Man arrested for slapping stranger's 2 y/o at Wal-Mart... and a "what if" discussion

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • No Time to Shoot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My wife said she would have shot the baby beater if that was our son at that age. That's what a Mother thinks. Now, I haven't read anyone's response that makes me want to put them down, agree or not. That's why this is a FORUM, diferent ideas are discused, not cussed(no foul language but nuclear flame throwing) Reps to Cygnus and No Time to Shoot.
    :+1:My wife said the same thing. If he had touched our daughter, but he never would have made it past the threat with her.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    You sir have some serious issues. There are far better ways to handle that situation than to pull your gun out in a possibly crowded public place because someone verbally accosted you. I am not denying you the ability to defend your family, I'm telling you that there are better tools to use in that situation so you don't endanger our families! How did you ever survive High School?

By bouncing the bully that was beating me up every day off the hood of my car, getting out and telling him that if he ever even looked at me again, next time I'd back up. No more troubles from anyone after that.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    "Paige sustained "slight redness to the face," but was otherwise unharmed."

He wasn't exactly beating her or manhandling her...simmer down fellas.

It was wrong, but anyone who walks around the store with a loud child is wrong too.

That's all I'll say.

That's what we knew after. the. fact.

Is that really the way you want to bet when someone grabs and assaults your child?

As for "anyone who walks around the store with a loud child is wrong too" do you have any children? Do you really think that keeping a two-year old from crying is all that easy?

Or should people who have young children just stay home and never leave the house? Should they where bright orange clothing and shackles too, or maybe one of those electronic anklets?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Since you chose to take it public, I say you are a coward because you would choose to deny those smaller and weaker the right to defend themselves, and you bully them into making decisions that could cause them their lives, and that of their families. Your "beat their butt" theory is good chest beating talk, in the real world it's ignorant, and a good way to get yourself or your kid killled. IOW, you are a moron if you choose to carry a gun and get into fistfights, and mentally incompetent to carry a gun.

Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine.

You started a thread with a situation, and asked for people's opinions. As soon as someone voices a different opinion, you begin negative repping them and publicly insulting their intelligence?

internet_serious_business_framed.jpg

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    All I can say is take a look at my Avatar...........................doesn't really matter, gun, fists, knife, shopping cart, a pair of underwear shoved down his throat!

THE MAN WOULD DIE!

Now for those posters talking about how it's wrong to have a loud child in a store. I have a place for you to kiss! I was just in the store with a loud child. She had an earache and I was picking up her medicine and other supplies for her. I had no choice! Now if you don't like that just tap me on the shoulder if it happens again and I'll be happy to discuss it with you in person!

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    WARNING : The following is sarcastic humor !

As for "anyone who walks around the store with a loud child is wrong too" do you have any children? When it comes to kids I'm a nun , as in ain't got nun , don't want nun and don't anyone else to have nun .

Do you really think that keeping a two-year old from crying is all that easy? Umm YEAH ! , with the help of duct tape .

Or should people who have young children just stay home and never leave the house? Yes please if you'd be so kind , at least until the kids are out of their crying phase . After all , you people had them knowing full well what to expect , so why punish the rest of us because of your mistakes ?

Should they where bright orange clothing and shackles too, or maybe one of those electronic anklets? No , that's not necessary . Just try your best to keep the bacteria infested , snot nosed :poop: machines from disturbing everyone else's peace .

Thank you .

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    Wow, this has sure turned into a productive discussion.:rolleyes: We weren't there at the time, and each one of us would have seen it through our own eyes differently I'm sure. If you feel threatened by someones comments directed at your child and choose to draw your gun, that is your decision and I can't say if it would be right or wrong in that situation. Every situation is different. But to anyone who suggests shooting this perp when he said to shut your kid up or I will, again, thats 2nd degree murder. Just because I carry does not mean a gun is the answer to every insult or perceived threat. Remember, if your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.;)

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    haha. this one turned out to be pretty amusing. i really enjoy the completely over the top personal attacks. those were lines straight out of a b movie.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    haha. this one turned out to be pretty amusing. i really enjoy the completely over the top personal attacks. those were lines straight out of a b movie.

Why don't you shut up, you pork eating crusader!!!

Oh hold on, let me put a smiley face since the mods indicate they have problems telling attempts at humor without them. :D:D:laugh::laugh:

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Why don't you shut up, you pork eating crusader!!!

Oh hold on, let me put a smiley face since the mods indicate they have problems telling attempts at humor without them. :D:D:laugh::laugh:

smileys? so you have a disagreement w/ someone. saying: "i hope you die" is bad. BUT
    "i hope your whole family dies of horribly painful burns :D:D:):):" is ok?

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well:popcorn:.....this thread just consumed my entire lunch break so I might as well wade in and leave my :twocents:.

Here's my armchair QB assesment.
    My reaction to this was that if it had happened to me he would have received a verbal warning (ie "Get your hands anywhere near her and you'll draw back a stump.) and the immediate positioning of myself in between them and my hand on my gun.

Under no circumstances would I fight him hand to hand. What to say he doesn't have a concealed weapon of his own? You start wailing on this old dude for a threat only you, your kid and he heard? Say he shoots you and claims self-defense? Who would the jury believe? You also cant just whip out your weapon on a senior citizen because he's grumpy! Gun stays in holster but he will know that I don't plan on just using harsh language for my close encounter if he wants to go there.

Now if he persists, makes a move to get around or in any way continues or escalates the situation, I would get LOUD. Witnesses would be your friend here. Let everyone know that you have made it very clear that he needs to leave you and your child ALONE.

Then and only then will the possibility of having to draw become an option. In this unique situation, he will have plenty of outs and plenty of people will know that he passed them all up.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda.... it's all just mental "exercise"(keepin it PC for the kiddies)

I think the important thing to take away from any crime related story as well as everyday situations in you life is to think, "What if?"
    Sure practice and range time is important, but what good is a 1.5sec draw to fire if you dump your mental clutch and kill the engine?
    Think now or forever hold your piece.

:ingo::patriot: Have a great weekend everyone!!

jstwrit

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    May 11, 2009
    N.E.
    Draw ? Not me. Verbal threats towards my kids from a total stranger "would"
    bring a barrage of knuckles his direction before I had time to think about it.

Of the crying child, now thats different.
    My kids cried and fussed just like all kids do.

They can have ear aches, tooth aches or just want a toy.

I always respected others if my kids were fussy. We missed finishing a few meals because we respected others, paid for the meal and left.

Other times they were spanked at eating establishments because it was needed.

You lay a hand on me or mine, you better have a bigger stick.

:+1:All in favor say "I". Well said!

kec2306

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Franklin
    Oh my what a bad bad day it would be for all involved!!! I agree i would definately need an attorney after this BAD day along with an ambulance for the idiot in question.

Top Bottom