• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    There is no middle ground. You either let your principles be trampled or you do not. There isn't a whole lot of grey area there...

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If fear of losing a right is what keeps me from exercising that right, I never possessed it.

There are plenty of noble reasons I may choose to reserve the exercise of any of my liberties, but fear should be considered the most loathesome of motivators.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Lessons learned: do not fight back because you may win.

I don't understand the surrender before fighting mindset. To win one must attack. When victorious, we then attack. When attacked, we attack.

We don't stop attacking because we will always be fighting. We can stop fighting when we have destroyed the enemy and they no longer exist to fight.

What about rope-a-dope?;)

Sometimes the best attack is a counter-attack. As a Wing Chun master you understand this.

Not, however, in this case...

So, when are the poll workers who called the cops going to jail?

IC 3-14-3-9
    Failure to receive vote of legal voter
    Sec. 9. A person who knowingly fails to receive the vote of a legal voter at an election commits a Class D felony.

I would hold the clerk who invented a new Indiana law most responsible, since he/she could have cleared the matter up (and this is the one elected official or representative thereof). And presumably the clerk spoke to the election board, which should have had an attorney or two on it. Mix enough people together and you have Constitutional law by committee. Existential fail.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If fear of losing a right is what keeps me from exercising that right, I never possessed it.

There are plenty of noble reasons I may choose to reserve the exercise of any of my liberties, but fear should be considered the most loathesome of motivators.
    :+1: I would never let a fear of losing a right motivate my choice in not excercising that right.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    Doctors, lawyers, IT people, architects, professionals of almost any area of expertise have the same problem. They all have to have constant training just to keep up with current techniques, technologies, and information. Much (if not all) of it is on their own personal time and on their own personal dime. "It's too hard to keep up!" means that you're not qualified to do your job and you're going to be passed over for someone who is qualified. It's not accepted as an excuse in any profession I have ever seen.

I'm not saying its an excuse, there is no excuse for their actions. I'm just saying its very difficult when you have a bunch of dumb people writing so many laws, that nothing makes sense anymore. It still falls on the officers to support and defend the consitution of the United States and the State of Indiana and all according laws. The officers should be able to quickly find any state and federal laws pertaining to any issue they may face. If they can't, they are incompetent in their profession and should be re-educated or removed. These officers and election officials should be removed and prosectuted to the fullest extent of the law for denying this Marine his 2A rights and his right to vote. Rights he swore to protect and defend as well, which should never be infringed upon.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I think this is absolute make-believe on your part to justify an opinion for which you have no evidence.

I am neither newly licensed, young, or attention-seeking. For that matter, I am not male either and thus lack the heterozygosity of sex chromosomes that make me want to show the whole world my gun.

But on the chance that all your broad-brushing were true, so what? If women can show their boobs, men should be equally entitled to showing their guns. I for one don't have a problem with it.

I'm happy that you carry without showing off, although I do find that your approval of boob exhibitionists very refreshing.

I'm pretty sure you did just admitted to being an "Old Female".
    And I take offense when people use words that I can't pronounce, spell or know the meaning of. :rolleyes:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What?:dunno:

The GOVERNMENT is the one allegedly committing the crimes here.

The prospective voter did NOTHING wrong.

Any bill introduced in the General Assembly will be laughed out onto Market Street.

I do not believe that one bit. A bill that will criminalize bringing a firearm to a polling place? I believe that can easily be passed.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The officers should be able to quickly find any state and federal laws pertaining to any issue they may face. If they can't, they are incompetent in their profession and should be re-educated or removed.

According to a post near the beginning of the thread, they search for 90 minutes trying to find something, ANYTHING, to charge him with rather than admit they made a mistake.

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    Sorry to say that I see this differently. I watched the newscast, and I agree that the media went way overboard on this, but...

The Clown, and I mean this in every sense, went to the poll with his gun on display and was well aware that the open carry would cause an issue.
    Me? I went to my polling place too, and I was carrying also. But mine was concealed...I voted and left.
    I maintain that those who carry openly are attention seekers. Maybe they don't get enough attention at home.
    It has been my experience that those who most often carry openly are the newly licensed youngsters who want to strut and show off and say to the world, "Hey...Look at me! I have a gun on my belt and I want you to see it!"

They are silly fools. Immature.

if you want to debate OC/CC then go to that Thread and please stop trolling this one

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    According to a post near the beginning of the thread, they search for 90 minutes trying to find something, ANYTHING, to charge him with rather than admit they made a mistake.
    Not only that but If it never dawned on them going in that they could be dealing with not one but two potential fundamental Constitutional civil rights violations if they don't get this right then they are in worse shape than not being aware of numerous other laws.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy

Hence their incompetence. If you can't find anything let the man on his way and admit you're wrong. Not further deny somebodys constitutional right to carry and vote. They need to be removed.

s&wluvr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    LaPorte/Michigan City area
    Well, I have spent a good deal of time reading this entire thread. Many people have some very fine points to make. I thought of myself in this situation and what I would do. I did carry to the polls yesterday, but CC, and I did vote. I must commend that young Marine for standing for his principles. Unfortunately, it appears that he did not get to vote. I can't really condemn the police officers involved though. It appears that they were professional, tried several avenues to get the correct answers, but it appears that everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. As for the poll volunteers, it appears that they had not anticipated a "gun" issue and may very well be very uneducated on 2nd amendment rights. There is a lot of educating to be done out there on these issues, even within the ranks of law enforcement. And, as someone previously mentioned, there are so many damn laws that even the lawyers aren't sure of the correct answers. It will be interesting to follow this, and if a suit is filed, what the courts will have to say about it. Since I don't live in St. Joseph County, which appears to be very anti 2A, this incident, along with several other 2A incidents in recent months may get them to get their act in gear. Just my 2 cents worth.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    if you want to debate OC/CC then go to that Thread and please stop trolling this one

He didn't fare very well with similar comments in that thread last year. ;)

I imagine he'll stick to a few annual drive-by comments without much response.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Hence their incompetence. If you can't find anything let the man on his way and admit you're wrong. Not further deny somebodys Indiana constitutional right to carry and vote. They need to be removed.

The US Constitution does not explicitly allow the right to vote. The Voter Rights Act (1965) does so. So in truth, an Act of Congress protects your right, not the Constitution. Unless you're speaking of of the Indiana Constitution, which I assume contains such provisions.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would hold the clerk who invented a new Indiana law most responsible, since he/she could have cleared the matter up (and this is the one elected official or representative thereof). And presumably the clerk spoke to the election board, which should have had an attorney or two on it. Mix enough people together and you have Constitutional law by committee. Existential fail.

Especially given that the one TV reporter called the state police and talked to a lawyer there who was able to tell them there was nothing illegal in what the valiant young Marine did. It seems the answer was easily attainable.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So, when are the poll workers who called the cops going to jail?

IC 3-14-3-9

Failure to receive vote of legal voter
    Sec. 9. A person who knowingly fails to receive the vote of a legal voter at an election commits a Class D felony.

How would one go about trying to get this done given that it occurred in one of the most anti-gun, liberal, rights ignoring areas of the state? The county prosecutor would march in lock step with the actions of the people involved here.

Top Bottom