• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    "Edinger calmly requested to record the verbal exchange and then left quietly, without ever voting.

that was probably a smart idea if his intention is to sue. When you are not allowed by the government to vote despite being legally qualified to do so, WOW.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Sorry to say that I see this differently. I watched the newscast, and I agree that the media went way overboard on this, but...

The Clown, and I mean this in every sense, went to the poll with his gun on display and was well aware that the open carry would cause an issue.
    Me? I went to my polling place too, and I was carrying also. But mine was concealed...I voted and left.
    I maintain that those who carry openly are attention seekers. Maybe they don't get enough attention at home.
    It has been my experience that those who most often carry openly are the newly licensed youngsters who want to strut and show off and say to the world, "Hey...Look at me! I have a gun on my belt and I want you to see it!"

They are silly fools. Immature.

Yes I am quoting myself.

Get it through YOUR thick head. I don't carry open to try to be an attention seeking, kick getting, lead slinging, bada$$. If that was the case then CC must make you a sniveling, hiding, leadless, winer. Stop with the whining about how I carry, I don't carry how you carry, I wouldnt tell you that you should carry any way that was uncomfortable to you. If I was COMFORTABLE CC I might think about it, but since I don't care to hide it I won't. I don't NEED to hide it.

Let me be clear I am not calling any CC'ers any names just bringing up a point. OC/CC just as long as you carry.

Go to the OC/CC argument for this topic.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Anyone know if he is on INGO? If not, some of us in the area may want to try to contact this guy and make sure he knows his options.

Kodiak or St. Joe Conservation club people? Any of you familiar or know Clay?

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Sorry to say that I see this differently. I watched the newscast, and I agree that the media went way overboard on this, but...

The Clown, and I mean this in every sense, went to the poll with his gun on display and was well aware that the open carry would cause an issue.
    Me? I went to my polling place too, and I was carrying also. But mine was concealed...I voted and left.
    I maintain that those who carry openly are attention seekers. Maybe they don't get enough attention at home.
    It has been my experience that those who most often carry openly are the newly licensed youngsters who want to strut and show off and say to the world, "Hey...Look at me! I have a gun on my belt and I want you to see it!"

They are silly fools. Immature.

Oh yeah. This guy was just out there, stirring the pot.

Just like the way that the freedom riders stirred the pot for their civil rights.

Just like the way that Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat to a white man, and sit in the back of the bus.

Just like the way blacks would sit at the lunch counter, simply to bring attention to their cause, by way of civil disobedience.

Just like the way the plaintiffs in Brown v. Board of Education, took issue with the established law 'separate but equal' via Plessy v. Ferguson.

Silly us. Thinking that calling attention to violation of civil rights is only a sinful, ego thing.

DThurston

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Shelby County
    It has been mentioned that he may be a member and we should not name him for legal reasons.

Personally, I'm perfectly OK with this. Based on the ABC report, it looks like a perfect circumstance for anything up to a Federal case against the local authorities. I'll gladly stay in the dark if it means a better chance of success for Clay and citizens of the area.

That said...:popcorn:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Knowing the way the police departments operate around here I'm betting the responding officers were caught in the middle of a situation knowing they were going to lose no matter what they did. They took the course of job security. The Democrats run the county (Google Butch Morgan). If the police did nothing the poll worker would have complained up the chain and the sheriff would have complained down the chain with the officers ending up getting :bat: around by the bosses.

I don't want the officers to be sued personally. The county sure. All of the police officers around here that I know are fully supportive of carrying. Where it gets cloudy is once they move up the chain of command and have to suck up for advancement. Then it becomes pleasing the powers that be and that sucks.

The news photo I saw did look like the guy was "flagrantly" carrying which I don't do nor do I think its smart. But I suspect the photo was staged with his jacket up over and behind the gun.

I decent way to educate would be for several people to open carry and vote together at a polling place. If an area has 30 people show up at 5 different polling places in one county the cops are going to be busy and the law will be publicized to the local area. If a couple of lawsuits arise the county will begin to educate the poll workers that carrying a firearm is not illegal.

What would happen if someone carried a rifle in to a polling place. What would the INGO opinion be then?

I can proudly state that I have been "flagrantly" carrying since 2011. LOL! Good one Pitmaster. I have found my new sig line!:rockwoot:

Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    Anyone know if he is on INGO? If not, some of us in the area may want to try to contact this guy and make sure he knows his options.

Kodiak or St. Joe Conservation club people? Any of you familiar or know Clay?

I personally live a few blocks from this firestation.. I've grown up there all my life. I am checking into this further.. I know many of the people on both sides... but not sure yet if I or my family knows "Clay". In either case... I will personally take strides to educate people in my township area. I was appauled by this news and the lack of knowledge in the police force. One voice might be small.. but it is a start.
    At least I know all of the local tavern owners... I'll begin there! :D

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Outstanding!

Due to the legal issues, I can see not naming usernames, etc. I just wanted to make sure that he got the help he needs.

Only need you to give him a one word message from us:

Hoo-rah!

I see an INGO benefit event in near future.

Top Bottom