• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    Nope you don't have to slank them in really far into the tube or anything, it pinches the end part of your thumb, the part (if you have trimmed nails) right at the end of your thumbnail.

Well, I always push them in over half way, then use the other shell to push it in, and so forth. Then, the last one, that's pushed in by my thumb... No pinches so far... And that' a lot of spring tension on that last one... Try opening the magazine tube with 7 shells in it.... Rocket attack.... Ha ha ha....

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think Richard's fingers are made of silly putty or something, it's the only explanation.

Yes, I have to either be loading them wrong or I have the velvety soft hands of a giesha girl.

I mean he loaded almost two whole box's into his & it did not pinch him not one time!

Spend the next two decades slanking shells into the magazine of your 870 & get back to me about this whole pinching thing will ya?

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My grandfather told me all about that... Korean War vet, he still has his M1 Garand in his room at home... I know I won't try that... Especially since he said it CAN take your thumb off...

Dragon,

I am not sure if it'll literally take your thumb off but it sure as hell turned my whole thumb black & blue & my thumbnail ended up falling off.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    Yes, I have to either be loading them wrong or I have the velvety soft hands of a giesha girl.

I mean he loaded almost two whole box's into his & it did not pinch him not one time!

Spend the next two decades slanking shells into the magazine of your 870 & get back to me about this whole pinching thing will ya?

No, I didn't say that soft hands thing...

If you make that statement of me being a rookie shotgun owner, and I have NOT pinched myself yet, then I must be doing something right...

I even said I could see where its possible, but I don't know why anyone would ever shove their whole thumb in the mag tube.

I'll take some pics and post them to show you guys... Since NO ONE believes me...

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No, I didn't say that soft hands thing...

I know you didn't I was teasing Tv.

If you make that statement of me being a rookie shotgun owner, and I have NOT pinched myself yet, then I must be doing something right...

It's not about doing it or not doing it right, its just the way the 870's loading gate is designed.

I even said I could see where its possible, but I don't know why anyone would ever shove their whole thumb in the mag tube.

I think you misunderstand, you don't have to shove your whole thumb in there ... it pinches the thumb right at the edge of the fingernail ends & the pad of the thumb begins.

I'll take some pics and post them to show you guys... Since NO ONE believes me...

I believe ya, I am just saying don't be surprised when it does happen.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I hunt with that 870 and bring it to the range every time I go.

I haven't kept count, but I've definitely put thousands of rounds through it.

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If he gets his thumb pinched right on the tip, then he is not using the pad of his thumb to push the shell in. That is why he gets pinched

:n00b:

Yes because it couldn't possibly be that the 870's loading gate's spring pushes it down upon a persons thumb causing a pinching action while loading it or anything.

I mean that'd just be crazy talk!

:rolleyes:

Top Bottom