• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andyccw

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    May 22, 2009
    NW INDY
    I'd love to come again, but I have a clinical scheduled from 1500-2300 at the ER. I had my dates written down wrong, and had last weekend off instead... my own stupid fault for not double checking all three of my calendars.
    Have fun guys!
    -Andy

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Bill, we missed you!

Another beautiful day for fellowship and trigger time. Only three of us there, but we made excellent use of the day.

Broke out the 10/22 only after using my allotment of 223. Time to hit the reloading bench again!

:dunno:Rats, still shoot better with the 10/22 :dunno:

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    WOW! It's been a long time since the last mini - 3 months to be exact. With three full seeds at the range we have been busy.

July 24 is the next mini at Cloverdale. PM if you are planning to attend.

Squirt239

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    WOW! It's been a long time since the last mini - 3 months to be exact. With three full seeds at the range we have been busy.

July 24 is the next mini at Cloverdale. PM if you are planning to attend.

Hey Dave you can count Laura and I in! I think we'll both be qualifying for Rifleman :-)

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Anyone else? Week an a half to go. Have room for 9 shooters this time around and only have 4 signed up.

Come enjoy time with fellow Americans, learn true stories of our nation's History, and practice the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship.

Dave

PS: If you are ready for the full deal ..............sign up for the weekend at Riley (24/25). You will not be disappointed!

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Weather isn't too predictable, but right now is showing mostly sunny and hot, in the 90's.

If you have a pop up cover feel free to bring it as I do not have a covered firing line. Bring plenty of water, sun screen, and any snacks/lunch you want, etc.

Plan to make a full day of it (0900 - 1630), as long as everyone stays hydrated and alert.

We will learn/practice the skills of the Rifleman and learn the history of April 19th, 1775 - our history as Americans. Whether native born or naturalized, we share this history as citizens. The history of the founding of OUR Nation.

Come out and join us, there is room on the firing line for you

Have five signed up now. PM me for a slot on the line.

PS: Cost only $10 for all the sunshine you can get. (Please be advised, we will not charge you extra if it is liquid sunshine!)

Dave

Last edited:

dom1104

Shooter
    Mar 23, 2010
    I just talked my buddy Steve into coming, he will be there as well.

so sign him up for a spot.

He does not have a GI sling tho, is there any chance someone might have an extra we could borrow?

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    We now have some cover for at least part of the line. It will be a hot one, but some shade will help. :rockwoot:

I just talked my buddy Steve into coming, he will be there as well.

so sign him up for a spot.

He does not have a GI sling tho, is there any chance someone might have an extra we could borrow?

And we we have a sling your buddy may borrow for the day.

unforgiven1203

Marksman
    Jun 8, 2008
    Dayton OH
    I wish I coulda shot with you guys today (even in this heat).I was so bummed out about missing the "mini", I had to have my own private one in Ohio! I hope all the new shooters get the fever and keep the cloverdale "mini's" going.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I wish I coulda shot with you guys today (even in this heat).I was so bummed out about missing the "mini", I had to have my own private one in Ohio! I hope all the new shooters get the fever and keep the cloverdale "mini's" going.

You were there in spirit, unforgiven. DaveD mentioned how much you supported the minis when you lived in the area - maybe you happened to be shooting at the same time he was talking about you. ;)

It turned out to be a great day. I was worried about the heat, but DaveD paced the day well and the breeze was a lifesaver! Good shooting, good history, good people - how could it get better?

By shooting some steel afterwards. :D That was fun! Thanks, DaveD!

Hope to see you all at a full 'seed soon! Dom, thanks for bringing your canopy to help cover the line; Steve, you're sooo close, so we'll expect to see you back soon!; Doug, thanks for hanging out with me behind the line and I hope you feel up to more shooting some time; Eric, you made some great improvements today so I hope to see you back soon! It was great meeting all of you!

100_5548.jpg

^Time to shoot.

100_5545.jpg

^The right side of the line.

100_5546.jpg

^The left side of the line.

100_5551.jpg

^DHolder and DaveD getting down to do some instructing.

100_5556.jpg

^As you can see above, Bubba finally proved to his home state that he truly is a Rifleman. Yay!

Last edited:

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    AuntieBellum,

Great photo's Thank you!

Yes, it was a hot one, but with awnings provided by Auntibellum and Dom we didn't bake on the line,
    (too much :D)

Another fun shoot, with some History included :rockwoot:Great group of shooters too. My thanks to all who came out and braved the heat with us

Unforgiven1203,

Yep, sure missed you and your Dad. Doesn't seem like a complete mini without you guys there

Top Bottom