• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    Here is pitch by pitch description of my experience, just tonight.

Drove up there from Columbia City to buy a S&W 22a with a 4 inch barrel that I saw in the sale flyer.. I called ahead to check if they had them in stock. Yes they did. I was about 3 steps inside when I was greeted and asked if I could be helped. I needed to make a beeline for the facilities, I indicated to the young man. When I came out, I approached the counter. I pretty much knew what I wanted, but browsed a bit anyway and as I moved from section to section of the counter, I was approached and asked if I could be helped. Everything I asked to see was promptly removed from the case for me to peruse. Not once did I feel as though a sales guy felt "bothered".

I picked out my selection, which was on sale, and tried to knock the salesman down a bit more in price (unsuccessfully lol) and told him I would take it anyway and asked him to get one from the back, which he promptly did. As he was calling in my purchase, I was approached again and had another guy (Cameron) grab an M&P 9c with a laser on it for me so I could check the feel. Very pleasant young man. Paperwork finished, we went to the register. While we were waiting for the prior customer to finish, I told the two ( I sure wish I could remember my salesman's name) that " They were going to fool around and make me post a positive review on INGO" LOL We had a little chuckle, we completed our transaction, and he reached his hand out and we shook hands. Great gesture.

All of this took place in the last half-hour they were open tonight, and I never felt rushed.

My opinion... Impressed.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Midwest has a 'big summer sale' going on now. What caught my eye was a 40% discount on Galco holsters. That IS a deal :yesway:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    There are some good people at Midwest... The staff in the Elkhart store are excellent as well and their sales are usually pretty solid.

Lock load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Mishawaka IN
    +1 to Midwest.
    Bought a Galco belt holster for my Sig p226.
    40% off sale had already ended a couple days ago. But still sold it to me with the 40% discount.
    $95 holster for $57. I left very happy :)

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Picked me up a new Galco belt, along with a Galco spare mad carrier for my Glock 20. Gave me the sale price too! My belt was due to replacement, as it was over 15 yrs old.
    Wore my new one all day today (so far) and haven't had to 'adjust' my shorts (with gun and spare mags) all day. Can't say enough good things about Galco.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    My wife and I were in Mishawake yesterday and decided to stop in. It was by far the nicest gun store we've ever been in. We only had a few minutes to kill before our lunch reservations and I wanted to show her the Chiappa Rhino. It took a few minutes get a salesman, but it was only because they were all busy with customers. Tony Ciesiolka finally came over and helped us and he was great.
    My wife was tempted to get one because it was on sale, but it isn't in our finances right now.
    +1 for Midwest.

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    I had purchased two pistols from them before and the last one that I tried to purchase was an absolute nightmare and I will NEVER give Midwest another penny of mine!

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    I had purchased two pistols from them before and the last one that I tried to purchase was an absolute nightmare and I will NEVER give Midwest another penny of mine!

What exactly was your issue? I don't work there, I just happen to be a happy customer...

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    What exactly was your issue? I don't work there, I just happen to be a happy customer...

They were supposed to do a transfer on a pistol for me, I was buying a pistol from them and they just needed to ship it down south so I wouldn't have to drive all the way up north. Afters nearly 2 weeks, they still wouldn't send a copy of their FFL to mine, all they needed to do was fax it. Always had an excuse for it not being there. I finally just had the FFL holder I was having it shiipped to find me the same pistol and bought it from him. Someone from their company was lying, because they never once faxed it and just blamed it on my FFL holder. Made a 2 day sale turn into weeks. Never again!

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    I would be lying if I said I never had issues with FFL transfers.. especially regarding getting MWGE to fax over their FFL... Their customer service has dramatically improved over the past year or so, I imagine they're still working out the kinks in being such a high volume store. More money, more problems, right!?

They were supposed to do a transfer on a pistol for me, I was buying a pistol from them and they just needed to ship it down south so I wouldn't have to drive all the way up north. Afters nearly 2 weeks, they still wouldn't send a copy of their FFL to mine, all they needed to do was fax it. Always had an excuse for it not being there. I finally just had the FFL holder I was having it shiipped to find me the same pistol and bought it from him. Someone from their company was lying, because they never once faxed it and just blamed it on my FFL holder. Made a 2 day sale turn into weeks. Never again!

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    I would be lying if I said I never had issues with FFL transfers.. especially regarding getting MWGE to fax over their FFL... Their customer service has dramatically improved over the past year or so, I imagine they're still working out the kinks in being such a high volume store. More money, more problems, right!?

I agree with you, but it just went on too long and the way that they just acted as though they didn't care and pushed the blame on everyone else, I don't care too much fo that!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Who faxes anymore anyway? Just e-mail it, much quicker and easier and probably more reliable.

Mr. Gadsden

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    A buddy and I went on a Saturday. For being busy, I still got lots of face time. Their selection was great. I ended up picking up a Springfield 1911 compact for $100 cheaper than I had seen it elsewhere in an actual brick and mortar.

ssblair

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Elkhart County
    My experience--and I've been in there several times and periodically to browse the 'used' rack--is that the sales people are all very willing to help answer questions or show you inventory. However, when it gets busy, they can get outnumbered very fast and that can make it take awhile to get help. I've had that happen to me only a couple times to contemplate leaving the store, but I believe it was because they were doing their best to service the people they were with at the time. Eventually they got to me, but I am a patient guy and I recognized that it wasn't their fault for getting slammed by customers.

Omaha In June

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    South Bend
    I've been dealing w/ Midwest for 15 years, buying knives from them when they were in the 100 Center (The Old Kamm & Schellinger Brewery) before I could buy firearms. So, I'm going to be a little biased here. I've spent more money w/ them then my wife will ever know and at one time it was like walking into Cheers where, "everybody knows your name". I've since slowed way down on my purchases, as marriage and other hobbies allowed, (I play guitar in a rockabilly band.) But, yet I still feel that I get the same service that I used to get years ago. Brian and Bob are who I normally talk to, but I've had great service and just conversations w/ Dave and Taylor.

I'm not saying that there weren't times when I felt that their customer service was lacking. And this always tended to be w/ the younger or and/or newer employees. Now you've got to expect a wait on the weekends or during lunch hours. I've worked in enough retail jobs where you're stacked up three or four customers deep, and as long as everyone works together, you get through it. But, I have no love lost when I overheard an employee tell another customer, "that I can't wait to get out of here!" That in my book, is a major no-go. You never make the customer feel like you're wasting the employee's time. If you're on the sales floor, then you're there for one thing only... the customer.

I will gladly admit, that over the last few months, I've noticed that the employees are paying more attention to customer's needs and acknowledging them throughout the store. Kudos to the management staff for working on this. Especially when you can find deals via the interwebs, any brick and mortar store worth it's salt should be doing everything they can to keep their customers from walking out.

Paul

northtownship

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    I was just in there Saturday and had 3 or 4 different salesman asing if I needed any help. I browsed around for awhile and ended up picking up a new Smith and Wesson M&P for 50 to 100 dollars less then the used ones I've seen online. I also got the last CRKT sharpener they had in stock. Probably spent at least an hour to an hour and a half there, even talked photography with one of the salesmen. Thanks guys it was a good day.

BaseDeltaZero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    South Bend
    I haven't had any problems in the last year there. Every time I get asked within 10 minutes or less if I need help. Well, maybe it's because I take my 8 & 10 year old boys in with me and they want to size up every gun. :runaway:

Top Bottom