Merry Christmas! You killed your step-daughter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Relax and take a step back - at no point did he say you said exactly that. He did say that is how he understood what was said. If he misunderstood - don't get your panties in a bunch - correct him/set him straight.

There's two ways to handle being misunderstood:
    1. Get upset/pissed/angry/defensive.
    2. Simply clarify/elaborate and help the other party to understand if they're willing.

You said it - others will have to interpret it. We're not all the same - we don't see the world the same and we do not have the same experiences - others will certainly have different perspectives and will likely interpret what was said differently especially if the message is vague/ambiguous/unclear.

I myself did understand a few posts as saying that some stepkids deserve to be shot just for the sake that they're stepkids. Now I also am fairly certain that isn't exactly what was meant but it is what was in the post without 'reading between the lines' [i.e. speculating as to what was actually intended.]
    Then you totally misunderstood the post! When the person that said that maybe some step kids deserved being shot, it was in the context of, there ARE some people in this world that deserve it, and SOME happen to be someone's step kid.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    It would definitely would saved some lives of step kids, but that isn't important is it. Blast away at shadows.
    Again, in that ONE case, YES. The conversation at the time was about intruders breaking in to your home. Someone said something to the effect that you shouldn't shoot someone UNTIL you KNEW their intentions. Someone else said "turn on a light", as if that would enlighten you to the intruders intentions.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Again, in that ONE case, YES. The conversation at the time was about intruders breaking in to your home. Someone said something to the effect that you shouldn't shoot someone UNTIL you KNEW their intentions. Someone else said "turn on a light", as if that would enlighten you to the intruders intentions.

It would also enlighten you to the fact you are about to kill your step kid.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The problem is that this will get a huge amount of publicity (negative).

But buried in the article is this tidbit:
    Earlier this year, a Colorado Springs apartment manager was cleared of wrongdoing after shooting two of three men who broke into the St. Vrain Apartments on east St. Vrain Street - a decision that raised few eyebrows under the circumstances.

Should I go there? ... yeah.

It's a good shoot. It has to be because the shooter was is a veteran and on INGO I keep hearing that veteran are the ones who decide when and where we should carry. And veterans should carry their AR15 to McDs and no one should care. And veterans...

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    The problem is that this will get a huge amount of publicity (negative).

But buried in the article is this tidbit:

Should I go there? ... yeah.

It's a good shoot. It has to be because the shooter was is a veteran and on INGO I keep hearing that veteran are the ones who decide when and where we should carry. And veterans should carry their AR15 to McDs and no one should care. And veterans...

top the domestic terrorist list!

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Copy:

I myself did understand a few posts as saying that some stepkids deserve to be shot just for the sake that they're stepkids.

You didn't understand (for whatever reason).
    I never said they should be shot for being stepkids, said that it might be better (for society) if some stepkids were popped.
    Same can be said for non step kids.

BTW, Treyvon's parents weren't married............. ;)
    In that case I'd have generalized it a bit more and said something along the lines of, 'It might be better for society if some of the troublemakers were popped'.

What you said implied that they were troublemakers due to the sake of being a stepkid and not simply due to the fact that they were troublemakers.

Either way it's a bit of a reach but I understand what you were getting at with your clarification post.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    If hed have been CC, he wouldnt have been able to draw fast enough, and she would have had time to identify herself. Then again, if he would have been OC, she would have dropped to the ground, put her hands above her head, and this all would have ended better.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    If hed have been CC, he wouldnt have been able to draw fast enough, and she would have had time to identify herself. Then again, if he would have been OC, she would have dropped to the ground, put her hands above her head, and this all would have ended better.

haha I love it.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Clever Mr. Danielocean. :laugh::laugh:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm thinking today's kids have been challenging everything they thought they could get away since the invention of today's kids. Me thinks Shakespeare wasn't the first person to dream up kids sneaking around against their parents wishes.

Nah, it's only today's youts who would do things like that. Every adult alive were angels when they were kids.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Me too. I wondered how well that alarm system must be working for them, if it was defeated by a 14 year old girl...

Im starting to wonder if she WASNT trying to get out...

Top Bottom