• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    So that's just cause for a death sentence. Got it.
    Nobody said it was "just cause," but if you're proposing you would have acted differently in their shoes I'll call :bs:

A group of officers congregated, working on searching for a criminal who's already proven his willingness to kill innocents and publically displayed his intention to harm officers. A vehicle resembling one he was known to be driving CREEPS up to and by you in the DARK with the lights OFF, unanounced and ignoring verbal commands once noticed.....Yeah I can't say I would have acted MUCH differently, aside from being a bit more accurate in shot placement without an immediate threat being posed.

My point is, that it's incredibly easy to quarterback an action after the fact. It serves no purpose to begin with, but it is even further pointless and reactionary/irresponsible to do so with the only information coming from the media. :n00b:

I'm as discriminating of officer conduct as any man alive, trust me, but I also know there's enough NOT being reported to refrain from passing any reasonably informed judgements in this situation.

I particularly loved the reports of "officer performing home searches door to door." Well, if going door to door and asking residents if they've seen anything is "warrantless searches" then so be it.

Otherwise.. :tinfoil:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Nobody said it was "just cause," but if you're proposing you would have acted differently in their shoes I'll call :bs:

A group of officers congregated, working on searching for a criminal who's already proven his willingness to kill innocents and publically displayed his intention to harm officers. A vehicle resembling one he was known to be driving CREEPS up to and by you in the DARK with the lights OFF, unanounced and ignoring verbal commands once noticed.....Yeah I can't say I would have acted MUCH differently, aside from being a bit more accurate in shot placement without an immediate threat being posed.

My point is, that it's incredibly easy to quarterback an action after the fact. It serves no purpose to begin with, but it is even further pointless and reactionary/irresponsible to do so with the only information coming from the media. :n00b:

I'm as discriminating of officer conduct as any man alive, trust me, but I also know there's enough NOT being reported to refrain from passing any reasonably informed judgements in this situation.

I particularly loved the reports of "officer performing home searches door to door." Well, if going door to door and asking residents if they've seen anything is "warrantless searches" then so be it.

And the internal investigation by the department will undo the damage. Is LA in the United States or Iraq? So LE gets to gun down any suspicious vehicles now?

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    And the internal investigation by the department will undo the damage. Is LA in the United States or Iraq? So LE gets to gun down any suspicious vehicles now?
    Who's suggested such?

All I've said is that we don't know a LOT about what happened. The car tried sneaking up on/past officers while searching for a dangerous man in the dark and was unresponsive to verbal commands.

Should they have shot? :dunno: How would anyone know if they weren't there? Especially when we KNOW the media isn't telling the truth or at the very least leaving out a LOT if not MOST of the details of the situation. If they had to shoot, should they have tried to intentionally NOT shoot the occupants of the vehicle? YES. Are officers typically extraordinary pistol marksman even in the dark? NO.

Treyvon Martin situation ringing a bell? Condemn all of them regardless of evidence. We know what happened. The media told us so.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Wow. That is pretty low. I see you side with the tactics used by antis who want to publish such info on gun owners. :noway: -1 for supporting mob rule tactics.

There is a proper way to review what happened and deal out any discipline. This is not it.

I'm not for mob rule either, but after reading the manifesto... I'm not sure that the PROPER WAY to review what happened even exists?

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    They weren't shooting to kill the occupants because they couldn't positively ID them. They were shooting to stop the car's movement....

By shooting into the bed of the truck and through the back of the cab? I don't think so. If all shots were aimed at the tires or fired into the engine block them MAYBE!!! But that's not what we are seeing here.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    By shooting into the bed of the truck and through the back of the cab? I don't think so. If all shots were aimed at the tires or fired into the engine block them MAYBE!!! But that's not what we are seeing here.
    My initial thoughts too, but it just serves to show that we know just enough to realize we know NOTHING about what ACTUALLY happened.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I looked through the last few pages of this thread and didn't see this one linked yet:

Police seeking Dorner opened fire in a second case of mistaken identity - latimes.com

Dorner is a 250lb black guy...I can totally see how they could think this guy was him:

So an officer spoke with him face to face and a few seconds later he gets rammed and shot at? Because he clearly matched the description of "man+truck" obviously...

Un-****ing-believable.... Why isn't the news in an absolute uproar? Every officer involved in both these situations should be on attempted murder charges. Let them go through the process and get them lawyers to plead insanity for them.

Where in the hell is internal affairs?

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    My initial thoughts too, but it just serves to show that we know just enough to realize we know NOTHING about what ACTUALLY happened.
    I'd like to hear the reasoning to justify the use of legal force.... I can't fathom a situation that could justify this?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'd like to hear the reasoning to justify the use of legal force.... I can't fathom a situation that could justify this?

Just as there are those who will bash LEO at every opportunity, there are those who would refuse to say a LEO who was caught on video was wrong for shooting a sprawled out suspect who obviously wasn't resisting.

Lycurgus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2011
    :twocents:
    They could and should have just taken cover,reported the suspicious vehicle and awaited for back up to assist instead of going all gung ho:shoot::shoot:

IN BOTH CASES

WE GOT HIM!!!:biggun:

AHH DARN- GUESS NOT.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth

First this is not Iraq .....what you just stated is the same information giving in reports when troops fired on iraq civilian Victors(vehicle) that got to close to there convoys (patrols) Example: ( A vehicle resembling a to be known to be AIF (armed insurgent force) CREEPS up to Are victor in the DARK with the lights OFF, unanounced and ignoring verbal commands once noticed show we fired on victor to stop the threat......)sound right don't PC this those officers are clearly wrong your comment shock me as a fellow vet....:patriot:

Last edited:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    First this is not Iraq .....what you just stated is the same information giving in reports when troops fired on iraq civilian Victors(vehicle) that got to close to there convoys (patrols) Example: ( A vehicle resembling a to be known to be AIF (armed insurgent force) CREEPS up to Are victor in the DARK with the lights OFF, unanounced and ignoring verbal commands once noticed show we fired on victor to stop the threat......)sound right don't PC this those officer are clearly wrong your comment shock me as a fellow vet....:patriot:
    Not my concern. I know a lot of law enforcement in various levels around the country and have a good understanding of their mindset, training, protocols.

I just know there's two sides to every story and while I'm typically the FIRST to judge unjust acts in law enforcement, I know enough about THIS situation to know that I know nowhere NEAR enough (based on media) to judge what actually happened in this instance. Typically, I'd be right on the "burn em and hang em high" bandwagon with you.

It shocks me that fellow Americans, particularly vets and gun owners, are so quick to judge a situation based on media reporting when we all know how inaccurate, biased, and intentionally misleading they are.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    PS, I'm not speaking of anything to do with the Black vehicle incident. At the time I spoke with my friends I had no knowledge of that one and with only a few minutes to talk it didn't come up.

Top Bottom