• ...and so much more!
  • long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    a
    According to a post near the beginning of the thread, they search for 90 minutes trying to find something, ANYTHING, to charge him with rather than admit they made a mistake.

What did they do with him for the 90min.?

When I was telling my boss about this he said "well everyone knows you can't carry at the" I stopped him and yes you can. Know the law it helps.
    He carrys and does SASS stuff.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    The US Constitution does not explicitly allow the right to vote. The Voter Rights Act (1965) does so. So in truth, an Act of Congress protects your right, not the Constitution. Unless you're speaking of of the Indiana Constitution, which I assume contains such provisions.

Indiana Constitution:
    " Section 2. (a) A citizen of the United States who is at least eighteen (18) years of age and who has been a resident of a precinct thirty (30) days immediately preceding an election may vote in that precinct at the election.
    (b) A citizen may not be disenfranchised under subsection (a), if the citizen is entitled to vote in a precinct under subsection (c) or federal law."

I stand corrected, you are right. Thanks.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    “That’s when my police instincts kicked in and my goal was to get him away from the public, get him out of the building,” assistant chief Tony Vanoverberghe said.

Does this IDIOT realize open carry is legally allowed. Needed to get him away from the public. This idiot doesnt realize how many people are carrying and you dont know about it? At least he was doing it legally!
    Because someone would rather have you put it in your car does not mean you have to by law....

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    “That’s when my police instincts kicked in and my goal was to get him away from the public, get him out of the building,” assistant chief Tony Vanoverberghe said.

Nothing like an admission by the other side.

Let's see how your police instincts do on the witness stand.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I do not believe that one bit. A bill that will criminalize bringing a firearm to a polling place? I believe that can easily be passed.

This is not Georgia, this is not Mississippi.

If it can be passed so easily then why has it not been introduced . . . ever?:rolleyes:

Name a criminal misuse of a handgun at a polling station.

I'll wait here.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

If it can be passed so easily then why has it not been introduced . . . ever?:rolleyes:

I'll wait here.

I'm with Kirk on this one. There were times in the past when I never would have believed that the pre-emption statute or the Barnes response statute would be passed, much less by the majority they were. Currently, Indiana's gov't has shown itself to be very pro-2A, very pro-carry, and very pro-self defense.

It is one of the reasons I choose to live here.

Best,

Joe

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

I'll wait here.
    Lots of people right here on INGO would get behind one the first time a Black Panther showed up at the polls OC'ing.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I wouldn't want the assistant chief's police instincts to kick in and call the SWAT team.

You might have a point

That says a lot about your character. If I hadn't already just repped you this would get it for sure.

Can someone get him for me?

Agreed. And sorry I can't get him for you, I got him for myself.:D

I don't care what they do down South. They do all kinds of goofy crap down there. South Bend is not in the South; it is in Indiana and the laws of the Indiana Code and the United States Code apply.

Someone has a blackletter civil rights violation involving all kinds of federal and state criminal and civil statutes and you are worried?

If we do not exercise our rights, then we lose them. What on earth could you be worried about?

I don't care. It does not matter what the majority thinks, it matters what the Constitution says.

Federal and state law are very clear that this was a violation of a citizen's civil rights. A man's civil rights are not put to referendum.

Lessons learned: do not fight back because you may win.

I don't understand the surrender before fighting mindset. To win one must attack. When victorious, we then attack. When attacked, we attack.

We don't stop attacking because we will always be fighting. We can stop fighting when we have destroyed the enemy and they no longer exist to fight.

Well said, I wish I could rep you again.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    I think this is absolute make-believe on your part to justify an opinion for which you have no evidence.

I am neither newly licensed, young, or attention-seeking. For that matter, I am not male either and thus lack the heterozygosity of sex chromosomes that make me want to show the whole world my gun.

But on the chance that all your broad-brushing were true, so what? If women can show their boobs, men should be equally entitled to showing their guns. I for one don't have a problem with it.

Would it be adding too much levity to throw out the obligitary "worthless without Pics!" phrase we see so often?????? ;)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lots of people right here on INGO would get behind one the first time a Black Panther showed up at the polls OC'ing.
    I don't know what you're trying to get at here with this post. :dunno:

It depends on how that BP presented themselves or anyone else for that matter.

If it was in an intimidating manner such as what happened in Philly carrying the nightsticks then.

In that case it's already illegal to intentionally intimidate other voters and no need for any new legislation.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    This is not about his rights. Each individuals rights are only good until they infringe on other citizens rights. He would have made me uncomfortable too, so therefore he loses that right to bare arms.

Wow!! This is off the WNDU website comments. So apparently this guy thinks that as soon as you disagree with someones rights, said person must give up those rights!

His speech makes me uncomfortable, so maybe I should revoke his freedom of speech and trample all over his constitutional rights?

No, I don't think I'd stoop that low...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Wow!! This is off the WNDU website comments. So apparently this guy thinks that as soon as you disagree with someones rights, said person must give up those rights!

His speech makes me uncomfortable, so maybe I should revoke his freedom of speech and trample all over his constitutional rights?

No, I don't think I'd stoop that low...
    That guy is something else if he feels that just because someone legally exercising their right makes him uncomfortable then that other person should lose that right.

He needs to get a clue. It don't work that way. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    the responding officers were caught in the middle of a situation knowing they were going to lose no matter what they did... If the police did nothing the poll worker would have complained up the chain and the sheriff would have complained down the chain with the officers ending up getting :bat: around by the bosses.
    So they should arrest someone falsely? Issue unlawful orders? They are going to get fired or in trouble for not enforcing a law that doesn't exist?
    I don't want the officers to be sued personally.
    Why not? They are the problem. Even after being told by the Indiana State Police and the election board that the guy was not doing anything wrong, they still persisted in unlawful behavior. Of course they should get sued.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    In that case it's already illegal to intentionally intimidate other voters and no need for any new legislation.

When have politicians ever needed a reason to pass new legislation?

Just look at gun control.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN

I'll wait here.

I wasnt trying to imply that there was a crime committed, or that he was in any way wrong or out of line. My point is that the politicians now KNOW that this isnt illegal, and that there is no law against it in Indiana. Nobody has to die (or attempt to murder someone) at the polls before someone introduces a bill to prohibit carry of any sort at the polls. Will it pass, maybe, maybe not. All that I was trying to point out is that it would be a good idea to be prepared in the instance that I am right. Kinda like carrying a gun, even though we dont intend to be in a situation where its necessary to use it. Just trying to be the good Boy Scout and be prepared for the worst, no matter how improbable.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    How would one go about trying to get this done given that it occurred in one of the most anti-gun, liberal, rights ignoring areas of the state? The county prosecutor would march in lock step with the actions of the people involved here.

The prosecutor has to stand for re-election on his own merits. I wouldn't assume he will play 'circle the wagons' with the clerk and sheriff on this. (Not saying he won't, either... but if he's paying attention to the Mourdock victory...?)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Anyone know if he is on INGO? If not, some of us in the area may want to try to contact this guy and make sure he knows his options.

Kodiak or St. Joe Conservation club people? Any of you familiar or know Clay?

he is on here. and he does know his options. he's already spoken to a lawyer (did so after morning incident and before evening incident). source: he's my brother.

Top Bottom