SKS that was just too damn heavy to shoot.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Kel-tec P3AT, but to be fair it was probably as much my huge hands as it was the gun. I wanted a little pocket pistol to carry with me on deliveries after I got my CWP in Florida, and traded my SP-101 for a P3AT and some cash and ammo...should have just manned up and found a good IWB or ankle holster for the Ruger. I couldn't get more than a round or two out of it without a FTF, every magazine. And what rounds I did send downrange were nowhere near the 10 ring.

Sold it, and bought a Makarov. Now THERES a pistol I wish I never would have parted with.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I am always disappointed in cheap stuff. So I stopped buying it. I fell out of love with the SKS that Dan had because of the trigger. I fell out of love with glocks because of the plastic and the triggers. I sold a springfield 1911 because it was made in Brazil and I thought it was made in the good ol' USA.

The biggest piece of crap ever though? A CZ 40P that I couldn't hit the anything with.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Kahr PM9.

I bought it because it was little, cute, and felt really comfy in hand.
    It wasn't a joy to shoot.
    I figured when shooting became a chore instead of pleasure, it was time to sell it.

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    Kle-tec plr-16. I was so pumped up to get one. Got one used for a good price and really liked it. Until I went to the range. The sights are junk the trigger is very very high effort and I could barely keep the bullets on a full sheet target at 25 yards. I sold it to a guy at work he put a red dot on it and loves it. Definitely plan on a good red dot (I tried a cheap one that wouldn't keep zero due to recoil) if you want a PLR-16 and expect a very high effort trigger.

Last edited:

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Hands down my Kel Tec P11, worst trigger ever on a gun and recoils like a mule. I will never buy another cheap pistol, it just is too frustrating. I shoot as a hobby and when it becomes a chore to shoot a gun I sell it as fast as I can.

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Hands down my Kel Tec P11, worst trigger ever on a gun and recoils like a mule. I will never buy another cheap pistol, it just is too frustrating. I shoot as a hobby and when it becomes a chore to shoot a gun I sell it as fast as I can.

I gotta agree. The P11's trigger is so bad. Stacks at odd times during the pull, very heavy, I was going to use it for carry but the trigger was so bad I could not keep rounds on target at more that 15yds. The bad thing is, I have a P3AT that I use for carry sometimes and I love it. Great size, less recoil than the P11, and a much better trigger. How to you get a worse trigger on a larger gun from the same company?

I traded it...

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Bersa Thunder 380. Bought it new this year and had the dreaded disconnector spring issue. Spring would jump the slot under the grip after about 20 rounds. Sent off to the factory repair shop twice and each time I got it back it would fail.

Posted on bersa talk.com and my posts were mysteriously deleted. Talk about being bummed. Went back to glocks and havent had a hiccup.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    1) Hk VP70Z Absolutely the worst trigger on any firearm made, top heavy and ugly.
    2) First Gen Glock 17 Second worst trigger made and the only gun I've ever owned that had a safety recall and had parts fall off while in the holster. Accuracy was minute of barn door, when the sights weren't falling off. I guess I bought mine before they became perfect, or maybe they were just out Kool Aid that day.
    3) Walther PPK/s Hammer tore up the web of my hand. Way too heavy.

kcw12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2008
    EAA witness 9mm (one of the newer guns) Would eat any FMJ i put in it, Would not feed a hollow point to save its life. and if i cant have something that will feed hollow points, i dont want it.

Top Bottom