• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I wasnt trying to imply that there was a crime committed, or that he was in any way wrong or out of line.

Of course. My comments were in response to someone else, Dave. Sorry for any confusion.

You are certainly correct but I do not see any threat. We should always stay vigilant.

I wouldn't assume he will play 'circle the wagons' with the clerk and sheriff on this.

I would assume a special prosecutor would be forthcoming here.

As well, the USA would not have any such electoral pressure.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Casey whatshisname was on this on my way to work this morning. He played WNDU-TV (Channel 16) sound bites. They (WNDU) stated and he was in agreement with:

That SB292 made open carry legal in Indiana for the first time. They even called it the "new open carry law".

The fire station had every right to deny him access and quoted a statute pertaining to private property owners.

It is illegal to carry a gun in a government building.

There was more but I was so blown away by the epic fail of this 5 minute segment that I almost had to pull over for a minute.

The poll workers blew it. The local police blew it. The election board blew it. The county government blew it. The ISP blew it.

Clay will be retiring soon on our dime but I guess it beats a bunch of other garbage they spend our tax dollars on.

One thing is certain, a lot of people, government employees and news media will be having a 5 course dinner of crow very soon. I relish the thought.

I hope he gets a competent attorney (TFT) and sues all of them jointly and severally. Criminal proceedings need to take place as well. I believe someone smarter than me said it was a felony to deny him his right to vote. Jail time is warranted IMO. Ignorance of the law being no excuse cuts both ways, doesn't it?

we went through the same learning curve a few years ago when the media found out about OC. they called it "new" even though michigan has had preemption since the 90s. judging by the way OC lawsuits have gone in michigan, i would very much doubt he will be able to come close to retiring based on any settlement/judgement.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I would assume a special prosecutor would be forthcoming here.

This should be good... :popcorn:

angela-corey.jpg

Let us be careful what we ask for...

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    That guy is something else if he feels that just because someone legally exercising their right makes him uncomfortable then that other person should lose that right.

He needs to get a clue. It don't work that way. :rolleyes:

That sums up the whole PC speech movement. No one can be allowed to say things that make others feel uncomfortable. It is hate speech.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    That sums up the whole PC speech movement. No one can be allowed to say things that make others feel uncomfortable. It is hate speech.

Or harassment....or some type of abuse....or seditious....or whatever else....

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    Wow!! This is off the WNDU website comments. So apparently this guy thinks that as soon as you disagree with someones rights, said person must give up those rights!

His speech makes me uncomfortable, so maybe I should revoke his freedom of speech and trample all over his constitutional rights?

No, I don't think I'd stoop that low...

Good Lord......I hope you responded to this idiot. Since when do we have a constitutional right to be comfortable?

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    The prosecutor has to stand for re-election on his own merits. I wouldn't assume he will play 'circle the wagons' with the clerk and sheriff on this. (Not saying he won't, either... but if he's paying attention to the Mourdock victory...?)

The prosecutor here is a weenie. He will avoid this like the plague. He can't beat lousy attorneys. Much less good ones.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Again, this was not about someone being kicked out of Ponderosa in Bay City.

This is about a citizen being denied the right to vote.

This is what people are missing. The government representatives were in direct violation of current state law regarding firearm carry. Secondly in their zeal to enforce their unlawful policy they deprived him of his right to vote. Requiring him to submit to an unlawful order as a condition for him to vote is not lawful.

This is not about gun control. They are screwed and I would expect a pretty large payout for the 2nd offense regarding his voting. They can't take that back. His vote this election is gone forever. No amount of "retraining of polling personnel or law enforcement" is going to give the man his vote back.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This is what people are missing. The government representatives were in direct violation of current state law regarding firearm carry. Secondly in their zeal to enforce their unlawful policy they deprived him of his right to vote. Requiring him to submit to an unlawful order as a condition for him to vote is not lawful.

This is not about gun control. They are screwed and I would expect a pretty large payout for the 2nd offense regarding his voting. They can't take that back. His vote this election is gone forever. No amount of "retraining of polling personnel or law enforcement" is going to give the man his vote back.
    This pretty much sums it up in one nice neat little package. Well said. :yesway:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    The badge comes with free technical support!

FreeTechSupport_79x74.jpg

Sweet! I can't tell you how many times I've been sitting there half-dressed trying to figure how the doggone badge attaches to my clothing or fits in my pocket and wished that I had some sort of technical support line to call. You've solved all my problems!

On a more serious note, the LEO's involved in this are SCREWED. Maybe some of them will finally wise up and realize that if you're going to ENFORCE the law, perhaps you should KNOW the law. None of us would get any slack if we didn't know the requirements and restrictions for OUR jobs; why should they?

Top Bottom