• ...and so much more!
  • usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    Yes buy one

I got to shoot mine yesterday, it was cold but was worth every minute of it. I buy my ammo down at orion arms in clarksville. No other gun can you shoot as cheap and as loud at the same time.:rockwoot:

dragun762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    One thing to consider is the use of corrosive surplu ammo. you really have to clean it good after firing. i found that a good way is with windex or another ammonia based cleaner then oil well. and they cock when you open the bolt rather than when you close it. so it takes some getting use to. and if you want to mount a traditional scope the strait bolt can be an issue. prices on these seem to have doubled in the last couple months so i wouldnt wait long.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    One thing to consider is the use of corrosive surplu ammo. you really have to clean it good after firing. i found that a good way is with windex or another ammonia based cleaner then oil well. and they cock when you open the bolt rather than when you close it. so it takes some getting use to. and if you want to mount a traditional scope the strait bolt can be an issue. prices on these seem to have doubled in the last couple months so i wouldnt wait long.

Ammonia doesn't do squat for corrosive primer residue. It is water that you want to use. Windex is about 97% water with less than 1% ammonia. The rest is soap, coloring, and fragrance.
    Also, with the exception of earlier Mausers, Enfields and a few other misc vetsions, most bolt rifles do cock on opening.

IndianaRob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Ft. Wayne
    Started with one, it is a 91/30 Tula hex reciever. Now I am up to five, three 91/30's , an m44 and m38. It's like a plague, once you start there is no turning back. Ammo is still reasonable and in supply, and when you shoot one, that little Ivan creeps into your blood.

So get ya one or twenty, you wont regret it:hooked:

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Started with one, it is a 91/30 Tula hex reciever. Now I am up to five, three 91/30's , an m44 and m38. It's like a plague, once you start there is no turning back. Ammo is still reasonable and in supply, and when you shoot one, that little Ivan creeps into your blood.

So get ya one or twenty, you wont regret it:hooked:

There is a name for that. Mosinitis. The Soviet strain is bad enough, but wait until you get the Finnish variety. :D

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    I think if the Finnish strain stikes I might end up like Millertyme:twocents:

Not if I find them 1st.................:laugh:

John and I have already carved up the states of Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, and Ohio into our little spheres of influence when it comes to Mosin Nagant's
    :draw:

But if you like Rob there is some open territory down around Arkansas you can call your own.......;)

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    anybody know where i could pick up a m38 or m44?

Not sure where you are, but there seems to be a few showing in current imports of Mosins. If you are anywhere near Clarksville, check out Falls City Firearms. See if your local shop can order you one, Aim, Classic and a few other distributors have been listing them lately. Expect to pay $200 or more for a good one.

Top Bottom