No. Seriously. Who?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I watched the first Gulf War in HS school, as my pop was deployed there from Ft Rucker. Bernard Shaw and Wolf Blitzer - CNN was excellent at providing information to worried military families. I think that event earned them their stripes that let them endue for so long.

My dads brother (my uncle) was there. He was special forces so we never really knew what he was into anyways but we
    still watched. I was in middle school

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    But who is doing that?
    Oh IDK. Maybe INGO's self appointed "news director" comes to mind from time to time. Alot of it's truly legit but some IMO is critical filler just to be critical. I'm not looking to start a flame war here because butts seemed to get hurt easily anymore but you asked. And for the record I don't dig when the MSM does it constantly either.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My dads brother (my uncle) was there. He was special forces so we never really knew what he was into anyways but we
    still watched. I was in middle school

The day Desert Shield became Desert Storm, I was walking through the PX with my mother and sister. For anybody that's been there, it's more like a mall that simply a one store PX. As we we're walking out of the PX, there I can smell smoke, and wondered if something was burning. As we turned the corner, there were a bunch of soldiers smoking with not so good looks on their faces, all crowded around the TVs watching the fireworks. Given the that Rucker is home to Army Aviation, and huge role it played in that role, most of the households were single parent. My dad had started his career with a war, did crap parallel duty in Korea, and was just when he was about to retire back home in Alabama, he ended his career with one more.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh IDK. Maybe INGO's self appointed "news director" comes to mind from time to time. Alot of it's truly legit but some IMO is critical filler just to be critical. I'm not looking to start a flame war here because butts seemed to get hurt easily anymore but you asked. And for the record I don't dig when the MSM does it constantly either.

Oh, I know who you guys meant. I don't agree that he fits the criteria.

I like that many posters on INGO like to post current news links. GPIA isn't the only one. I often learn of breaking news on INGO because of it, and he is one the most prolific. If you don't like the stories he posts, you don't have to follow the links.

I think part of the problem is that people imagine motives that aren't there. OMG! He's being critical of Trump! That must make him a Hlilary/Obama lover! :runaway:

Nonsense. He's posted stories that are both critical and favorable to Trump. Given that he's skeptical of Trump, it's not surprising that he might tend to post more links critical of Trump than favorable. Why is that even a big deal? So what?

Not directing this at you, specifically, but people need to quit thinking everyone else must conform to their thinking. Again, if GPIA's news links offend any of you, INGO has a built in safe space for you. Just click "ignore" and you (rhetorically "you") can be oblivious that someone has the audacity to disagree with you.

I mean jeez. You guys call him "obama lover" for cryin' out loud! That has to be about the lowest insult you could hurl at a gun owner. And in case you're wondering, I'd stick up for any of you if I felt you were being dogpiled unfairly.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Of all the social media it'seems the only one I care for.

It's also the only one I use.

I don't facebook. I don't instagram. I don't snapchat. I don't even tweet. But I have a twitter account and I follow the typical news makers and reporters, and sports, and I find that useful.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I don't facebook. I don't instagram. I don't snapchat. I don't even tweet. But I have a twitter account and I follow the typical news makers and reporters, and sports, and I find that useful.

I follow Orthodox, Purdue stuff. I admit I signed up solely to get Trump tweets though after 11/8.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The day Desert Shield became Desert Storm, I was walking through the PX with my mother and sister. For anybody that's been there, it's more like a mall that simply a one store PX. As we we're walking out of the PX, there I can smell smoke, and wondered if something was burning. As we turned the corner, there were a bunch of soldiers smoking with not so good looks on their faces, all crowded around the TVs watching the fireworks. Given the that Rucker is home to Army Aviation, and huge role it played in that role, most of the households were single parent. My dad had started his career with a war, did crap parallel duty in Korea, and was just when he was about to retire back home in Alabama, he ended his career with one more.
    i never served with people who didn't want to go to war honestly (once I got to my unit). We chose our MOS and volunteered several times and went through hell on earth so we'd be the first ones in war against our nations enemies. We weren't mental we just were the trained killers the military needed us to be and working out and fighting each other only are fun for so long. However since I joined pre-9/11 (there was still active combat zones pre-9/11), many of the people who I went to basic with were in it just for the free college. Your comment reminded me of them and the same look they must have had on their faces when they found out it was time to earn that check they'd been cashing (direct depositing) lol.
    your dad sounds like someone I would have great respect for.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Oh, I know who you guys meant. I don't agree that he fits the criteria.

I like that many posters on INGO like to post current news links. GPIA isn't the only one. I often learn of breaking news on INGO because of it, and he is one the most prolific. If you don't like the stories he posts, you don't have to follow the links.

I think part of the problem is that people imagine motives that aren't there. OMG! He's being critical of Trump! That must make him a Hlilary/Obama lover! :runaway:

Nonsense. He's posted stories that are both critical and favorable to Trump. Given that he's skeptical of Trump, it's not surprising that he might tend to post more links critical of Trump than favorable. Why is that even a big deal? So what?

Not directing this at you, specifically, but people need to quit thinking everyone else must conform to their thinking. Again, if GPIA's news links offend any of you, INGO has a built in safe space for you. Just click "ignore" and you (rhetorically "you") can be oblivious that someone has the audacity to disagree with you.

I mean jeez. You guys call him "obama lover" for cryin' out loud! That has to be about the lowest insult you could hurl at a gun owner. And in case you're wondering, I'd stick up for any of you if I felt you were being dogpiled unfairly.

Like many on INGO, I don't use ignore. It seems kind of chicken****

But in case I ever do, how long after we ignore him should we wait to give him a chance to publicly post he was wrong, after which we will deign to take him off ignore lolz. Inquiring minds want to know?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... how long after we ignore him should we wait to give him a chance to publicly post he was wrong, after which we will deign to take him off ignore lolz. Inquiring minds want to know?
    gif-of-lisa-kudrow-laughing-gif.gif

When was the last time you seen anyone posting in the politics section post that they were wrong?

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Like many on INGO, I don't use ignore. It seems kind of chicken****

But in case I ever do, how long after we ignore him should we wait to give him a chance to publicly post he was wrong, after which we will deign to take him off ignore lolz. Inquiring minds want to know?

Seventy times seven...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    gif-of-lisa-kudrow-laughing-gif.gif

When was the last time you seen anyone posting in the politics section post that they were wrong?

Those of us sanctioned by Adam for perceived misbehavior were given a chance to post in a thread that we were wrong to support Trump and we would be redeemed. I ... declined. Less than a week later Trump won it all. No word escaped the anechoic chamber from those that were ... actually wrong

Top Bottom