• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    I've bought a few guns from them over the years at the Indy 1500. Didn't have any problems there. However.....

When I received their mailer about 2 years ago, there was a Sig listed that I had been looking for. I called and talked to some kid who said they had it. He was holding it as we spoke. I told him I'd drive up and get there before they closed the same day. He said he'd put it "in the back" for me. When I got there......"Oh, we sold that about 2 hours ago."

I haven't had anything to do with them since.

Augustine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    South Bend
    I bought a Mosin Nagant from them today and it was actually really nice. Granted, it was a Monday afternoon/evening (around 5) and the store was winding down, but the guy who helped me was nice and efficient. So much so, in fact, that I'm going to make sure I write to the manager and tell him how nice it was to get some more-than-decent service in there - maybe the guy will get a raise or something.

jotto

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    NW Indiana
    I've bought a lot from them over the years and have had nothing but great service. I deal with Dave and he has been prompt in getting me what I want if he doesn't have it in stock. I've had no complaints. They will continue to get my business in the future.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    His name was Adam and I'm pretty sure it still is. (My grandfather was an English teacher. I just can't help myself).

Since you couldn't help yourself, here it is correctly for grandpa:

His name was Adam and I'm pretty sure it is still. My grandfather was an English teacher. I just can't help myself.

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Adam is a very good guy and understands customer service! I'm glad he was helpful and if anyone needs anything from midwest please let me know and I will try and help or direct you to someone that can help you.

Augustine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    South Bend
    Adam is a very good guy and understands customer service! I'm glad he was helpful and if anyone needs anything from midwest please let me know and I will try and help or direct you to someone that can help you.

Thanks so much! I concur, he seems like a nice guy and was a good salesman. Do you work at Midwest as well?

Bugoutbob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    South Bend
    There are a few guys in there that don't believe in customer service, but in general I've had good experiences.

I took my wife in there last week to check out the grip on a half dozen handguns and we were helped by Bruce. He was pretty awesome, showed us what we wanted and even gave a few non pushy suggestions. Afterword my wife commented on how great he was, that he didn't treat her like she was an idiot and she had fun! I will definatly be buying from Bruce once I find somewhere I can let her fire the guns she was comparing.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Stopped by there on Friday, 4-13. Lot of sales help, all asked if they can show me something. Prices are so/so, lot of new firearms since my last trip there 2yrs ago.
    For a guy on a budget, some of the newer models are expensive. I sometimes feel if you can't afford to keep up, keep your older ones and they will still do their job.
    Got out the Hoppes, Gun oil, and break free, and cleaned a few oldies when I got home. I appreciate them for their past service.

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    There are a few guys in there that don't believe in customer service, but in general I've had good experiences.

I took my wife in there last week to check out the grip on a half dozen handguns and we were helped by Bruce. He was pretty awesome, showed us what we wanted and even gave a few non pushy suggestions. Afterword my wife commented on how great he was, that he didn't treat her like she was an idiot and she had fun! I will definatly be buying from Bruce once I find somewhere I can let her fire the guns she was comparing.

That is awesome and Bruce is a great guy and if you look around Midwest you will see some of his artwork on display as that is his main interests.

Sometimes as gun people we have the tendancy to "speak above" people that may be new to firearms or we just get caught up into things during the discussion. It's too bad as we do a diservice to ourselves in the gun community and it leads to threads about bad service.

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Demand is pretty high right now for everything so not sure when the next sale might be. I would expect a few smaller sales like our facebook specials once in awhile and the emails.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Demand is pretty high right now for everything so not sure when the next sale might be. I would expect a few smaller sales like our facebook specials once in awhile and the emails.

Just a thought: See if you can get them to send the Friday emails a little earlier in the day. They hit my inbox Friday night and I don't see them until Monday morning. It would be great to see them before the weekend. That way, if I see something I want to buy, I can go over the weekend instead of trying to get there on a weeknight.

I'm probably not the Lone Ranger with respect to the email timing. You'll probably see an uptick in sales, too.

Last edited:

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    I've had 2 really bad experiences in the new store with a young gal they had on staff a couple years back, I dont know her name and I think they must of fired her because I dont see her working anymore. However Bob has worked with me on multiple occasions he's been great, his humor and attitude are outstanding.

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    I've had 2 really bad experiences in the new store with a young gal they had on staff a couple years back, I dont know her name and I think they must of fired her because I dont see her working anymore. However Bob has worked with me on multiple occasions he's been great, his humor and attitude are outstanding.

There have been a few younger gals in the shop over the past few years.

What was the issue if you dont mind me asking?

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    I’ll try and tell the story as best as I can remember it when it happened a few years ago. The two incidents happened 2 different times but related to the same employee. (cannot for the life of me remember the date) I tried to buy a lower receiver made by RRA. I had seen it on sale in a flyer, so I decided it was a good deal and came into the store to pick one up. She was the one that helped me, but only very reluctantly. Having to ask multiple times to get her attention. She pulled it out of the display case and I handled it to make sure it wasn’t some sort of odd spec receiver (ie colt commercial models with different size pins). I told her I’d buy it, she took a long time to actually start the paperwork, I don’t remember how long. But I’m a pretty patient guy so it must have been a while. Then when the item got rang up the price was higher, and I had to physically show here the store flyer so she would fix it. She did her paperwork thing and put it in a brown paper bag. I paid the price, walked out of the store, got home, looked inside the bag to find a different brand receiver, it was not Rock River Arms, but something else that started with a “R” Maybe ruggio or something? I don’t know. So I called Midwest right away and explained what happened. They said I could come back to exchange it if it hadn’t been hadn’t been altered. (Of course it hadn’t I’ve owned it for maybe a half hour now). I didn’t have time to return to the store the same day, the next day I went back and located the same employee and said I needed to exchange it and she was rude about it saying I should have made sure it was the right thing before I left the store. I gave argued this example to her “If I’m looking specifically buying a Springfield 1911 and you box me up a Taurus 1911 and I don’t realize it before I leave, who is more to blame?” So another employee gets involved and exchanged the lower receiver for the proper one and I left. I was Happy with the receiver because I remember it being a very good price, however, I was very unhappy with how I was treated by the young lady and the fact that I wasted time/gas going back to the store for a problem I felt was a result of buying from her and not a better employee.

I do realize that Midwest was extremely busy because they had a big sale going on, also mistakes happen especially possible with 2 receivers that look similar but have differnet names and numbers on them. So I take that into consideration, but the experience left me with a sour feeling.

Unrelated positive news Tim was pretty helpful, just bought a rifle from there 2 days ago and he seemed happy to help out.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Elkhart, IN
    I have been to Midwest about a dozen times. Once for ammo and got great service. The other 11 or so were either poor, or horrible service depending on the day. Once I went in to buy a rifle to hunt with and they recommended a nice ruger 77/44 stainless. They were asking full manufacturers suggested retail price on it. I bought it on Gunbroker and had it shipped and transfered for a full $160 less before tax than Midwest was asking for theirs. Both were brand new in the box. If I'm looking for a "Deal" midwest guns is not the first place that comes to mind. Not when I can order it online or purchase it on Gunbroker and have it shipped for 20%+ less. Heck sales tax alone is a $70 increase on a $1000 gun. I suggest shopping around on the computer first. You will almost always save money over Midwest, and you don't have to waste an hour or more trying to get waited on.

Top Bottom