• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Guy, thank you for everything you do in the INGO community as well as others simply trying to defend their given rights.

I commend Edinger for standing up for himself. Awesome thread! Thank you, OP, for sharing! Rep inbound. :rockwoot:

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    there are no ex Marines

Except for the ones that violate the trust and brotherhood of the Marines and are Other Than Honorably discharged or dishonorably discharged. But that goes for soldiers, sailors, and airmen as well.

I can't think of a better poster "child" (not meant to be derogatory) for this lawsuit. An honorable Marine and Family Man. This can go a long way to educate the sheeple and the goversheep. :patriot:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Except for the ones that violate the trust and brotherhood of the Marines and are Other Than Honorably discharged or dishonorably discharged. But that goes for soldiers, sailors, and airmen as well.

I can't think of a better poster "child" (not meant to be derogatory) for this lawsuit. An honorable Marine and Family Man. This can go a long way to educate the sheeple and the goversheep. :patriot:

Goversheep, I like it! Also I couldn't agree more that Clay is a GREAT ambassador for our Rights.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    WNDU-TV reported it was wrong to carry a gun into a place where it get very "heated" like a polling place. I don't recall any diturbances at the polls around here, or anywhere for that matter, or any heated confrontations that made the news (let's not count the NBPP in Philly).

Did they report it as 'illegal' as well?

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    WNDU-TV reported it was wrong to carry a gun into a place where it get very "heated" like a polling place. I don't recall any diturbances at the polls around here, or anywhere for that matter, or any heated confrontations that made the news (let's not count the NBPP in Philly).

Sorry, but I'm of the opinion that open carrying there in philly by more people could have helped PREVENT that situation.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I think the people who are saying this is somehow the fault of the various police agencies are mistaken. It is obvious that they are just following the direction of the county and other government leaders. I can't fault them for wanting to keep their jobs. If a LEO commits some jack-booted thuggery I am all for holding their feet to the fire. But that is not the case here. I feel sorry for them because they seem to be caught in the middle here. Of course, I could have this completely wrong.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glad to hear he is being presented in a fair light. You know something is wrong with this country if Public Servants spent 1.5 hours trying to find something to get you in trouble with as you're doing your civic duty with voting.

Nah... that just affirms there's quite a few officers who aren't aware of our carrying laws. With record gun sales and the increase in folks getting their LTCH they better start doing their homework or get used to writing checks.

When I voted yesterday in New Chicago I open carried my XDm 40 with no issue. I was in all fairness wearing a Lake Co Sheriffs pipes and drums shirt. If assumptions were made I can't help it but no one said a thing to me at all.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I think the people who are saying this is somehow the fault of the various police agencies are mistaken. It is obvious that they are just following the direction of the county and other government leaders. I can't fault them for wanting to keep their jobs. If a LEO commits some jack-booted thuggery I am all for holding their feet to the fire. But that is not the case here. I feel sorry for them because they seem to be caught in the middle here. Of course, I could have this completely wrong.

Bingo (bolded portion)

EVERY OFFICER takes an oath to protect and defend the Consititution of the US and Indiana when they are sworn in. Voting is a FUNDAMENTAL Constitutional Right and every single one of them should have known it and stepped forward even if no others did.

Men have laid down their lives so that we didn't have to and the clutch of that reasoning is that we as Americans have a voice in our government by VOTING.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Bingo (bolded portion)

EVERY OFFICER takes an oath to protect and defend the Consititution of the US and Indiana when they are sworn in. Voting is a FUNDAMENTAL Constitutional Right and every single one of them should have known it and stepped forward even if no others did.

Men have laid down their lives so that we didn't have to and the clutch of that reasoning is that we as Americans have a voice in our government by VOTING.
    ^Exactly^ :yesway: Well said. Tried to rep but was denied by the man. Gotta spread it out a little first.

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    The Kicker

"Vanoverberghe, who admits to understanding Edinger’s legal right to bear arms and even carry it openly, cannot come to grips for Clay’s reason for refusing to simply take it off and go vote. "

Now thats the kicker right there... Why don't you just give up your rights to do some other action.
    We have been all too quick to give up our rights for too many things. Unwarranted searches and seizures to fly on an airplane being one of the biggest. Look at how we have gone to guilty until proven innocent all in the name of "safety". We subject 4 year olds to darn near strip searches because of the lack of common sense and the lowest paid employee who is on an ego trip. (not meant to demean any one at the TSA)

We should stop being so willing to concede our rights just because it is convenient to do so. Because the more we do.. the more that the Goversheep feel empowered to take those very rights from us.
    I would say that this is just my :twocents: but it is more like my 2 bucks!

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    "Vanoverberghe, who admits to understanding Edinger’s legal right to bear arms and even carry it openly, cannot come to grips for Clay’s reason for refusing to simply take it off and go vote. "

Now thats the kicker right there... Why don't you just give up your rights to do some other action.
    We have been all too quick to give up our rights for too many things. Unwarranted searches and seizures to fly on an airplane being one of the biggest. Look at how we have gone to guilty until proven innocent all in the name of "safety". We subject 4 year olds to darn near strip searches because of the lack of common sense and the lowest paid employee who is on an ego trip. (not meant to demean any one at the TSA)

We should stop being so willing to concede our rights just because it is convenient to do so. Because the more we do.. the more that the Goversheep feel empowered to take those very rights from us.
    I would say that this is just my :twocents: but it is more like my 2 bucks!

+1. and that is due to inflation.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    even if a polling place is on private property , one can not refuse a lawful person entry..
    otherwise certain political groups could put polling places in malls or such & limit who could vote..
    " i saw you did not donate to xyz, so you can not come on my property.."

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I think it's more like sheeple herders. (government) They herded the sheeple from here to there and they went where they were told. Then the sheeple herders started thinking they're in charge and have the right to herd the sheep. Time for the wolves to bite them in the *** and show them they're wrong.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I think it's more like sheeple herders. (government) They herded the sheeple from here to there and they went where they were told. Then the sheeple herders started thinking they're in charge and have the right to herd the sheep. Time for the wolves to bite them in the *** and show them they're wrong.

Yeah, but the natural tendency is to blame the sheepdogs first...

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Knowing the way the police departments operate around here I'm betting the responding officers were caught in the middle of a situation knowing they were going to lose no matter what they did. They took the course of job security. The Democrats run the county (Google Butch Morgan). If the police did nothing the poll worker would have complained up the chain and the sheriff would have complained down the chain with the officers ending up getting :bat: around by the bosses.

I don't want the officers to be sued personally. The county sure. All of the police officers around here that I know are fully supportive of carrying. Where it gets cloudy is once they move up the chain of command and have to suck up for advancement. Then it becomes pleasing the powers that be and that sucks.

The news photo I saw did look like the guy was "flagrantly" carrying which I don't do nor do I think its smart. But I suspect the photo was staged with his jacket up over and behind the gun.

I decent way to educate would be for several people to open carry and vote together at a polling place. If an area has 30 people show up at 5 different polling places in one county the cops are going to be busy and the law will be publicized to the local area. If a couple of lawsuits arise the county will begin to educate the poll workers that carrying a firearm is not illegal.

What would happen if someone carried a rifle in to a polling place. What would the INGO opinion be then?
    HUH?!? The cops might be hassled for not carrying out an illegal order (it is illegal to arrest, toss out, rough up anyone for doing nothing illegal) but they couldn't be disciplined. If they were they would have grounds for a really nice suit against the city/county.

Top Bottom