• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    It doesn't matter what our enemy does. (for the purpose of this discussion)

What matters is what we do.

I'm not a big fan of relative moralism.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Google "Taliban beheading" or "Taliban execution" and look at some of the pictures and watch the videos and see what happens to the bodies after the head is removed and the screaming stops. You'll see what real desecration looks like.

I'm not defending the Marines actions. I am outraged by the dishonor heaped upon my Marine Corps. But the idea that our enemy has clean hands is not supported by any facts.

How the "Taliban" treat the dead also varies by which tribe the Taliban has co-opted to fight for them.

Some are a lot more superstious than others.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Let me see if I can word this so you can understand me...
    It is one thing to toss Death Cards out, pissing on a Corpse takes it to another ****ing level. By all means fight the enemy with Ferocity. But don't do something that would **** off your family. Revenge Motivation is one of their largest pulls to the Talib lines. They understand Ferocity and Brutality, Desecration of a Dead Fighter is something even they do not do...

Really, hate to tell you the Corps has changed a LOT since your time...
    Ask me how I know.

Stupid, stupid?!
    Really,
    I come from a Military Family we cover ALL the Branches of the Military all 4 of them! I would also venture to say I am not the Boy Scout that you think I am either. I would Venture a Wager I probably have more time in Combat than you have on Active Duty. I have done my turns in the Suck, Papa...

Whom is the ignorant **** know?!
    Know your audience before you jump to assumptions.... :popcorn:
    Stupid was directed at these Marines.
    My apologies IF you took it differently. I will not call names on a forum.
    I would like to thank you for all your service to our country. I love the USA too. Military family here also.
    I think what these Marines did was wrong. It was very stupid. Caught on video? Moronic. The publicity will hang their arses out to dry.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    YOU, need to wake up, and smell the coffee, THAT is EXACTLY what THEY want to do to US.... Change us to Islam, or KILL US !!!!! We are after all Infidel .....

This is a pretty ignorant and uniformed post from someone who has drank the kool aid. I suggest you research our involvement in middle eastern affairs quite a bit more. Knowledge is power after all. Be cool, stay in school.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    It doesn't matter what our enemy does. (for the purpose of this discussion)

What matters is what we do.

I'm not a big fan of relative moralism.

I'm not a fan of relative moralism at all. I've said what they did was dishonorable. But - I don't think it rises anywhere near the level of an attrocity, war crime, or desecration of a corpse. Those things are reserved for heinous acts, like draging corpses through streets, playing with severed heads, and the like.

This is a pretty ignorant and uniformed post from someone who has drank the kool aid. I suggest you research our involvement in middle eastern affairs quite a bit more. Knowledge is power after all. Be cool, stay in school.

Talk about ignorant and uninformed Koolaid drinker! **** our involvement in Middle Eastern affairs - study the tenents of Islam. This crap has been going on for 1,300 years. Stay in school indeed.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I'm not a fan of relative moralism at all. I've said what they did was dishonorable. But - I don't think it rises anywhere near the level of an attrocity, war crime, or desecration of a corpse. Those things are reserved for heinous acts, like draging corpses through streets, playing with severed heads, and the like.

Talk about ignorant and uninformed Koolaid drinker! **** our involvement in Middle Eastern affairs - study the tenents of Islam. This crap has been going on for 1,300 years. Stay in school indeed.

I agree. I don't think anyone needs to go to jail over it.

Do we know what happened to the Soldiers that posed with the dead like they were trophy animals? I'll try to look that up.

EDIT:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maywand_District_killings

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    So putting that into practice in Afghanistan we screwed up long ago. They destroyed our Twin Towers, they dropped a plane into the Pentagon and they destroyed a plane full of passengers in Pennsylvania. As a response we should have simply trashed their nation, destroyed their ability to attack, and left them living in rubble. Pissing on their faces is just icing on the cake of what they should have gotten.

Instead we broke their systems and decided to rebuild them. That was our mistake. We should have left them broken as an example for the next madmen. No rebuilding. They didn't come here to rebuild our buildings. We shouldn't rebuilt their nation.

We should f*** them up and leave them in the dust.

Actually if you want to be technical it kind of went down more like this:

We have been meddling around in the middle east for decades. We attempted to dispose one arab leader for another (assassinations) and financed various wars, sometimes pretending to be aiding one while also aiding the other in hopes of them killing each other.

Then recently we encouraged Kuwait (a part of Iraq according to an ottoman empire treaty that original divided the area) to slant drill into Iraq's oil reserves saying we would protect them then of course we know what happened after that...

THEN comes your timeline.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    I been twice, so I know. It's war, people make the choice and volunteer to serve. That's patriotic and couragous! If I or a friend of mine or sadly a relative was killed I would mourn their passing and celebrate the fact they were willing to defend America and what it stands for. These Marines are heroic for serving, no doubt. Their actions were dispicable and moronic. What justification leads to making one's self feel better by urinating on a dead body? None IMHO! If It had of been one of my guys, I would have butt stroked him in the freakin head! As an American, A soldier, and a human being, we are better than that! Serve with Honor or don't serve, period! They will be punished harshly and made an example of. That is one thing I am sure of. It is justly deserved! :patriot:

I am out of rep +1

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    On the contrary. When men find bodies of their own desecrated, their families slaughtered etc all it does is drive them to fight harder. Fighting a war to the fullest does not include acting like a child throwing a tantrum and making gestures that serve only to drive the enemy to further lengths to harm us.

We experienced a similar situation in the aftermath of the Battle of Mogadishu which you doubtless remember from 1993. They drug some of our fallen through the streets, parading about and glorying in killing our "invincible Rangers". Had politics not interfered our men were more than willing to burn the whole city down to avenge such an affront. That desecration would have resulted in a massacre of ancient proportions.

Kill them how you like: snipe them, bomb them, poison their wells and gun them down mercilessly. Desecrating the dead is a meaningless waste of time that only makes the situation worse and strengthens the enemy particularly since we are fighting a global guerrilla war.

Still out of rep +1

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Actually, religion - specifically the two religions mentioned - is just a convenient excuse to justify ancient racial hatreds among tribes and to provide a justification for tribal alliances of traditional enemies against an outsider - us. There are also other issues involved, but using religion as an excuse is convenient for "leaders" who could never get warring peoples to unite another way.

Yes I agree it is just a convenient excuse but I believe religion is the primary justification being used because it is so effective in getting people riled up... 2nd only to nationalism

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Pro it is totally unreasonable to frame your argument the way you did.

Sure there are 1.5 Billion of them. But only a TINY FRACTION of that number are zealots who need killing.

Nobody here is seriously and sincerely arguing genocide.

Yes, people here are, just a few posts after mine:
    YOU, need to wake up, and smell the coffee, THAT is EXACTLY what THEY want to do to US.... Change us to Islam, or KILL US !!!!! We are after all Infidel .....

The person I was referencing has made similar statements as well.

While you and I may realize the zealots are a small percentage, some people don't, including some people on INGO.

It was an extremely reasonable way to frame it. Dislike of blacks or Jews aren't the only forms of racism. I think I was very tempered in my response as well.

I find it highly offensive when people suggest entire races of human beings should be eliminated.
    Instead we broke their systems and decided to rebuild them. That was our mistake. We should have left them broken as an example for the next madmen. No rebuilding. They didn't come here to rebuild our buildings. We shouldn't rebuilt their nation.

We should f*** them up and leave them in the dust.

I agree, but the republicans and democrats have too much money to make off of waging war and nation building.

Oldbird13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Hamilton County,IN
    Islam and its intentions

Saw some photos that showed an Islamic parade in London..many carrying signs warning Europe, "your 911 is coming" and " The real holocaust is going to happen". These chickens had their faces all covered up hiding but their messages were quite disturbing. Interesting that NO re4porting of any of this happens in our press. If the day ever comes when these people(?) attempt something evil again, I hope the libs are first in line to receive whatever it is they have to deliver.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana

The tenants of "Islam" are no worse then the tenants of "Christianity". Do we really need a rehash of all the deaths and torture of people all in the name of "Christ". It makes Islam pretty tame in comparison.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Don't forget sports!

People have killed for their favorite sporting team before. I guess that's probably a form of Nationalism.

Loll, yes but usually to a lesser degree. Don't see too many long term wars started over it... but yes I think it is a form of Nationalism.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    The tenants of "Islam" are no worse then the tenants of "Christianity". Do we really need a rehash of all the deaths and torture of people all in the name of "Christ". It makes Islam pretty tame in comparison.

More lunatic blather. [STRIKE]Where in the world are Christians beheading people because they changed religions?[/STRIKE] Nevermind. Not worth the aggravation.

Top Bottom