• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 762Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    I've had two good experiences with them, and the third not so great. I didn't care for how I was treated by the heavyset guy at the range who I assume is the boss. I might still go again in the future due to not many places having MG rentals, but that one guy in particular left a bad impression with me. The other employees aside from that one guy, offered help, were polite and friendly.

RedCell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Mishawaka, IN
    Anybody ever buy anything from Granger Guns? The guy has a pretty decent stock, especially long guns but he didn't seem to know much about what he was selling. Either that or he didn't like me.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I wasn't directing that at you, sorry if you took it that way. There were a couple guys on here that used to complain they couldn't get waited on when they went in there.. My experience has always been about like yours.

I didnt take it that way. I took it as a friendly tip, no need to appologize. :)

crawfish

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    south indy
    I hate the way they try to group us together like sheep and maybe u want a price match or a peice of metal i dont try to cause problems i want to see two maybe three peices and then buy i like to see purchase metal before buy and i had guy make me feel like i was bothering him we waited and finally i was like what the f..... any help here he said be there in a min and meand wife lef srry but im human and lke choices and to handle guns we no longer stop in and i would rather order on line and pay ffl and delivery and just pass unwanted gun on to another friend good luck

GlockRiver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    The Zone
    TJ and the guys at MG&R in Elkhart are very friendly and knowledgeable. The Mishawaka store could learn some customer service tips from them. :twocents:

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    TJ and the guys at MG&R in Elkhart are very friendly and knowledgeable. The Mishawaka store could learn some customer service tips from them. :twocents:
    Really depends on who you deal with at either store and your opinion of who you care to deal with. I personaly can only stand about one person at the elkhart store.
    I have had good experiences at Mishawaka with Tim, Cameron, Chris Berni and others, however I could list atleast as many names of people that I don't care to deal with at all there.

GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    I work at Midwest guys and I understand some of the complaints about customer service. Sorry for the inconvenience. We are very busy nearly all the time and and soon as I am done helping one customer I will scan for the first person I see that needs help. Its almost impossible to keep track of who came in at what time and how long they have been waiting. Just be assertive and as soon as you see someone who looks free, give them a shout. Saturdays and Sundays are extremely busy for us, if you have been in during those times and left due to not getting help, maybe consider hitting us up during the week if you can. See you around. : )

GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    One of the guys told me that they quickly learn the faces of those that are in there every week looking around but never buy anything.

There is some truth to this. There are a few people that come in at certain times and browse the store and never buy anything. Not to say that they might not buy something in the future. If I know I have a regular browser interacting with me and there are other customers around I'll prioritize on the other customers. As you can imagine, for business sake, we are sales focused.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    There is some truth to this. There are a few people that come in at certain times and browse the store and never buy anything. Not to say that they might not buy something in the future. If I know I have a regular browser interacting with me and there are other customers around I'll prioritize on the other customers. As you can imagine, for business sake, we are sales focused.

I can't see holding that against you guys. If you guys don't sell guns, there won't be anything for anyone to go and look at.

Gunpowder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Marshall County
    Was in there today to look at Varmit Rifles. I and my son are looking to get a budget setup for coyotes.

Surprisingly they didn't carry Savage or Stevens. They were semi busy and after about 20 minutes someone served me and They looked and confirmed what I already knew... didn't have any. After being pointed to their internet computers I selected a model I was curious of price and after 10 minuted someone approached me. I asked for their rifle guy and they apparently don't have one. A woman then helped me and looked up the gun for price... couldn't find it. Someone helped her and they said $500. When I said MSRP was less than that she said he was "estimating".
    MSRP was $415 so that is more than estimating so I walked out.

Wife was waiting in the car so after almost an hour I was hoping she was still there lol!

Last I checked Walmart was reasonable on Savage which is more than their Stevens budget rifles.

Robertson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Was in there today to look at Varmit Rifles. I and my son are looking to get a budget setup for coyotes.

Surprisingly they didn't carry Savage or Stevens. They were semi busy and after about 20 minutes someone served me and They looked and confirmed what I already knew... didn't have any. After being pointed to their internet computers I selected a model I was curious of price and after 10 minuted someone approached me. I asked for their rifle guy and they apparently don't have one. A woman then helped me and looked up the gun for price... couldn't find it. Someone helped her and they said $500. When I said MSRP was less than that she said he was "estimating".
    MSRP was $415 so that is more than estimating so I walked out.

Wife was waiting in the car so after almost an hour I was hoping she was still there lol!

Last I checked Walmart was reasonable on Savage which is more than their Stevens budget rifles.

I would like to apologize experience you had at MGE yesterday. Give me a call this week at MGE and I will get you a good price on the rifle you need. We do carry Savage rifles. Call and ask for me.

Dave Robertson
    MGE
    574-257-0020

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    +2 For the 2 salesmen that helped me this morning. I was looking for a IWB holster for a Beretta 92. I believe it was Dave and Andy that helped me. They looked, test fitted and looked some more. I went home with a nice Galco holster. Service was excellent!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    South Bend
    Love the place...from time to time, as with any job that most normal people work at, you will have a bad day, as I'm sure these guys do and unfortunately dealing with customers it can at times show. For the most part, the guys are great. I personally buy firearms around 4-6 times per year and the rest of the time, I will either browse or just pick up other things such as ammunition, MGE shirts (free advertisement for them) weapon accessories, or gear (such as the Blackhawk! S.T.R.I.K.E. Cyclone Hydration pack I picked up a few weeks ago, the Blackhawk! Shemagh I picked up a couple days ago along with another MGE shirt). Even if you're a browser like me, only buying a new gun once in a while, and still like to stop in and see what they have...just pick up something else small that you need...put something on layaway...at least that way you're showing them that they are getting some business out of you being in there. And no...I do not work for Midwest...just a loyal customer for the past few years.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I bought an XD there yesterday. They didnt have the ones advertised and expalianed to me that the sale price XD's only come with 1 mag and a box. They gave me an XD that had the Fancy carrying case, holster, 1 13 round mag, 1 16 round mag and a speedloader for the sale price. I didnt have to ask to get what I got, they offered. I realize the extras propably didnt cost much but its the thought that counts and they worked with me.

They were pretty busy when I was there. I'd say I looked around for maybe 10 minutes when a salesman (Chris) asked if I needed help. I thought that was good service considering how busy they were.

blaster2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have only had experience with them at the gun show. They have always seemed alright to me. I haven't had a problem getting their attention. They seem to have some really good prices on used stuff.

Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Was in the Grape Rd superstore yesterday, ALOT of people in there, but the service was prompt and very nice, a box of 10mm $31. Bought a Sig Mosq. in there a while back kinda high in price but if you have that much overhead prices are gunna be a little high. Bought more than a few from the Range store in Elkhart, always a fun trip to the range. All in all a good store.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Have bought guns number 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 their. Usually their prices are a bit high, especially on non-bulk ammo and leather holsters. I've gotten several of my guns their when the manufacturer was having a sale.

mmartinsbin

Plinker
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Granger, IN
    I've done business with them buying new and traiding in used, but last year I tried to do a private party FFL transfer through them and the seller got so frustrated that he canceled the sale and refunded my money.

I lost out on the rifle and MGE lost my business. Better to say that they can't do something rather then say that they can and don't.

It is ashame when stores get bad reputations becasue of lazy employees

manygunsmike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Cedar Lake Indiana
    I only deal with Brian at the 1500 , The new store sux in my opinion! I have had the same experience standing there forever to look a few used guns in the case only to have the salesman walk away and go talk to someone else who was looking at a expensive shotgun or something...? I have had more then a few positive deals from purchases at the old store , I dont know what happened?

manygunsmike

Top Bottom