• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I have been to Midwest about a dozen times. Once for ammo and got great service. The other 11 or so were either poor, or horrible service depending on the day. Once I went in to buy a rifle to hunt with and they recommended a nice ruger 77/44 stainless. They were asking full manufacturers suggested retail price on it. I bought it on Gunbroker and had it shipped and transfered for a full $160 less before tax than Midwest was asking for theirs. Both were brand new in the box. If I'm looking for a "Deal" midwest guns is not the first place that comes to mind. Not when I can order it online or purchase it on Gunbroker and have it shipped for 20%+ less. Heck sales tax alone is a $70 increase on a $1000 gun. I suggest shopping around on the computer first. You will almost always save money over Midwest, and you don't have to waste an hour or more trying to get waited on.

They are usually one of the go to places at the 1500 but I was shocked at their last flyer that had the M&P Shield at full retail price.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have noticed that it seems like their prices are no bargain the last year or so. But they are selling new guns constantly so I guess why should they mark them down. I go elsewhere but most don't.

apsjiml

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    Some of those guys in there act like jerks, but some are nice. I think what it is, is that they think they are super cool. I like zx guns in goshen. Those guys are nice. The guy in Granger seems ok too. A little quiet if you don't know him. Hell, I like Len from Lens gun shop, even if he doesnt sell guns I think he is pretty cool

akethan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Elkhart
    Some of those guys in there act like jerks, but some are nice. I think what it is, is that they think they are super cool. I like zx guns in goshen. Those guys are nice. The guy in Granger seems ok too. A little quiet if you don't know him. Hell, I like Len from Lens gun shop, even if he doesnt sell guns I think he is pretty cool

I picked up a 17L from ZX a couple of weeks ago for $599. MGE was $699 and would not come off a penny.

drillsgt, ZX's Shields were $369.00

Indianajeff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Indiana
    I was up there 2 weekends ago and stood at the knife counter for 20 min waiting for help, then walked over to the pistol counter by the cash registers to find someone but I guess I was invisible that day. I have spent a TON of money in there, but after that, I'm done with them. I'll put my flame suit on, so have it.

Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    Agreed with all of the negative comments prior... poor service and help. We always go to GrangerGuns if you are looking for something in the Northern-South Bend area.

s&wluvr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    LaPorte/Michigan City area
    I have been to Midwest numerous times and found their customer service very fine. I purchased my first AR there about a year ago and was very pleased. I stopped in yesterday, only because I had to go to South Bend on another errand and since they were close by, I decided to stop in. As it turned out, no less than 6 of their people asked me if they could help me while I was perusing the premises. Well, while looking around, I found the AR pistol lower that I had been looking for for some time now. They cut me a nice price on it and it accompanied me home. I have nothing but nice things to say about this shop. I will continue to return there.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I have been to Midwest numerous times and found their customer service very fine. I purchased my first AR there about a year ago and was very pleased. I stopped in yesterday, only because I had to go to South Bend on another errand and since they were close by, I decided to stop in. As it turned out, no less than 6 of their people asked me if they could help me while I was perusing the premises. Well, while looking around, I found the AR pistol lower that I had been looking for for some time now. They cut me a nice price on it and it accompanied me home. I have nothing but nice things to say about this shop. I will continue to return there.

:bs:

One maybe, two doubtful, three highly dubious but six?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Elkhart, IN

Also what is a nice price on a none spacific AR pistol lower?

In my post I dealt with spacifc items and exact pricing.

If you got a deal I think that's great. How much was it and what item was it on? Was it an advertised bargin, or did you negotiate it for yourself based on your knowledge of internet pricing?

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    :bs:

One maybe, two doubtful, three highly dubious but six?

As someone that works there sometimes on the weekends I can say that this does happen. Now I'm not disputing the previous poster saying they did not get acknowledged, but I know we hit or try to hit every person in the shop multiple times.

Sure there are days when things are busy, with hundreds of people coming in and out, and we get people in that just want to take up your time while a potential customer sits and waits, but it is what it is. We try our best and in some cases someone might not get the attention they deserve and we are sorry for that. Being on Grape road brings in a lot of tire kickers that may or may not ever purchase anything from you, but you still give them attention, sometimes at the expense of buyers.

We often discuss this among a few of the guys how many times we hit people with , "How can I help you" or "Is anyone helping you" and some people just get mad at us for pestering them like used car salesman after every employee has asked them that.;)

I know one of my buddies came in for me last weekend and had to wait 45 minutes until I was done with a customer. It just happens even with all the employees there are days when people have to wait.

In regards to pricing I will try and work with you, if I can. I have worked with a number of people on this board and AR15.com and have been able to help them out numerous times with anything from a scope to a SCAR. But like all things in a couple of instances I was unable to help them and we discussed it and they went elsewhere.

In the culture we operate in there is always going to be people that like or dislike a company or business based upon their experiences or how it feels.

I know of a gun shop that it fairly close to Midwest that I have purchased from a number of times in the past where you get treated like you are disturbing him if you ask questions or need to see anything. After numerous times of being treated like an idiot that was screwing his day up, I have not gone back. I think we all know who that is right;) But there are some here who except that treatment and continue to go there and purchase. For you it works, for me it wont, we are all different in our expectations and perceptions.

If you need something on the weekend just ask for me if need be, I am more than willing to help anyone no matter if they are on this board or not.

Sajer/Chris

kobra

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I stop in at least once or twice a month. I have found everyone to be extremely nice and easy to deal with. I usually deal with Tim, but I have talked to Bob and Chris. Have I went in and found it difficult to get someone's attention? Yes I have. But it's usually on a Saturday and they're swamped. I actually don't mind not being bothered every couple minutes. But, when I do need help I can easily find someone.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    Just a thought: See if you can get them to send the Friday emails a little earlier in the day. They hit my inbox Friday night and I don't see them until Monday morning. It would be great to see them before the weekend. That way, if I see something I want to buy, I can go over the weekend instead of trying to get there on a weeknight.

I'm probably not the Lone Ranger with respect to the email timing. You'll probably see an uptick in sales, too.

I think they heard you.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Just a thought: See if you can get them to send the Friday emails a little earlier in the day. They hit my inbox Friday night and I don't see them until Monday morning. It would be great to see them before the weekend. That way, if I see something I want to buy, I can go over the weekend instead of trying to get there on a weeknight.

I'm probably not the Lone Ranger with respect to the email timing. You'll probably see an uptick in sales, too.

Gret job guys! I just got the weekly email!

Awesome!
    :rockwoot::D:yesway::patriot:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Went there last night after work.

Bravo to them. I was asked if I could be helped not 10 feet in the door. Was taken to the gun on sale I wanted, was helped while I was holster shopping. The employee went in back to look for a holster and I had 3 more employees come by to be sure I was being looked after.

Bought some .22 ammo and some shot shells for trap, plus a $25 Crossman BB/pellet gun for S&G's.

I'm very impressed with the improvement in their customer service.

Great job Midwest!

Great job!:rockwoot:

Now if I could only get the weekly email before Friday night before I leave work...;)

Last edited:

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    Just came back from Midwest with my brand new Anniversary edition Ruger Single Six.. and it is sweeet!!

Thanks Taylor!

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I know of a gun shop that it fairly close to Midwest that I have purchased from a number of times in the past where you get treated like you are disturbing him if you ask questions or need to see anything. After numerous times of being treated like an idiot that was screwing his day up, I have not gone back. I think we all know who that is right;) But there are some here who except that treatment and continue to go there and purchase. For you it works, for me it wont, we are all different in our expectations and perceptions.

Sajer/Chris

I have never had a problem with the above person and find his regular prices are hard to beat. When I go to a shop I am simply looking for a fair price and reasonable customer service. I am not going to pay extra for something I can order from Buds just because some salesperson is nice to me. I like Midwest and if they have a firearm on sale the price is hard to beat anywhere. I have found you are generally happier with your LSG purchase if you call around to find the best price.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom