• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Is there somewhere I could get a summary of the GJ evidence....not an advocacy site.
    Greta van Sustren said NY seals all GJ proceedings. The prosecutor has requested they be released (a new fad after Ferguson perhaps).

She and some of the other panelists were greatly surprised by the "no bill".

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Meh, big money has nyc wired tight. I would be surprised if there is anything more than well orchestrated noise from community organizers looking for cash.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I doubt they will have the violence that we saw in Ferguson. It might happen if the Sharpton types bus people in. NY is not a cheap place to live or stay. It's going to take a protestor with a few bucks to hang out there. Most people that can afford to be there can afford there own electronics/ booze and such. They don't need to pillage.

Do you suppose Obama and Holder would [STRIKE]provoke [/STRIKE] allow that sort of thing in NYC or DC?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am listening to Megan Kelly on Fox. They are raising a ruckus but so far no real violence. The night is early though. I hope it stays peaceful.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I doubt they will have the violence that we saw in Ferguson. It might happen if the Sharpton types bus people in. NY is not a cheap place to live or stay. It's going to take a protestor with a few bucks to hang out there. Most people that can afford to be there can afford there own electronics/ booze and such. They don't need to pillage.

Too close to the flagpole.

NBC won't dare incite a riot in their own backyard.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I listened to the recording of this on the radio and was confused about how someone that could not breath was able to speak so many times. When I've had the wind knocked out of me I can't speak at all.:dunno:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I wonder how many pedestrians this thug enforcer has assaulted in his meaningful career.

I don't disagree. This should have resulted in an indictment, absolutely. Illegal use-of-force by the cop that may have resulted in the man's death.

However, I'm allowed to call attention to this guy's idiotic resisting of arrest for his illegal activity (in breaking a STUPID law.)

It's not all black-and-white.... so to speak.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I don't disagree. This should have resulted in an indictment, absolutely. Illegal use-of-force by the cop that may have resulted in the man's death.

However, I'm allowed to call attention to this guy's idiotic resisting of arrest for his illegal activity (in breaking a STUPID law.)

It's not all black-and-white.... so to speak.

It's not illegal!! It's against policy. That does not make it illegal!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's not illegal!! It's against policy. That does not make it illegal!

True, it could be legal... Carotid restraint isn't necessarily a choke hold. Trained move.

Granted, I still think this cop didn't do it right. He has a history of abuse, anger.

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    True, it could be legal... Carotid restraint isn't necessarily a choke hold. Trained move.

Granted, I still think this cop didn't do it right. He has a history of abuse, anger.

I am not saying I agree with the cops move.

Things to ponder... What if this kid had a gun or knife? Would that have made it a justified situation? The kid would not submit to the arrest. They could not tell for sure he was unarmed until they got him down. One things for sure if he was cooperative he would be alive. With out tasers how do you put a uncooperative 400lb man down safely? Lots of what if's. And it still goes back to lack of cooperation from the kid. Epic fails everywhere!!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    :lmfao:

Likely getting high fives from his brethren, the DA and the union reps.

Actually the report I heard was that he has lost his badge and his gun over the breach of policy. He's pretty much done for in this line of work.

They seemed to think his cries about being unable to breathe, should have been heeded.
    CSB: when I am wrestling with my 8YO monkey and I start the ticklefest, he will yell "Stop! Daddy stop! I'm gonna pee my pants! STOOOOPPPPP!!!!!" 9 out of 10 times when I stop he miraculously no longer is about to wet himself. What is the moral of the story? People will say ANYTHING to get out of an uncomfortable position. What do the libtards think would have happened? Here is what they THINK would have happened:

"I cant breathe!"
    "I'm sorry kind sir! Everyone off!"
    "Thank you for your kind consideration brave and noble officers. You have succeeded in winning this tussle. I submit to your superior methods and power and will turn around and put my hands behind my back so that I may be properly restrained. Please proceed with my detainment. I shall no longer resist. I submit to your superiority and beg mercy upon you." (with a slow spin and a curtsy)

:rolleyes:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I am not saying I agree with the cops move.

Things to ponder... What if this kid had a gun or knife? Would that have made it a justified situation? The kid would not submit to the arrest. They could not tell for sure he was unarmed until they got him down. One things for sure if he was cooperative he would be alive. With out tasers how do you put a uncooperative 400lb man down safely? Lots of what if's. And it still goes back to lack of cooperation from the kid. Epic fails everywhere!!

Honestly what crime did he commit to have justified the officers even putting hands on this guy? I know he was known for selling loose cigarettes, but past crimes don't justify random detainment. Does anyone have knowledge of whether or not the officers had seen him selling cigarettes that day?
    From what I know, just prior to the arrest, Garner had just broken up a street fight (hence why the guy filming incorrectly states the police made contact with him because of the fight)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Actually the report I heard was that he has lost his badge and his gun over the breach of policy. He's pretty much done for in this line of work.
    '

CSB: when I am wrestling with my 8YO monkey and I start the ticklefest, he will yell "Stop! Daddy stop! I'm gonna pee my pants! STOOOOPPPPP!!!!!" 9 out of 10 times when I stop he miraculously no longer is about to wet himself. What is the moral of the story? People will say ANYTHING to get out of an uncomfortable position. What do the libtards think would have happened? Here is what they THINK would have happened:

"I cant breathe!"
    "I'm sorry kind sir! Everyone off!"
    "Thank you for your kind consideration brave and noble officers. You have succeeded in winning this tussle. I submit to your superior methods and power and will turn around and put my hands behind my back so that I may be properly restrained. Please proceed with my detainment. I shall no longer resist. I submit to your superiority and beg mercy upon you." (with a slow spin and a curtsy)

:rolleyes:

People take things so literally. "I can't breathe," could easily mean "I'm not getting enough air," not that an airway is completely obstructed. I've had pretty bad colds (ya know phlegm in the chest, stuffy nose), and have said "I can't breathe."

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Hands Up, Don't Choke: Eric Garner Was Killed By Police For No Reason

§ 125.15 Manslaughter in the second degree.
    A person is guilty of manslaughter in the second degree when:
    1. He recklessly causes the death of another person;

The New York City Police Department has issued an order banning the use of choke holds, the restraining maneuvers that cut off the flow of blood and oxygen to the brain and have been blamed in the deaths of suspects here

Kelly Bans Choke Holds By Officers - NYTimes.com
    The policy in New York grew from concern about the rising number of deaths in police custody over the last eight years, including that of Federico Pereira, a 21-year-old Queens man who in 1991 died of what the medical examiners called "traumatic asphyxia." Five officers were charged, but the charges against four were dropped and the fifth was acquitted.At a police promotion ceremony at One Police Plaza, Police Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly characterized the ban not as a new policy but as clarification of a 1985 order. That order said that "choke holds, which are potentially lethal and unnecessary, will not be routinely used."
    Chief Timoney said the city policy specifically did not distinguish between various types of holds, but rather banned them categorically. It also prohibited other restraints or tactics -- like standing on a suspect's chest or transporting a suspect in a face-down position -- which might impede breathing.
    "Basically, stay the hell away from the neck," he said. "That's what it says."

In 1993.In interviews yesterday, police officers seemed divided about the ban. In the rugged 75th Precinct in East New York, many younger officers said they never learned choke holds in the academy, had never used them and would not miss them.Meaning unless this officer attended a different academy he was never trained to use a choke hold.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom