• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    Who is telling you this though? It isn't me. It isn't my coworkers. It is the misinformed, left leaning lunatics who believe that guns are the problem. Some folks act as if the push for gun control starts with the police in this country and that is not the case. I posted a link a few weeks ago to a story where Obama asked LE to support him in his quest to disarm America and all of the comments (posted by LE officers) were basically telling him to get bent.

There are differences between a police officer using force and a citizens using force. They are relatively minor scope but they are there. I am a police officer. I support the right of the citizens of this country to own and carry firearms. I've been recommending carry to the citizens I serve long before it was cool or INGO existed. I'm tired of being made out to be the enemy.

Its not you ...i find your post well written and enjoy your view......the real problem is a lot of law abiding citizen do not trust or fear the police and the goverment and see the police as a tool as the goverment....and you take it personal at times....hell i get the same thing with my military/gov. back ground .... i hear this all the time (we just want to put people in fema camps and will patrol the streets and fire on innocent citizen)...again they see us as a tool of the goverment...and times i take it personal.....when its not its just there fear or view of a overreaching goverment.......

i have strong view on police forces not being militarized which they are more and more ...hell a lot more military are not trusting police forces because of this am sure the citizen are to seeing police looking like soldiers. again adds to the fear as the goverment using them as a tool against its people (police state) .....same old song .... just like if extreme gun conrol is passed the police will be the tool to enforce it .....if we keep heading down the road we are as a nation the mistrust and fear to the goverment will increase and to the police and military for we are the goverment enforcement tools in most citizen eyes..just my ....:twocents:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    In every organization (Emergency Personnel, Military, Church, Business, Government, Teams) there are good and bad people. I in no way can understand or condone the taking of a life without absolute necessity. I believe there is more to the story than we know with the police involved shootings in Cali. I am not condoning their actions just offering the thought that if my life had been threatened I would treat anything even slightly suspicious as potentially dangerous. Dorner has already ambushed three police officers. He is a deranged psychopath that is more dangerous than you can imagine as he has total buy in to what he is doing. He has justified this killing in his mind and will not stop until he is dead. I work in a relatively comfortable office with very little risk of injury. LEO faces danger all day every day. I simply can't judge what they have done until I know more. I thank our LEO for doing a job that most of us can/would not. I am on the younger side (not yet 30) and I know I have pushed my luck more than once and every time LEO has given me exactly what I needed. I have gotten more crap than I thought I deserved at the time but that punishment helped me become the man I am today. You don't have to approve of what has happened but until more information is available we should really all hold judgement against these officers.

You can't simply "judge" these officers actions yet they played judge, jury and executioner to 3 innocents. Toss these officers right to due process on the same scrap heap they tossed the due process of the 3 innocents on.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Homeland Security is on the job now

Department of Homeland Security officers search vehicles at the San Ysidro Port of Entry in San Diego on February 7 as they search for former LAPD officer Christopher Dorner.

:coffee:

Rogue ex-cop is heavily armed, trained and out there somewhere - CNN.com

130207195137-01-california-manhunt-0207-horizontal-gallery.jpg

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere

homer12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Fortunate for these two women, all these "cops" didn't train better and can't hit s***. I bet the suspect feels a little safer seeing this.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Fortunate for these two women, all these "cops" didn't train better and can't hit s***. I bet the suspect feels a little safer seeing this.
    They weren't shooting to kill the occupants because they couldn't positively ID them. They were shooting to stop the car's movement....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just reviewed this story as my wife had said one of these woman had died. I need to get my own info from now on and not react emotionally. I am correcting myself.
    Someone posted the LEO were trying to stop the truck not shoot to kill....from the shot placement I see in the story's it looks like shoot to kill. Apparently these guy's are fair enough shots.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    They weren't shooting to kill the occupants because they couldn't positively ID them. They were shooting to stop the car's movement....

Did you forget your purple? There are multiple gunshots through the back window. Unless the vehicles mechanics have been moved to the upper cab area of the vehicle.....

Top Bottom