• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have been wondering. What ever happened to the allegations about Gaetz banging that teenager. Him and some other guy. Then they paid her to go with them to the Bahamas.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I have been wondering. What ever happened to the allegations about Gaetz banging that teenager. Him and some other guy. Then they paid her to go with them to the Bahamas.
    I mean lets be honest there are politicians right now with tangible evidence (not just accusations) walking around free for things that a peasant would be spending potentially life in prison.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    They'll vote on term limits. It will be a voice vote with no record of who voted which way, and it will fail.
    Of course, a majority will not vote to limit themselves. If they truly believed in term limits, they would step down of their own volition without it having to be voted on. The longer one seeks to remain are the ones most likely that need to step down, but they selfishly will not for a whole multitude of reasons. They become intoxicated by the prestige and seek monetary profit for self-aggrandizement. They ultimately serve themselves to feed their earthly desires and not that of the people.

Some such as Nanny Pelosi literally become intoxicated while on the job. She is one of the most egregious examples.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    She just did what Trump told her to do.

Such a confusing time.

:):
    It’s just the difference of having a model of reality and just having a side.

When you have a model, right or wrong it’s consistent. If you have a side, and it’s not consistent, you just reify the inconsistency into a consistency from thin air. Like inserting some ingenious master plan as an explanation so that the apparent inconsistency is resolved, but without evidence that there even is a plan.

At least there is evidence for a plan to force the speaker to make concessions. Is it Trump’s master plan? Depends if you ask someone with a model or a side.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It’s just the difference of having a model of reality and just having a side.

When you have a model, right or wrong it’s consistent. If you have a side, and it’s not consistent, you just reify the inconsistency into a consistency from thin air. Like inserting some ingenious master plan as an explanation so that the apparent inconsistency is resolved, but without evidence that there even is a plan.

At least there is evidence for a plan to force the speaker to make concessions. Is it Trump’s master plan? Depends if you ask someone with a model or a side.
    Are not the folks who jump at the chance to believe absence of evidence is indeed evidence of absence, whether in the matter of advance planning or election fraud or number of Ds in the chess game etc, also taking a side rather than making a model - unless, of course, you believe the parameters of a valid model always point one way and never need to be adjusted to reflect the disparity between 'reality' and 'your reality'

Isn't it possible that there is just a bit of disconnect between the belief Trump is a narcissistic idiot obsessed with his own ego and the fact that he beat all comers, ascended to the highest office in the land and then did one of the best jobs of any president in recent memory while there against massive resistance?

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30

Tweet​

See new Tweets

Conversation​

Leader McConnell
    @LeaderMcConnell

Congratulations to Speaker McCarthy and the Republican House majority. Senate Republicans look forward to working together to check and balance Washington Democrats, bring oversight to this reckless Administration, fight the far left’s radical policies, and defend America.

:ugh:Is this the definition of gaslighting?

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I politely introduced myself to Rep. John Rose (R. Tenn. 6th) via email today. I voiced my disappointment in his support for Rep. McCarthy and asked at what point did he think his constituents, given Tennessee's voting record, would approve of his voting record this week.
    IMHO, McCarthy is a California democrat with an "R" beside his name. Look at his behavior and voting record and convince me differently.
    I have no misconceptions of McCarthy, but ironically, I now question the decision making of my representative.
    Like you, my new Representative ( I was moved to a new district this year) has made a very poor showing relative to my expectations for my representation.

Right from the first vote he toed the party line and voted for McCarthy. Not a good first impression.

I did offer to have a sit down with him, but I have zero expectation it will be accepted.

Top Bottom