• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    “I am in shock that we are watching yet another mass shooting unfold in America. As we pray for the victims who have been shot by a mass shooter, we must also act. As I have said before and will continue to say, thoughts and prayers – particularly from our lawmakers – are simply not enough. To reduce the gun violence that kills 88 Americans and injures hundreds more each day, we must demand our lawmakers act and work to keep guns out of dangerous hands. The phrase ‘another mass shooting’ doesn’t have to be a part of the American vocabulary.”

What? Why is she not being mocked and prayer shamed?
    Where do hey get that 88 per day? That's 32,120 every year, and according to FBI stats (what I see only goes to 2011) 8583 people died by firearm, that's 23.5 per day. The other inconvenient Truth is from 2007 to 2011 deaths have gone down.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/u.../expanded-homicide-data-table-8#disablemobile

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I won't be counter "protesting". I'll no longer legitimize my friend's ineptitude by debating her. I'm going to go about my business. 12 of them will show up and I'll laugh. What I WILL do is catch an NRA lifetime membership special after the first of the year, and put my money where my mouth is. I'd be willing to bet a tidy sum that my friend will cluck, and wring her hands, but no checks will be forthcoming to the mommies or to the candidate of her choice. We'll see.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Where do hey get that 88 per day? That's 32,120 every year, and according to FBI stats (what I see only goes to 2011) 8583 people died by firearm, that's 23.5 per day. The other inconvenient Truth is from 2007 to 2011 deaths have gone down.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/u.../expanded-homicide-data-table-8#disablemobile

The ~8500 figure is homicides. The 32K number I've seen before, and I think it is including total deaths from firearms, including accidents and suicides. Of course that's intellectually dishonest to include accidents and suicides to support the statement "To reduce the gun violence that kills 88 Americans and injures hundreds more each day, we must demand our lawmakers act and work to keep guns out of dangerous hands."

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Those idiots consider suicide to be the same as homicide. And they intend to protect you from yourself. No matter how long or horrific your death from cancer/(insert your favorite lingering death here).

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Those idiots consider suicide to be the same as homicide. And they intend to protect you from yourself. No matter how long or horrific your death from cancer/(insert your favorite lingering death here).

More importantly, prohibiting firearms has no effect on those who intend to commit suicide. Perhaps the Bullying Mommies would prefer that mentally ill people hurl themselves in front of moving trains, as is the currently favored means of suicide in Japan?

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    This is sort of a religious rant on my part; but I wish that instead of hearing from people who generally feel helpless with all their anti-gun drivel, i.e., these "moms"
    ...that somewhere someone would step up and start preaching repentance. Its a heart issue all the way. Ban all the guns in the world and sinners will still find ways to kill each other... History anyone? How about those 10 commandments that are so "antiquated" and "irrelavant"?

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Crazy talk. Everyone knows those commandments are old and broken. You know, like the 4 rules.

As far as hurling themselves in front of trains, people do that in my neck of the woods. Sometimes on purpose, sometimes not. The trains move pretty fast. One fella they didn't know about it till some kids on bikes found his tennis shoe, with foot still in it.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    More importantly, prohibiting firearms has no effect on those who intend to commit suicide. Perhaps the Bullying Mommies would prefer that mentally ill people hurl themselves in front of moving trains, as is the currently favored means of suicide in Japan?

Sure jumping in front of a train will kill you, but the guy driving that train has to live it forever.
    Be considerate, if you are going to off yourself, do it in a way that won't effect other people.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Sure jumping in front of a train will kill you, but the guy driving that train has to live it forever.
    Be considerate, if you are going to off yourself, do it in a way that won't effect other people.

If you have family/friends I'm not sure if there is a way, but I understand what you mean. And I agree. I had a friend who did it by jumping in front of a semi on 80/94. They identified him by his shoes. There was a streak on the road for a 1/4 mile for about a week. I feel bad for the driver.

Top Bottom