• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Kirk, Have you told Armedindy about the 870 at shootrite?

No, but I need to, right after I tell him what's wrong with kids today, their clothes and then their music. When I was your age, this was all orchard and we didn't point guns at our gun, and we liked it.

Keep your finger off the trigger, don't break any safety rules (James Yeager)

Problem is that guns do go off in holsters without fingers. The holster itself, the dingleberries, the jacket, spent casing, inter alia all have caused discharges.

Note all the high speed flippy tactical appendix carry videos. They are never seated.

What do you do A LOT of? Right, sitting--driving the car, at the the restaurant, in the park with your best girl, etc.

Not that its wrong, just that there are problems that the Charge of the 300 is not telling you because they need to make a market niche and want to do what is the latest and cool not the old and busted crap, like be concerned with safety. Be advised . . . and all that.

kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    Sellersburg
    i think there is a difference when the gun is in a proper holster vs when you are actually handling it and influencing its direction

in your holster, it wont accidentally go off
    in your hand...it wont accidentally go off either....it will go off with negligence

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    in your holster, it wont accidentally go off

It can.

"How's that, Kirk?" Gee, glad you asked.:D

Now, look at the photo and just think if this was a Steve Malloy/Sparrow/Appendix Carry.

glock_01.jpg

Gun Accidentally Discharges (8 pics)

Many more guns have discharged in holsters causing serious bodily injury and death.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Guns are dangerous, more important, putting ammo in them is dangerous. If you never load them, you have nothing to worry about. Better yet, just stay away from guns altogether.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Kirk, Let's not pretend that guns are just going off left and right in holsters. If you are going to post a picture of the seat you should also post a pic of the holster that it was in.

5547242760_c73a55d78a.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If you are going to post a picture of the seat you should also post a pic of the holster that it was in.

I did. All eight photos are available at the link I provided.

I can provide additional incidents as well if you so request, even ones causing death.

GLOCK Accidental Discharge?

Guns are dangerous, more important, putting ammo in them is dangerous. If you never load them, you have nothing to worry about. Better yet, just stay away from guns altogether.

Seems to me that people should be warned of the cons as well as the pros.

Not to rain on the hip and cool of the new hotness of current trends but people should know the downsides and what the videos are not showing.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    i saw alot of stuff referencing extraneous objects pushing the trigger....soooo, negligent discharge...not accidental

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I did. All eight photos are available at the link I provided.

I can provide additional incidents as well if you so request, even ones causing death.

GLOCK Accidental Discharge?

Seems to me that people should be warned of the cons as well as the pros.

Not to rain on the hip and cool hotness of current trends but people should know the downsides and what the videos are not showing.

So what do you recommend?

No recliners? Never go to the second floor? Don't bend over?

I find it hard to believe any person could go through a single day without a holstered muzzle sweeping SOMETHING they would prefer not to shoot.

So, what is the fix?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

I find it hard to believe any person could go through a single day without a holstered muzzle sweeping SOMETHING they would prefer not to shoot.

So, what is the fix?

Unloaded gun in the safe and learn empty-hand combat? :dunno:

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011

So, what is the fix?

maybe you could always have the gun in your hand and make sure youre always aiming it at **** u dont care about.....:dunno:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    The only "accidental" discharges are from gun malfunctions. The infamous "shootrite" incident (although I'm sure most people are more familiar with Kirk referencing it than the actual incident), was a GUN MALFUNCTION that resulted in discharge. Iirc a Remington 870 slam fired while chambering.

There are no "accidents" where the trigger is pulled. Whether its a finger, a worn out holster, or the little elastic keeper on the bottom of a jacket, if the trigger is pressed causing a round to be fired unintentionally, there is negligence.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Kirk, I don't see many instances where guns are just firing with no cause. (we know about your 870) Every single one of these holster discharges I have read about involved something pulling the trigger on the gun.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yes, but if we plan for the weapon discharging in the holster then we can take countermeasures, like refrain from carrying where the muzzle is pointed at our junk or thigs.

Remember we all look bad if people get hurt.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Kirk, I don't see many instances where guns are just firing with no cause. (we know about your 870) Every single one of these holster discharges I have read about involved something pulling the trigger on the gun.

Then you must be new to INGO cause I post them up.:D

Gun CAN go bang without triggers being pulled. To deny the obvious is to risk our collective safety and right to carry.

Revovler in pocket (where else) in Florida discharges into leg because of bowling ball.

Man accidentally shoots self while bowling, police say | Palm Beach County News - WPBF Home

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom