• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Supposedly they had body armor. If true, a handgun carrier would likely do more psychologically rather than physically. Certainly it's better than not having a gun.

How many times in past shootings have they been reported to have had body armor, but it was just a chest rig or nothing at all. Media likes to throw "body armor " around when someone has anything that looks like a vest.....

I havent been following this thread as closely as I should, has body armor been confirmed?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    [h=1]igorvolsky[/h]Chris Murphy
    T becket Adams
    Tim Heidecker

Are your media?
    Come on now.

The media he is quoting is "Twitchy.com", not those "Think Progress" fools. Pretty much all twitchy.com has to do is collect their tweets to show what they really are about. I think of it as expanding Think Progress' audience.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Understood, just saying that it would limit the effectiveness of a handgun. If you don't realize they have the armor before you engage how long would you be alive to adjust your fire?

I've never BTDT, but I wouldn't think taking a round in a Kevlar vest would make one immune from the energy transfer into their body - may not incapacitate, but it WILL hurt like a sum*****.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    At least the Muslim community in Los Angeles (Fox News) appears to be getting out as far in front of this situation as possible with a denunciation of the crimes. That's positive.

Looks as if CAIR is attempting to distance themselves from this. They have the terrorist's brother (or BIL) at the press confrence, but he isn't answering questions.
    Telling...

I saw the CAIR news conference and thought it was well handled. They did what certain parts of 'Murica and INGO demanded. Unlikely it will placate those types, though.

And the BIL is why amateurs should not do news conferences. There is a particular set of skills necessary to do it well. He was genuine and honest, but was in WAY over his head. The executive director guy who bailed him out was better.

On an unrelated note, I had a chance to listen to the scanner last night for awhile. A couple officers referred to "longbeards" driving by. Now, I know what a long beard is and I know what a longbeard is in the classic sense, but it sounded strange for 2 officers to refer to people like that on a day like that. Is that slang for something else nowadays among all the cool kids?

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Understood, just saying that it would limit the effectiveness of a handgun. If you don't realize they have the armor before you engage how long would you be alive to adjust your fire?

not saying it would be easy or to be stupid about it, but with someone inexperienced with a rifle you probably could delay them with the first couple of hits, then get a good one in

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    How many times in past shootings have they been reported to have had body armor, but it was just a chest rig or nothing at all. Media likes to throw "body armor " around when someone has anything that looks like a vest.....

I havent been following this thread as closely as I should, has body armor been confirmed?

I was wondering that too, all the police said last night was tactical style clothing, which I'm thinking just meant it was black.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville

Hence "supposedly" and "if true".

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Go pro cameras, Middle East travel, body armor, pipe bombs of some type, firearms, derka derka names, Christmas party attacked, devout Muslim, man AND woman. I think it's a pretty safe bet to call this Islamic terrorism and I don't care what the left administrations spin on it will be. The Islamic terrorists are here and they are serious. BE READY TO KILL THEM BEFORE THEY KILL YOU AND YOURS!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    A couple officers referred to "longbeards" driving by. Now, I know what a long beard is and I know what a longbeard is in the classic sense, but it sounded strange for 2 officers to refer to people like that on a day like that. Is that slang for something else nowadays among all the cool kids?

Yeah. They drive by my house all the time too. Makes me nervous as hell...

buggyfront.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Odd are, they're radicalized Muslims. Title should read, "Fanatical Religious Terrorists Target Christmas Party"
    Playing the odds and all.

Kut (waits for the backlash.....)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This administration and the media has allowed their type to thrive! Your not allowed to profile or call a spade a spade anymore or your racist or intolerant unless your speaking bad about a Christian or a Jew. Muslims off limits though.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This administration and the media has allowed their type to thrive! Your not allowed to profile or call a spade a spade anymore or your racist or intolerant unless your speaking bad about a Christian or a Jew. Muslims off limits though.

Yes, yes, the world is set against islamiphobes. Everyone is out to get you. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom