• Poll closed .

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    This was an Idea that I had. Its not something Im gonna do at all unless people think its a good idea, which, clearly the masses of INGOers think it is not. Good for them, or else Reynolds might go out of business.

A poll of 34-49 isn't exactly an overwhelming majority or "the masses" of INGO. If it's something you are doing, just do it and see who wants to join. Where would this map be housed?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I wouldn't care for any such map. And if there was one, I wouldn't look to see where my fellow INGO'ers live.

Not a fan at all.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    zukikrawlers?? I would say that if members wanted their town/city of residence known they wouldn't put cutesy stuff like; "Somewhere on a warm beach, tropical drink in hand, a couple of wahinis to keep me company", or "U.S. of Ingo" etc in their location tab.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Que,
    Im gonna give the poll its time to get an idea of the pulse of Ingo in this matter.

After seeing how many people on this site are clearly clueless when it comes to their supposed security, I just wanted to make it clear, this is not an official INGO thing. Its just an Idea I had, and if I did it, it would be voluntary.

Now I wonder, if I did it, would it not be worthless anyway, from all the people putting down fake cities to try and throw off "the man"

Just trying to put a clear map together, so you could hover over your city, and see what members are near you. I never asked for your SSN or your mothers maiden name. lord...

But I guess asking if you wanted to identify your city is just 425 slippery steps away from me forming the 4th reich, and lining you all up against the wall...

Last edited:

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    evilmappackbox2.jpg

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Que,
    Im gonna give the poll its time to get an idea of the pulse of Ingo in this matter.

After seeing how many people on this site are clearly clueless when it comes to their supposed security, I just wanted to make it clear, this is not an official INGO thing. Its just an Idea I had, and if I did it, it would be voluntary.

Now I wonder, if I did it, would it not be worthless anyway, from all the people putting down fake cities to try and throw off "the man"

Just trying to put a clear map together, so you could hover over your city, and see what members are near you. I never asked for your SSN or your mothers maiden name. lord...

But I guess asking if you wanted to identify your city is just 425 slippery steps away from me forming the 4th reich, and lining you all up against the wall...

So you admit it!!!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Que,

Maybe some people just dont see a need for it.It's not so much about security especially if it just shows the name of the city (and not the name of the street, picture of the house, number of guard dogs and alarm codes).
    I see threads where people are looking for INGO members who live nearby.
    Asking like "Anyone around Kokomo want to go shooting/have coffee/help me with a project? ... etc".
    They usually get positive answers pretty fast from people who live in the area, so I'm not sure a map option is actually needed to find other members.
    Same if you want to have a "Eat and meet" in your city.You would get more responses by making a thread about it instead of contacting one by one every member who live around your city.
    Plus if you just list the city it would not help much to have a map that list 2883 people living in Indianapolis without further details.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I see threads where people are looking for INGO members who live nearby.
    Asking like "Anyone around Kokomo want to go shooting/have coffee/help me with a project? ... etc".
    Yeah, but this way you could get a much cooler random PM... "I like your gun. I know where you live. See you at six."

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Hey, dont get me wrong, If people think its a bad Idea, thats fine. I dont care either way. But saying its about security makes me wonder... Most of you can do a search of your username, pull up all of your posts, and if you spend enough time, you will be able to find a post where youve stated the city you live in, either directly or indirectly. So its not like anyone whos a member here couldnt figure out your town anyway..

Im a big boy, and Im fine with an idea I have not being popular, I just prefer if people would either use sanity when stating the reason they dont like it, or not give a reason at all.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Hey, dont get me wrong, If people think its a bad Idea, thats fine. I dont care either way. But saying its about security is makes me think that some of you must not think too much... Most of you can do a search of your username, pull up all of your posts, and if you spend enough time, you will be able to find a post where youve stated the city you live in, either directly or indirectly. So its not like anyone whos a member here couldnt figure out your town anyway..

I, a big boy, and Im fine with an idea I have not being popular, I just prefer if people would either use sanity when stating the reason they dont like it, or not give a reason at all.

I gave you some reasons not based on security concerns. :dunno:

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Danielson... you don't work for the NSA do you???? :) just kidding... I did vote no, but really I don't care. There are just a bunch of conspiracy theories on this sight that I don't care to give them the tools to look people up. :shady:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom