• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Has anyone ever bought a gun from them that acted up a couple weeks later? Im about to find out about how good their CS is I guess. I have bought a total of 4 from them in total and 3 in the last few weeks.

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    what issue are you having ?

"acting up" is kind of vague? I might assume the gun has a defect, which would in turn be sent back the the manufacturer for warranty work.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    The gun was fine and then started to not lock back on empty mags. I bought it a couple weeks back, after haggling with them they took it back and I took a slight loss for store credit. Kinda sucks I lost any money as I had bought three guns in less than a week but what can you do, it could have been worse I guess.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    +1

I just had a very positive experience at the Midwest Gun Exchange Superstore on Grape rd. The salesman was more than polite and right on the spot for any questions I had. I sorted through a few Mosin 91/30's and found the one I liked. Within minutes I had the background check paperwork in hand. Less than 10 minutes later it was paid for and out the door!

Great work Midwest!

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The gun was fine and then started to not lock back on empty mags. I bought it a couple weeks back, after haggling with them they took it back and I took a slight loss for store credit. Kinda sucks I lost any money as I had bought three guns in less than a week but what can you do, it could have been worse I guess.

Why not go through the warranty and get it fixed? Im actually impressed they would take it back, most shops probably wouldnt. Some may though.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    ^^LIke I said they were good to me. Thumbs up. Either way I bought something even more expensive before I left the store so the store credit is long gone. I almost walked out with three guns instead of one but they wouldnt do what I want to do with the amount of $

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Why not go through the warranty and get it fixed? Im actually impressed they would take it back, most shops probably wouldnt.

Well, actually sounds like he traded it back (at a loss to ultraspec). They didn't take it back (i.e. they didn't refund him or exchange it for something else ... which as you state I've never heard of anyone doing since the gun can't be sold as new again since its been transferred once).

Sounds like an issue that probably could have been taken care of fairly easily with some troubleshooting, but sounds like ultraspec was happy with the deal and that's all that really matters.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    All in all, I've had good luck with MGE. I've bought 5 guns from them: 2 at the store in Mishawaka and 3 at the Indy 1500 gun show. No complaints with any of them. My only complaint was the first time I drove up to Mishawaka to get a gun they confirmed they had waiting for me. Of course, when I got there, they didn't have it. However, they cut the price on a similar gun to the point where I wasn't complaining anymore. Like I said, all in all, no complaints.

VaqueroEM

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    South side of Indy
    I hate to read these neg comments. I bought a couple guns from them at the 1500 gun show earlier this year. They all seemed eager to help and were quick with my purchases.

Im planning a trip to SB to go to their store and probably over to their range. I hope I get the same service from them in the store as I have had from them at the gun shows. Both times I made the purchase from John at the gun show.

We will see... rest assured I will leave me comments here in INGO!

polski313

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Midwest Gun Exchange terrible service and follow through on special order

I special ordered 2 boxes of 16 ga shotgun shells on 10/27/2011. It's now 1/13/2012, no shells yet. When I went into the store they were completely out of 16 ga shells and the salesman made the offer to me to special order what I wanted. He verified that they were available from their supplier. I know it's a small sale for them but I paid up front and their website says that they do special orders if you can’t find what you’re looking for. They have my money I have no product to show for it. I was told by the salesman an order like that usually takes about a week. I called the store after 2 weeks. When I tried to inquire about my order I was told the guy in receiving is good about calling when orders come in. At 5 weeks I went into the store and was brushed off the same way in person (may have been the same guy that answered the phone), while I was there I noticed they did havesome 16 ga shells back in stock, just not the shot size and brand I ordered(I wonder if they came in and they sold them). After 7-8 weeks I used the ‘contact us’ section of their website asking for a status report, if it was backordered and if there was an estimated arrival date or if I should expect a refund. NO RESPONSE to my inquiry. I tried shopping locally instead of ordering from Cabela’s, Bass Pro Shop, Cheaper than Dirt, or Sportsman’s Guide. If I would’ve ordered from one of them and paid a little more for the shipping charges I would have received them by now. I filed a BBB complaint on 1/9/12 for product delivery issues. I won’t be going back.:xmad:

polski313

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Thanks for the welcome. During the time I've been waiting for my shells I bought a Mosin-Nagant 91/30, but that will be the last sale they get from me.

Robertson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    I special ordered 2 boxes of 16 ga shotgun shells on 10/27/2011. It's now 1/13/2012, no shells yet. When I went into the store they were completely out of 16 ga shells and the salesman made the offer to me to special order what I wanted. He verified that they were available from their supplier. I know it's a small sale for them but I paid up front and their website says that they do special orders if you can’t find what you’re looking for. They have my money I have no product to show for it. I was told by the salesman an order like that usually takes about a week. I called the store after 2 weeks. When I tried to inquire about my order I was told the guy in receiving is good about calling when orders come in. At 5 weeks I went into the store and was brushed off the same way in person (may have been the same guy that answered the phone), while I was there I noticed they did havesome 16 ga shells back in stock, just not the shot size and brand I ordered(I wonder if they came in and they sold them). After 7-8 weeks I used the ‘contact us’ section of their website asking for a status report, if it was backordered and if there was an estimated arrival date or if I should expect a refund. NO RESPONSE to my inquiry. I tried shopping locally instead of ordering from Cabela’s, Bass Pro Shop, Cheaper than Dirt, or Sportsman’s Guide. If I would’ve ordered from one of them and paid a little more for the shipping charges I would have received them by now. I filed a BBB complaint on 1/9/12 for product delivery issues. I won’t be going back.:xmad:

Sir,

I apologize for the delay in getting you the 16ga shells you ordered. Please email me at dave@midwestgunexchange.com with your contact info and I will take care of this tomorrow. We appreciate your business and I will do everything I can to keep it. Thank you sir.

Dave Robertson
    MGE

polski313

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Well posting a bad review here got the attention of some of the employees of Midwest Gun Exchange including Andy, who is the shipping and receiving person. He very quicly located my shells and got back in touch with me. I don't know where the break down was and why I wasn't contacted when they were received but he was very apologetic and wanted to rectify the situation. I appreciate his prompt response to my complaint. Thanks Andy:).

Just a word of advice to anyone who works retail sales, if someone has already spent money in your store and is looking for some follow up, you would do well to give him a few minutes of your time instead of brushing him off. He is a proven customer and will probably give you repeat business in the future. Ignore him and he will take his business elsewhere.

A couple boxes of ammo is a small sale, but it doesn't last forever. More will be needed(gun is pretty useless without it) and everytime someone walks in the door there's a chance he'll decide to buy more than what he intended to purchase.

Top Bottom