• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Exactly right. Had the officer stopped him and ask to see his LTCH that would have been just fine. However, they didn't do that. They, apparently, didn't even care if he was carrying legally when this all started.
    ^This^ would've been the rational and proper way to have handled it.

I'm sure that Mr. Edinger would'nt have had a problem with this as an responsible legal firearm carrier that is aware of his rights, which by all indications are pointing to that he is.

Once an LTCH would've been produced and there was no indication that he was trying to intimidate other voters or sway their votes or keep them from voting by carrying then there was no reason for things to go down hill the way they did.

He should've then been allowed to carry on with what he came there to do and that is exercise his right to vote and be on his way.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    While reading another thread I realized that while not meaning to demean a TSA official I may have anyway. I understand that we do not have to fly, and I personally have flown multiple times and never had any trouble getting through the check points, especially here at INDY, some have though. I respect the people that work there to ensure our safety but I just want to know how much of our freedoms are we willing to sacrifice to feel safe.

My family's answer to that is NONE.

My wife and I have much better response time than police. If we need backup, we'll call for help. Otherwise, well.....

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    My family's answer to that is NONE.

My wife and I have much better response time than police. If we need backup, we'll call for help. Otherwise, well.....

my friends sister will be starting college near my house. I told her that if she needs anything she can call me, because my response time will be quicker than the police. My friend is a LEO, im not sure how she felt about my little zing.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    my friends sister will be starting college near my house. I told her that if she needs anything she can call me, because my response time will be quicker than the police. My friend is a LEO, im not sure how she felt about my little zing.

Police carry weapons for their own protection. Not for protecting us. Their role is to arrest those that violate the rule of law, or having a warrant are suspected of breaking the law, or having a probable cause/suspicion that a law has been broken, and to investigate.

If police take 10 minutes to show up at a scene after a call for help, then that is 10 more minutes that you are without aid. Weapons are for protecting yourself and others until police officers arrive at the scene to call for a coroner.

THEN they can investigate. If I need help, I'll call, but otherwise I think I'll just rely on me and mine first before any stranger.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    :hijack:

I think everything has been said that can be said.

I'll wait for further news now when something in the case develops.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    slight :hijack: here

While you say its too much for anyone to handle, I am sorry but in my opinion that is no excuse. This man was denied his right to vote because the officers on scene did not know the law. More than likely this man is going to get a very nice pay day headed his way(as he should), however what do you think is going to happen to the officers? I am guessing probably nothing. The will more than likely just be informed of their mistake and allowed to go on their way. To me this is not acceptable.

Had Clay not been aware of all the laws, and say carried into a school, he would now be sitting in jail facing some serious charges. We can't say we were unaware of laws and simply get away with a slap on the wrist, we are expected to know all of the laws, so why aren't LEOs, who are in charge of enforcing the laws, required to be? :dunno:

Please note this was not a LEO bash and I do apologize if it comes out like that, I am simply pointing out a double standard. Carry on :patriot:

I'm not saying that it justifies what the Asst. Chief and Officers did. I feel they should be properly punished to the fullest extent of the law. But our legal system is so jacked up and there are so many laws, that someone whose profession it is to study and defend people (lawyers) are confused by the mess of laws!

All I'm saying is, its so confusing and there are sooooo many laws, that it makes it difficult to enforce when the Federal Government passes over 10,000 new Federal Laws each year. How many State, County and Local laws are passed each year on top of that? Its alot to take in for anyone, Lawyer, LEO, Armed Civilian, or Sheeple.

This gentleman has retained the Law Offices of Guy A. Relford. More news to follow.
    :patriot: Get 'em Guy!!

I just got off the phone with Clay. We talked for over 40 minutes and I ABSOLUTELY stand by my previous remarks. He is the most polite, well mannered man you could imagine. He is attending seminary currently and will be leaving shortly to train for his new role as a Naval Chaplain.

I will say it again, we could not ask for a better representative for our Rights in this state and I am honored to know him.

God Bless you Clay!

God Bless him!! We need more people like him!! Semper Fi!!:patriot:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Bingo (bolded portion)

EVERY OFFICER takes an oath to protect and defend the Consititution of the US and Indiana when they are sworn in. Voting is a FUNDAMENTAL Constitutional Right and every single one of them should have known it and stepped forward even if no others did.

Men have laid down their lives so that we didn't have to and the clutch of that reasoning is that we as Americans have a voice in our government by VOTING.

THIS!
    I'm am certainly NOT a FAN of OCing at a polling place BUT, as law stands it is perfectly legal. And even though I like getting paid and frown upon this gentleman's tactic, I won't ever subvert the Constitution in order to "keep my job." And any officer that does so I do not call brother.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    THIS!
    I'm am certainly NOT a FAN of OCing at a polling place BUT, as law stands it is perfectly legal. And even though I like getting paid and frown upon this gentleman's tactic, I won't ever subvert the Constitution in order to "keep my job." And any officer that does so I do not call brother.

That says a lot about your character. If I hadn't already just repped you this would get it for sure.

Can someone get him for me?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    All I'm saying is, its so confusing and there are sooooo many laws, that it makes it difficult to enforce when the Federal Government passes over 10,000 new Federal Laws each year. How many State, County and Local laws are passed each year on top of that? Its alot to take in for anyone, Lawyer, LEO, Armed Civilian, or Sheeple.

Doctors, lawyers, IT people, architects, professionals of almost any area of expertise have the same problem. They all have to have constant training just to keep up with current techniques, technologies, and information. Much (if not all) of it is on their own personal time and on their own personal dime. "It's too hard to keep up!" means that you're not qualified to do your job and you're going to be passed over for someone who is qualified. It's not accepted as an excuse in any profession I have ever seen.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Doctors, lawyers, IT people, architects, professionals of almost any area of expertise have the same problem. They all have to have constant training just to keep up with current techniques, technologies, and information. Much (if not all) of it is on their own personal time and on their own personal dime. "It's too hard to keep up!" means that you're not qualified to do your job and you're going to be passed over for someone who is qualified. It's not accepted as an excuse in any profession I have ever seen.

Except Politician (Nancy Pelosi)

though she WAS demoted...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I again, want to caution those about this. And so far, I'm the only person that has brought up this point.
    Within the US already, there are a number of states that restrict the right to carry at polls.
    I'll be honest guys, the notoriety this instance may gain has me worried. I think legally, this specific situation will bode well however, I don't think we have the votes to win the overall battle concerning this.
    If we held a referendum tomorrow, about this, I think we'd have our butts handed to us. We've always had the ability to carry at a polling place (OC or CC), but it's not a stretch to see both options taken away from us, as this is something that anti could surely seize upon.
    I don't question the motives, but I do question the timing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That says a lot about your character. If I hadn't already just repped you this would get it for sure.

Can someone get him for me?

Maybe we'll have a talking one day about how I almost got suspended during an instance involving a guy burning a flag on his grill.

Top Bottom