May 26, 2018
    North Central

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I wonder if, now that Democrats can’t use the power of the gavel to coerce votes, if we’ll see more voting sane. But let’s not get carried a way. They’re still dems and they still likes their big G.
    If you remember the last time republicans had control, they didn't do anything they said they would.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If you remember the last time republicans had control, they didn't do anything they said they would.
    I’m not saying the GOP will perform any better this time. But this time the freedom caucus has the speaker’s balls in a vice in a way that the Tea Party back in the day, didn’t. So if they don’t, then the GOP deserves to die.

And I’m not going to expect much in the way of sane laws getting passed in the Senate and signed by the POTUS. The GOP only has the house. But I don’t expect any insane bills being passed in the house. I do expect the House to do everything in its power to work towards America First policies. Everything the House does must be AF. And I don’t mean in a Dan Crenshaw fake AF sort of way.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Matt Gaetz breaks down how the game works in the House.

Oops. I forgot to post the link:

We’ll see if the nut-vise works. They’ve made a lot of promises. It looks like a workable strategy. I’m not optimistic because it’s such a rigged game. The Freedom Caucus has 53 of 222 Republicans and 435 House members total. It’s a razor thin margin between R’s and D’s. Not to mention some R’s are actually D’s in a phallic sense. And both R’s and D’s gain from systemic as it is.

Last edited:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I’m not saying the GOP will perform any better this time. But this time the freedom caucus has the speaker’s balls in a vice in a way that the Tea Party back in the day, didn’t. So if they don’t, then the GOP deserves to die.

And I’m not going to expect much in the way of sane laws getting passed in the Senate and signed by the POTUS. The GOP only has the house. But I don’t expect any insane bills being passed in the house. I do expect the House to do everything in its power to work towards America First policies. Everything the House does must be AF. And I don’t mean in a Dan Crenshaw fake AF sort of way.
    Next up is the debt ceiling… concessions needed to approve bumping it, hopefully undoing part of the crappy omnibus during the lame duck of the last congress.

Or McCarthy can try to pass it with just RINOs and Dems and risk a short stay at the podium.

First real test.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Next up is the debt ceiling… concessions needed to approve bumping it, hopefully undoing part of the crappy omnibus during the lame duck of the last congress.

Or McCarthy can try to pass it with just RINOs and Dems and risk a short stay at the podium.

First real test.
    Yep. I hope the GOP can navigate the rough waters that will surely come better than the last time the government shut down because the Tea Party said no. Barak Obama owned the narrative against the GOP with the help of media.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There's not much the House can do alone. They have subpoena power, but these committees can do is investigate, hold hearings, and ask questions. Without a media primarily interested in reporting all the news, it's a hard thing.

Oh. One more thing it can do. Draw up articles of impeachment. I doubt they have the votes for that though.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

This better get done.

Swalwell was a major vector of US classified intel ending up in the CCP's databases.
    If it was up to me, he'd be heading to a black site to find out just how much he compromised our national security.

Then onto questioning McConnell, because I have a strong feeling he's in bed with the CCP as well.

Top Bottom