• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Both Mossberg shotguns I've owned a 500 and an 835. They were the worst dissapointments meaning I thought they would be ok and they sucked so bad I didn't even want them in the house. They were cheap in every sense of the word. The trigger felt like you pulling on a nail driven in to a 4x4 which was convenient because that's what the gun felt like in my hands.

At 30 yards neither one of them would put the center of the pattern even on a yard sign. You had to aim at the top of the sign with the 835 and off the left side with the 500 just to get half the pattern on the paper.

A Raven 25acp because I knew the gun was a throw down but the cartridge is worthless. You may as well carry a pocket full of gravel and throw it.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Glock 23. Had high expectations but after a while, I got to the point where shooting it was a chore. Never did fit right in my hand and the recoil was too sharp. I think my M92FS Beretta spoiled me.

fnl388w

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Gary
    Snubby Revolvers (3" or shorter) were always disappointing to me. To much bang for practices and usually useless past 25 yds. But it is all a matter of preference.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Astra A75 .45ACP. Second pistol I ever owned. First the rear sight drifted out of its dovetail. No biggie; I had a local 'smith stake it in place. Then I started having reliability issues (gun wouldn't get through a full mag of 230gr FMJ without choking, and did it with 4 different mags). Sent the gun back to EAA; they replaced the barrel, which didn't help at all.

(Dis)honorable mention: Kel-Tec P40. Not particularly reliable, and NO fun to shoot! Welcome to Kel-Tec's house of pain!

Not surprisingly, both guns have been gone from my armory for a long time.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    EAA Witness (Tanfoglio) full-size, Wonderfinish 10mm with beautiful wood grips. Great looking gun that fit me well. Wonderful... as a single-shot.

Spent hundreds (more than the gun) working out a combination of mags/followers/ammunition-type, etc., to make that dog feed. Speaking to the lone, GROUCHY smith at EAA is an exercise in futility. Never, ever again. Maybe Tanfoglio (or one of there IMI/Baby Eagle derivatives) but never anything imported thru EAA again.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Mauser Hsc. Beautiful gun, but could not run a full mag through it. Bought new mags and tried different ammo, nothing seemed to work. Never figured out why, traded it off a couple months later.

I had wanted one for years, finally found one. Then it turned out to be a jam-o-matic. Might try one again if I find one. I would love to find one that works.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Mossberg 500 .410 It was horrible.

My brother bought two of these when they first came out. One for him, and one for me:D

Right out of the box, they BOTH shot about 2 FEET to the right, and about 18 inches high, AT 50 FEET!

All attempts at adjusting the windage AND elevation failed. BOTH were so far out of parameters they could NOT be zeroed.

Sent both barrels back to Mossberg. After replacing the sights on both. we have each taken deer, 3 for my brother, and 4 for me, with the 500 .410!

I think it's a GREAT little shot-gun. AFTER the sights were replaced!

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Not to mention to total pain in the A to disassemble, clean, and put back together...

I don't think this is true at all. I bought a Mark III 22/45 in late September and I've probably put 2,500 rounds through it already. I really like it.

Yes, I had trouble the first time I cleaned it. A YouTube video set me straight. Now I could probably do it blindfolded and in about 2 mins. Not hard at all once you get the hang of it.

I don't have anything I'm disappointed with....yet. I've only ever bought 3 guns, all within the last two months. XDM 9mm, 22/45 Mark III, and Kel-Tec P3AT. Really like them all.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Glock 19c. It was my second handgun purchase. It looked "cool..." ported barrel, night sights. Knowing what I know now after many guns later I would have known I wasn't going to like it and just put it down. I admit that I might re-visit Glock though and try the 21 slim frame (?) and see if I like that any better.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Interesting about the romanian pls. I was seriously considering one. I do very much like your modifications, glad you transformed it into satisfaction.

My most disappointing to date would be a borrowed romanian AK (I don't know any more details other than it is romanian), I couldn't hit paper ONE time at 50 yards with 30 rounds. It fed excellently, it spat them out fine also.

It wasn't me honest! I was drilling the same target with a 91/30 just fine - better than just fine.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Mossberg 500 20ga........I guess it was cheap, but talk about a losse, chunky piece of crap. Not only that, but barrel warpage over the years has gotton worse. Accurate enough to inconsistently shoot trap...builds the muscles when shootin' doubles rackin' the pump....

Ol'Bluesmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    SP101 .357...same complaint as the good man who posted earlier in this thread. The trigger was a labor to pull, the hammer spur would cut me and the grips made it ergonmically peculiar to fire. Sold it after 6 mos struggling to make it better...lots of practice and new grips.

PaPa 260

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    I bought a Ruger 77/22 Hornet when they first came out about 1987. Great looking and handling rifle, shot like a POS. Three inch groups at 100 was the best it would do. With any ammo you put in it. Hand loaded or factory. I have an old Savage 340 chambered in 22 Hornet that will hang at 3/4 MOA all day. Heck, I have rimfire sporters that will beat 3" @ 100 yards easily. I had the barrel lapped, the action shimmed,tightened, and bedded, the crown touched up and that got it to a 2" @ 100 yard rifle for about 15 shots and the barrel copper fouled so bad that it took 3 to 4 days of soaking and brushing to get all the copper out. I called Ruger and told them, they said 3" @ 100 yards is in specification. I traded it even on an old 1967 Rem. 700 chambered in 308 Win. That rifle shoots sub MOA all day long. I will NEVER own another Ruger rifle.

PaPa 260

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    My Lorcin .380 jammomatic that I bought back in 1993 or 1994. First semi-auto that I ever bought. Sold that sucker off within 6 months. I warned the friend I sold it to, but he didn't seem to care. As of last year he still has it too, though he never shoots it.

redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    so far so good for me i guess, count your blessings but i am sure i ll run across a bad apple soon enough. Not the most educated man when it comes to guns so i am glad i got a counsel of INGO members to call on whenever making a purchase :ingo:

Proverbs 11:14 Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counselors there is safety.

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    not sure what model but my buddy bought a 9mm hi point pistol and its accuracy was horrible and we used 3 different types of ammo with it and it jammed with everyone of em

wizard

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    Chesterton
    S&W Sigma 9mm. I own several S&W wheel guns and just didn't think they could or would make gun that made me check the manufacture to be sure it said S&W on the side not ACME gun company.Fortunately after two trips to S&W and about three hours on my own doing a trigger job that they should have done, I have a gun that I actually carry now.

Top Bottom