• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparks408

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    I bought one here while back and I liked it a lot. so I bought 3 of them. its kinda like a .22 good cheap fun that wont break the bank

UNLOCKEM

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    They are great guns and are very accurate in my experience. They are getting hard to find now and gun show prices are really creeping up. They pack a wallop like a 12 gauge, but are a blast to shoot. Just remember if you are using corrosive ammo, to pick up a bottle of windex.

Wanderer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    Bloomington
    After shooting my friend's 91/30 last weekend I must say I'm not too impressed with Mr. Mosin's design. If it were me, I'd save up another few hundred and get a Yugo Mauser or Lee-Enfield. That said, if $100-150 is really all you can afford, I suppose you could certainly do worse. Also, I myself would like to get an original Imperial Russian M1891 Mosin one of these days for my collection.

Tims87gn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Floyds Knobs
    I've bought five over the past couple of years. They are the best bang for the buck right now hands down! I bought most when they were below $100. I'd get one. Be forewarned, every time you see one that you don't own, you'll want it. I'm currently fighting the urge to buy a Polish M44 right now...

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Buy one. I bought my first 2 weeks ago and had a blast at the range. Not too mention its an item from ww2 and ammo and be bought at decent prices. Yeah you have a little more work involved with cleaning but its worth the low price.

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    Bought a carbine just yesterday. An 1899 dated 91/38. It's a rifle that undoubtedly has a lot of wartime history (and may have been through several different Mosin configurations). If it could only talk!

Last edited:

pellidon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    Central Indiana
    They remind me of my grandfather's Stevens 22 rifle. Simple construction but reliable and accurate. They bark and have more pyrotechnics out the front than the 22 does. :D

I have only seen one or two in the shops with shot out barrels. Those were the M38 variants with no bayonet.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    sure just dont expect a 1moa gun i have one that looks brand new i don't even think it had been fired until i shot it by the way the bore looks on it, mine when its in a good mood will some times do 1.5 to 2.0 moa group some times better but that's 3 shots it opens up if it gets more than three (it was in a good mood that day) its also modified a bit.
    picture.php
    picture.php
    I have two 91/30's that will do 2-2.5 MOA all day long, but no better. This is perfectly acceptable accuracy for these old war horses. You have a good shooter there!:twocents:

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I had the short one years ago. Great rifle. No problems. Kicked like a son of a gun. Sold it for about what I paid for it. $60. I should have kept it.

Indy 1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    I love mine. Bought for 110 at Bradis about a year ago. I havent seen any at the LGS in the last few months though.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    I have two 91/30's that will do 2-2.5 MOA all day long, but no better. This is perfectly acceptable accuracy for these old war horses. You have a good shooter there!:twocents:
    ya i was kinda in shock when it did that, if you do some reading at smith sights website he has a section on there about mosin mods that help.

Top Bottom