• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • heavyhitter1k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Choke hold is barred from use by NYPD: Fact. Guy resisted arrest, that led to officer using choke hold: Fact.

Not saying it was ok to use it or that him selling cigs should have gotten him arrested, but with priors the officer made a decision to arrest him and he resisted.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Choke hold is barred from use by NYPD: Fact. Guy resisted arrest, that led to officer using choke hold: Fact.

Not saying it was ok to use it or that him selling cigs should have gotten him arrested, but with priors the officer made a decision to arrest him and he resisted.

People resist ALL the time, and we don't go choking them. We may like too, but it is strictly verboten.

heavyhitter1k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    People resist ALL the time, and we don't go choking them. We may like too, but it is strictly verboten.

I agree I am not justifying the choke hold, but I had read some comments on the news articles that said they should have never forced him down and fought with him etc, but he would have never been dogpiled on if he was not resisting.

But again, that does NOT justify the choke hold used...

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    This has me scratching my head. Guy's death is ruled a homicide. Officer used a banned choke hold. Are their other facts I'm missing? I think any officer in this area would probably burn on that one.
    I was of the opinion that NYC juries are not real friendly to NYPD...makes it all the more mysterious.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    This one really shocks me. I thought for sure there would be an indictment. I teach a little non-LEO physical management as part of my job. More behavioral/institutional stuff. We do not use prone, postions and do not use pain complience or anything on the jpionts or neck. HOWEVER, we do teach that ""I can't breathe" is something you have to honor. You can do that by releasing paertly and reapply....I just don;t get this. If he didnlt use protocol and the guy died, let it go to trial. This is way easier to see then Ferguson IMHO.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I doubt they will have the violence that we saw in Ferguson. It might happen if the Sharpton types bus people in. NY is not a cheap place to live or stay. It's going to take a protestor with a few bucks to hang out there. Most people that can afford to be there can afford there own electronics/ booze and such. They don't need to pillage.

Top Bottom