• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    I made a stop into Midwest a week or two ago and received the normal "delayed" service.. this I have come to expect. What really upset me was the pricing I got when talking to an employee about ordering a pistol.

I've been jonesing over Five-Seven for a while, and wanted to order one in FDE. I stopped in, they happened to have a used one in black, so I asked to handle it. I was surprised to see that their price for the used Five Seven was more than I could buy it for new... But I put this behind me as I've been getting rather good deals there since I've spent several grand over the past couple years. After confirming that I like the way it felt, I let the salesman (who I've never dealt with before.. ) know that I was interested in ordering a new one in FDE. He spent a bit of time looking it up (never did ask me if I wanted the fixed or adjustable sights) and finally came back with a rather large price. (Over $1100) -- I told him there was no way I was going to spend that much ordering it from them when I could save a couple hundred by picking it up online. Had this been anyone else that I've dealt with there, I would've gotten a good price up front. But for whatever reason, he decided to high ball me, and never offered to see what he could do.

Did I mention that they also wanted 100% down on the order? Not sure if that's their normal policy as I've ordered a couple guns from the Elkhart store w/o having to paying 100% upfront.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Did I mention that they also wanted 100% down on the order?

Just a guess but maybe an FN 5-7 is not the easiest pistol to move in the event someone who ordered it doesn't complete the transaction.

As to their pricing I've noticed too that some things are a screaming deal and some things are better bought elsewhere. I.E. I got a much better price on an Encore frame at Granger Guns. Maybe it's just the contacts they have. :dunno:

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    tonhe
    it is standard operating procedure when a customer wants to order something that we ask for it all up front. it just keeps us from getting something that we cant move. Now the 5.7 does move, but not like it used so im sure the sales person again was just sticking to the SOP of ordering.
    Who did you work with BTW?

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    tonhe
    it is standard operating procedure when a customer wants to order something that we ask for it all up front. it just keeps us from getting something that we cant move. Now the 5.7 does move, but not like it used so im sure the sales person again was just sticking to the SOP of ordering.
    Who did you work with BTW?

I'm not sure who the guy was. I'm used to dealing with a few select guys there. Tim, Bob, Dave, Bruce, etc..

I had a feeling that would be policy for guns that are not normal stocking items. But you guys have had new Five Sevens there before.. this one just happens to be in FDE.

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    I'd be happy to check again for you on this, but I am just a part timer anyway so let me know.

Again, we do stock them from time to time , but the FDE might be the concern.

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    I'd be happy to check again for you on this, but I am just a part timer anyway so let me know.

Again, we do stock them from time to time , but the FDE might be the concern.

Thanks for taking a couple minutes to talk to me at the store yesterday. Glad to get to know another shooter here in the area. :D

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Nice to meet you also and my offer still stands if you want to get together and shoot sometime.

We could even run some full autos at the elkhart store.....you buy the ammo though ;-)

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Did I mention that they also wanted 100% down on the order? Not sure if that's their normal policy as I've ordered a couple guns from the Elkhart store w/o having to paying 100% upfront.

Last I heard they changed their policy on payment plans....

I buddy of mine wanted to get a 1911 from them and they said they don't take payments any more.

Balinor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    payments

Midwest still takes "payments" (layaways) on in stock items, but on special orders as stated earlier it is payment in full.

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    Just as informational... Midwest raised their FFL transfer fee to $35 (not sure when, found out today when I picked up my Spike's lower)

Augustine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    South Bend
    Since moving to Indiana, I've been in this store a few times. I go there for ammo a lot and they seem to have good prices on the stuff I shoot at the range. The customer service is hit or miss. I either walk in, walk around trying to look like I'm there to buy something, and walk out 15 minutes later, or someone walks up as soon as I get in the building. The people who have helped me have all been great.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Since moving to Indiana, I've been in this store a few times. I go there for ammo a lot and they seem to have good prices on the stuff I shoot at the range. The customer service is hit or miss. I either walk in, walk around trying to look like I'm there to buy something, and walk out 15 minutes later, or someone walks up as soon as I get in the building. The people who have helped me have all been great.

Been to the new store 3 times now. Have yet to get a, "Can I help you?" or anything else for that matter. Guess I don't look like I have enough money to buy that Gatlin-gun. First time was right after Christmas and the place was a zoo, no biggie, I was just stopping by to kill time while Wifey played the present return game. The last 2 times have been week days before 5PM with less than 10 cars in the parking lot. Both times I had a powerful need to spend me some money. I was looking for an optic and various AR parts for a couple of builds that I am crawling through. I will not go into a store and beg you to sell me something, so I made a lap, noting the prices of several items I was looking for, passing by several employees more intent on BS-ing than helping me. I then went home and bought the items online.

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience at the shop. I only work on the weekend, most weekends but not all, and I will pass this on to the manager if that is ok with you.

Weekends it does get a little crazy, but it is reinforced to everyone that we greet customers and ask if they need any help. In most cases people may get annoyed that we ask too many times while they are browsing around.

culleydog45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    I was with my brother when he bought a Solo from them at the Gun show in Indy, they were very nice and helpful. I like how they treated him so well that when I got the money I drove from Lebanon all the way to there store Mishawaka ( 3 hour drive) just to buy my Solo. Again they were great, was asked if they could help me as soon as I got there. Was quick and easy.

Top Bottom