• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Thank you, especially for not linking to something she would get traffic from :D

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that when the NRA (and other groups) talks about people exercising their Second Amendment right it does not include shoot outs at illegal gambling dens. Maybe that's just me and my lack of ideological axe to grind

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    They're also blaming the biker shootout I believe in Waco a few months ago on the NRA and calling it a mass shooting. I personally don't link criminal activities to mass shootings but that's just me. And it would also reduce the number of mass shootings that occur which is contrary to Moms Needing Action agenda!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm sure we've all seen the stat that there have been 45 mass shootings since Sandy Hook.

We all know those numbers are :bs:

Here's a link from John Lott using specific examples of how Everytown is manipulating the numbers.

More misleading information from Bloomberg's Everytown for Gun Safety on guns: "Analysis of Recent Mass Shootings," Showing how mass public shootings keep occurring in gun-free zones - Crime Prevention Research CenterCrime Prevention Research Center

They're also blaming the biker shootout I believe in Waco a few months ago on the NRA and calling it a mass shooting. I personally don't link criminal activities to mass shootings but that's just me. And it would also reduce the number of mass shootings that occur which is contrary to Moms Needing Action agenda!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    12107057_482285648620473_4248379216601524841_n.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    related:

Unhinged Daily News Writer Wants NRA Designated A "Terrorist Group" - Bearing Arms

One terrorist group is responsible for more civilian deaths since December 2012 (the Sandy Hook massacre) than Al Qaeda, Boko Haram, Hamas and the Taliban. Yet it is the only nearly-state sponsored terrorist group that is not listed by the U.S. State Department as such.

It is the National Rifle Association and for their unending lobbying that’s kept a lid on gun control we now have 428 times more American deaths by gun than deaths by foreign terrorists.

Responsible? How?

State sponsored? How?

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I'm sure we've all seen the stat that there have been 45 mass shootings since Sandy Hook.

We all know those numbers are :bs:

Here's a link from John Lott using specific examples of how Everytown is manipulating the numbers.

More misleading information from Bloomberg's Everytown for Gun Safety on guns: "Analysis of Recent Mass Shootings," Showing how mass public shootings keep occurring in gun-free zones - Crime Prevention Research CenterCrime Prevention Research Center

Huh ? Only 45 since Sandy Hook ? I heard a newscaster this morning quoting some "expert report/study" that the Oregon shooting took place on the 294th day of 2015 and that there have been 297 mass shootings ! He defined mass shootings as 4 or more people including the shooter being hit.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Huh ? Only 45 since Sandy Hook ? I heard a newscaster this morning quoting some "expert report/study" that the Oregon shooting took place on the 294th day of 2015 and that there have been 297 mass shootings ! He defined mass shootings as 4 or more people including the shooter being hit.

I could be wrong on the 45. Either way the number is crap.

I know the Brady group has started defining a mass shooting as any time someone fires at a group of 4 more more people, regardless of whether anyone is actually hit. That way they can lump in things like drive-bys and other gang related shootings.

Top Bottom