Not open for further replies.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Cite quotes please.

Here's one from Advance America, Indiana's TEAvangelical darlings. From their website.
    “SB 101 will help *protect* religious freedom in Indiana by providing protection for individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, along with *Christian businesses* and *churches*. SB 101 will help protect individuals, Christian businesses and churches from those *supporting homosexual marriages* and those supporting *government recognition* and approval of *gender identity (male cross-dressers)*.”

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Whatever this is just a media circus. This is a non issue. Obama gets a slide but if you're a white male governor they're all over your ass for the same thing the give every other state a pass on. This thread and topic is a complete joke but I see the sheeple went along because they don't know how to read and just go off what the tv says. Dumbasses

Race card much?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We run around freaking out about the word "discrimination" as if we don't all discriminate every day.

Not all people have a right to my services. I can choose my clients and have rejected cases based upon my personal, religious, beliefs. Why should the government be allowed to force me to provide my services to a client whose cause I do not believe in based upon my religious beliefs?

Right now, there is no such law and all the RFRA does is provide a means to challenge any such law that may be passed. If the government should make such a law and it does not substantially impair my freedom of religion or it is narrowly tailored to address a compelling state interest, the law will be upheld. If the government makes a law that substantially impairs my ability to freely practice my religion and it is not narrowly tailored to address a compelling state interest, I can assert the law as a defense to a lawsuit or enforcement action. A powerful PR machine is the only reason this is even an issue....and oh yes, anti-religious bigots. That street runs two ways.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Pence should probably step down. It abundantly clear that he's an idiot. The votes were there to override his veto. He could have easily vetoed the bill, citing clarification issues, yet still symbolically supported it. His stupidity has ended his national aspirations, and taken millions from Hoosier pockets.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    The question was gottcha quest from a lefty activist masquerading as an objective journalist. He knew what he was doing. Indiana does not recognize LBGT folks as a "special" class with "special" protections, but answering so would have thrown fuel on the arsonists fire, and he knew that. Yeah, he is dumb isn't he.

Pence agreed to go on the show, didn't he? If Pence was true to his convictions, he should have just answered with a yes or a no. He tap danced around that guy so much it would make a ballet expert's jaw drop. Or maybe he's too embarassed to express his true opinion. To me he has no spine, whatever his position may be.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Pence should probably step down. It abundantly clear that he's an idiot. The votes were there to override his veto. He could have easily vetoed the bill, citing clarification issues, yet still symbolically supported it. His stupidity has ended his national aspirations, and taken millions from Hoosier pockets.

We have an idiot for President. Should he step down?

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Well, one thing is for sure, Pence is never going to be president, right or wrong.

This definitely ruined his national image. I bet a majority of Americans had no idea who he was before Thursday. Even if he did try to run, I'd imagine the other GOP candidates would bring up the abysmal handling of the bill during debate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom