Man arrested for slapping stranger's 2 y/o at Wal-Mart... and a "what if" discussion

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    My instinct would be to shout, jump forward, grab his arm and push him away. If that didn't solve the problem, I'd probably flip up my shirt and get a grip on my weapon.

Greatestsin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Morgan Township, NWI
    At 6'3" and a little over 300 pounds i have been known to throw people around like ragdolls. He'd hit the floor, but no gun necassary unless it escalated further, ie him drawing a knife or gun or even stating he has might be reason enough to put him under the sights, because when someone has the crazy they are unpredictable. Period.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I wouldn't have drawn. But then I'm 6'7" and 280 lbs. I have a 3 year old son. If somebody said that to my wife and kid he wouldn't have a chance to touch them. I'd just pick him up and throw him through the nearest rack, then get him down and get to work seeing which breaks first, my fist or his face.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    I wouldn't have drawn. But then I'm 6'7" and 280 lbs. I have a 3 year old son. If somebody said that to my wife and kid he wouldn't have a chance to touch them. I'd just pick him up and throw him through the nearest rack, then get him down and get to work seeing which breaks first, my fist or his face.

i like your style.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I, for one, don't believe this guy would have pulled this crap with a man around.

On the other hand, my wife would still be beating this guys *ss....

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I don't have kids yet, so I can't say for sure what I'd do, but I'd probably get a chance to test out these nifty fists that God gave me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Probably would not have drawn my weapon in this case. At the point he stated he was going to shut my kid up I would have made it very clear he would be leaving with the assistance of a wheelchair if he touched my child. If he continued....time for a good old fashioned beat down and a surgeon to remove my size 11 shoe from his a$$ when I got down with em!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Someone makes a threatening comment and I will immediately be between him and my family. It can be done in an instant. All else goes from there.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Reverse ridgehand to the groin or boot to the back or ribs. I would be torn........

You don;t touch someone else's kid. What a complete assssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhole!

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just my take. You don't slap the kid.

If the parents are so rude and clue-less that they won't quiet their darling little child then you slap the parent. If they ***** then you slap them again. Eventually they will get the message and remove their crying kid from the store/airplane/restaurant/etc.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Sorry for the duplicates........

Help me out mods. I can't bear the shame......
    The only thing worse would be being seen hitting a kid at Walmart:):

Also I'm not sure what the :chuck: terrorist beating is but the WalMart guy deserves it.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I'm a big boy and grew up in a rough neighborhood. I dont need my gun to take care of vermin like that. I have 2 good fists and have never had a problem with giving them a workout. Where I come from we handled things ourselves because people are more scared of the police than they are the bad guys. No one ever calls the police unless they are snitching or dying. "Welcome to the inner city"

I would beat this guy down like I was possessed by a wild animal. Some crybaby sheeple spectator would call the cops then this man would have to explain how he smacked my child and lost all his teeth in less than 60 seconds

I think 2 many people hide behind there guns IMO they are "TOOLS" or "DEFENSIVE WEAPONS" Handguns are not shields! And shouldnt be used against another person unless in a life or death situation.....

Ever been drawn on? Ever been robbed at gun point? Ever feared for your life?? Well I have and I know what those situations are really like. Its cool to think what you might do and how cool it would be to be the hero. But you never really know untill the situation happens.

When I was robbed I was actually save my family by not drawing my gun. And since it was concealed I was able to lie so they didnt get my gun. I dissarmed the situation by filling there arms with everything I could give them. And they where wanting to shoot me because they wanted my guns and I was telling them I had sold them to pay my rent. I kept telling them that. And giving them things and finally they left once there arms where so full they could barely hold there guns on me. Both had old revolvers. (I could see they was loaded) By doing this I controlled the situation and kept them in one room instead going to my bedroom where my son was in his crib. I avoided being shot myself and kept my wife safe. If I had pulled my weapon the other guy would have shot me and my wife.

Last edited:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I'm a big boy and grew up in a rough neighborhood. I dont need my gun to take care of vermin like that. I have 2 good fists and have never had a problem with giving them a workout. Where I come from we handled things ourselves because people are more scared of the police than they are the bad guys. No one ever calls the police unless they are snitching or dying. "Welcome to the inner city"

I would beat this guy down like I was possessed by a wild animal. Some crybaby sheeple spectator would call the cops then this man would have to explain how he smacked my child and lost all his teeth in less than 60 seconds

I think 2 many people hide behind there guns IMO they are "TOOLS" or "DEFENSIVE WEAPONS" Handguns are not shields! And shouldnt be used against another person unless in a life or death situation.....

Ever been drawn on? Ever been robbed at gun point? Ever feared for your life?? Well I have and I know what those situations are really like. Its cool to think what you might do and how cool it would be to be the hero. But you never really know untill the situation happens.

When I was robbed I was actually save my family by not drawing my gun. And since it was concealed I was able to lie so they didnt get my gun. I dissarmed the situation by filling there arms with everything I could give them. And they where wanting to shoot me because they wanted my guns and I was telling them I had sold them to pay my rent. I kept telling them that. And giving them things and finally they left once there arms where so full they could barely hold there guns on me. Both had old revolvers. (I could see they was loaded) By doing this I controlled the situation and kept them in one room instead going to my bedroom where my son was in his crib. I avoided being shot myself and kept my wife safe. If I had pulled my weapon the other guy would have shot me and my wife.

Great post! I've experienced a lot of what you did growing up and living Metro Detroit. Drawn on, robbed multiple times (pizza manager), shot at, hit with a bat, etc. I once asked a robber to show me his gun. He started to pull it from his waist band I said "good enough" and he smiled and accepted the cash. Stuff like that sucks. Don;t draw when it's uncalled for.

I agree with you. A good ghetto stomping would be called for. Drawing on the guy would be an act of cowardice IMO.
    A beatdown of legendary proportions ? Hell yes! Draw? no way!

In closing noble turtle I agree. Beat the tar out of him and when the cops are called all agree to not press charges.....

Repped!

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    Ya know... I'm not sure about this. I'm 5'4" and 140. Who knows what a crazy b'strd like this would do. First thing would be to get between the freak and the kid and remind the guy of his place. And, after the slapping happened and was over, if you shot the guy it wouldn't really be self defense.

Also, if you drew on the guy and it wasn't necessary, the first thing the paper would say is that some some nut drew down on a guy. You may be the bad guy. Not good for the cause.

OTOH.... if it was to defend, maybe a gun... otherwise, being small, I would grab whatever there was handy and beat the guy as long as I could until someone pulled me off. He would leave a cripple or toe tagged.

I'm just astonished this happened in the first place. Who thinks of it?

Mike G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Greenwood
    I, for one, don't believe this guy would have pulled this crap with a man around.

I would also agree with this statement. Lots of people will talk tough when they think they can easily intimidate someone. A woman with an upset child might seem like an easy target to a man with a desire to put someone in their place.
    I am convinced that what goes around always comes back around. This guy will get what's coming to him and he won't like it. He might have already gotten it by now, depending on where he got locked up and who he got locked up with.

And to answer the question, I'm 6'1" and 260#'s and dig ditches for a living. He would have had a hell of a row to hoe to get to my kid in the first place. I don't think he would have had enough energy to slap himself if he got through me.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom