Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Thanks I appreciate the support and advice.

I'm just stuck. Ive worked hard to get to my title and salary. If I were to die on this hill and lose my job, there's no way to find a place with similar pay that won't also be under the same guidelines.

On the survey I marked "not but plan to if required" I'm just trying to delay as much as possible in hopes the mandate gets struck down in court before they want to axe me over it.

It's just so incredibly frustrating.
    I understand. I'm facing losing a six figure income if I'm not granted an accommodation, but I cannot give any more. I've chosen this hill, because they're only going to get more difficult to defend. If I "hang separately", I'm willing to do so, because I cannot compromise on principles.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    "Choose not to tell (hr will follow up with you)"

Sounds like a requirement to me.
    Well if it was me, I'd let them follow up with me. I don't see the survey as a requirement.

Then again I have a questioning attitude.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I would choose the last option. I see Printcraft and your point. A response is required, mine would be the last option.

Ours was "anonymous "
    Had it been anonymous I would have said no and no plan. My paranoid brain figured. If I resist even a little I'll be at the top of the axe list. But if I give a response that suggests I will comply may save me from the axe list.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I was in a very similar situation. If I lost my job I would take a huge pay cut to find work with a company who didn't require the jab, if I even could. I was fortunate that I was granted a religious exemption, but I don't know if that will work for next year. I keep hoping and praying that there are lawsuits that help bust these BS mandates.
    It's sort of what I was referring to about the hills just getting harder. The PTB have set out on a strategy to separate us with fear and it's working. If the 20-30% percent or more of those who've refused the jab thus far would stand their ground, the mandates would stop, because companies cannot afford to lose that much of their workforce. This situation reminds me of those pictures from the 40s of a one or two Nazi soldiers herding hundreds or thousands of Jews onto trains. The Jews could have easily overcome those handful of soldiers, but no one wanted to risk taking a bullet. They earned a few more days, weeks, months, years on this planet, but eventually had to take a shower.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Had it been anonymous I would have said no and no plan. My paranoid brain figured. If I resist even a little I'll be at the top of the axe list. But if I give a response that suggests I will comply may save me from the axe list.
    Me too paranoid

I just didn't answer ours, but I don't think it's anonymous. I have been vaccinated but my principle is it's none of their business

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm tired of fighting for the right to earn a living. I lost my job due to this ****ing vaccine and I'm not planning to look for another one. **** it, I'll just start sucking on the government teet of free money and programs to reward myself for my new career of sitting on my ass. Maybe I'll start knocking up a bunch of women to up the income level so I can afford the latest new iPhone every time one comes out and afford to eat steak with the card they'll send me.

Considering where it's all headed I'm starting to wonder if I haven't been a ****ing idiot for working all of these years. I could have just sat on my ass, did nothing but bitch and complain and lived a comfy life.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I'm tired of fighting for the right to earn a living. I lost my job due to this ****ing vaccine and I'm not planning to look for another one. **** it, I'll just start sucking on the government teet of free money and programs to reward myself for my new career of sitting on my ass. Maybe I'll start knocking up a bunch of women to up the income level so I can afford the latest new iPhone every time one comes out and afford to eat steak with the card they'll send me.

Considering where it's all headed I'm starting to wonder if I haven't been a ****ing idiot for working all of these years. I could have just sat on my ass, did nothing but bitch and complain and lived a comfy life.
    If you can't beat them join them.

But this sounds like the post election and especially post Jan 6 Phylo. I don't like that Phylodog

I'll take this as an emotional reaction and hope the fighting Phylodog comes back soon.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Fear is a fantastic motivator. The government understands this when they threaten your ability to provide for your family if you don't abide by their unconstitutional edicts. They've played a weak hand and are bluffing. We desperately need to see the bluff. Would any of you who are wrestling with this jab or job decision consider attending a meet and greet\discussion? Understanding you are not alone helps ameliorate some of the fear and apprehension over the challenge we're facing. I would be willing to get something started if the forum allows it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    It's sort of what I was referring to about the hills just getting harder. The PTB have set out on a strategy to separate us with fear and it's working. If the 20-30% percent or more of those who've refused the jab thus far would stand their ground, the mandates would stop, because companies cannot afford to lose that much of their workforce. This situation reminds me of those pictures from the 40s of a one or two Nazi soldiers herding hundreds or thousands of Jews onto trains. The Jews could have easily overcome those handful of soldiers, but no one wanted to risk taking a bullet. They earned a few more days, weeks, months, years on this planet, but eventually had to take a shower.

Understood, but my employer has already shown they have no problem with firing anyone and everyone who refuses their requests... :(

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    My worry would be that enough employees would say they don't plan to get vaccinated but would if it were required. Then the company would use that as justification to implement a mandate to push those folks over the edge.

They could easily rationalize and say, "well we haven't been able to convince them yet, but they admit they would do it if we made them, so we'd better make them."

I honestly believe the Biden Admin realizes they don't have legal authority to actually enforce a mandate and they only announced it as a way to give cover to employers. Even without actually having finalized the EO, they have already pushed companies into moving ahead with it.

So far my employer has continued to take a wait and see approach. They've rolled out lots of incentives and awareness campaigns, set up on site vaccination clinics, but have so far stopped short of making it mandatory. They have said they won't until something formal is established beyond Biden's initial declaration.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Where are the waaawaaa2 chasers on this?

If this was Trump/republican mandate, EO or even a suggestion, the vultures would be in court before the ink was dry on it. :dunno:
    There are lots of them going all over the place. We just don't hear about them like we would in your scenario. In your scenario, it would be full bore "resistance". In reality we have full bore collaboration.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    My worry would be that enough employees would say they don't plan to get vaccinated but would if it were required. Then the company would use that as justification to implement a mandate to push those folks over the edge.

They could easily rationalize and say, "well we haven't been able to convince them yet, but they admit they would do it if we made them, so we'd better make them."

I honestly believe the Biden Admin realizes they don't have legal authority to actually enforce a mandate and they only announced it as a way to give cover to employers. Even without actually having finalized the EO, they have already pushed companies into moving ahead with it.

So far my employer has continued to take a wait and see approach. They've rolled out lots of incentives and awareness campaigns, set up on site vaccination clinics, but have so far stopped short of making it mandatory. They have said they won't until something formal is established beyond Biden's initial declaration.
    I believe Biden has blatantly said he will issue EOs and has that he knows won't stand up in court

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy

So far my employer has continued to take a wait and see approach. They've rolled out lots of incentives and awareness campaigns, set up on site vaccination clinics, but have so far stopped short of making it mandatory. They have said they won't until something formal is established beyond Biden's initial declaration
    I understand your point. But it would be easy for my shop to view is as cattle. We saw huge profits during covid bc of all the extra business we took up.

We hired 100s of people and get them set and ready to work in just a couple days.

So if they saw the numbers and knew they would lose a few hundred people over it. They would take that gamble bc we can be replaced pretty quick.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Where are the waaawaaa2 chasers on this?

If this was Trump/republican mandate, EO or even a suggestion, the vultures would be in court before the ink was dry on it. :dunno:

I agree with KLB, there are likely lawsuits everywhere but the media is keeping it quiet. The ones I've heard of are the ones where employees have lose the suit (like the hospital system in TX). You're right though, if Trump had done this, it would have been overturned in court pretty much overnight... :rolleyes:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I wouldn't encourage anyone to break the law or commit fraud.....but.....

16x9_m.jpg

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Well while these conversations are about future problem possibilities....I now have to sneak back into work after 2 micheladas.....and sit through a session with upper management asking me for opinions on what they are doing....right now I'm in more danger than anyone!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom