• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Now there's a quality post. 49 to go. :):

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Post script to my earlier post...if Bush or Rubio had had Trump's numbers in Iowa, NH and SC, the race would have been called by now.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Beneath that reality show exterior I think Mr. Trump is real. A real something or other.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Any yall listened to the show when Roger Stone was interviewed by John Wells a couple few weeks ago?
    Stone is on Trump's side but what the man had to say was well worth considering no matter what his affiliations may be.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Another reason? Trump's health care reform plan.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/healthcare-reform

Lots and lots of good ideas conservatives have been touting for years in there. Crossing state lines? Drug importation? Yes, please.

Denninger seems to like it, heh:

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=231180

I don't see anything particularly new or noteworthy in there. And the sad truth is that it will do very little if anything to address the problems in our medical care delivery system. As long as we ignorantly conflate health *insurance* with health *care* we can never really understand what's going on here.

Fortunately, there are much more comprehensive ideas than Trump's floating around:
    Heartland Musings: A National Medical System that Might Work

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I don't see anything particularly new or noteworthy in there. And the sad truth is that it will do very little if anything to address the problems in our medical care delivery system. As long as we ignorantly conflate health *insurance* with health *care* we can never really understand what's going on here.

Fortunately, there are much more comprehensive ideas than Trump's floating around:

Interesting suggestion. It sounds much more reasonable than anything else I have encountered which does not require rewinding the clock. So far as my observation is concerned, the introduction of insurance is the problem, not part of the solution as it artificially inflated demand on a finite supply while insulating the person making the decision to seek services from paying for the cost of doing so. In my reckoning, if health care returned to being a cash and carry proposition, it would likely become very much more affordable as demand would be greatly reduced and we would not have doctors building a business model on running the same patients through for 'scheduled maintenance' as opposed to treating them when there is an actual need.

I tend to agree regarding intellectual property rights. It is indeed necessary to make it financially viable for people to invest the time and resources for new inventions otherwise they are not very likely to be introduced. Likewise, it is not conducive to offer this protection such as to allow the inventor to recover many times that initial investment by possessing a monopoly far longer than necessary to make it worthwhile. The challenge, as always, is to determine where and how to draw the line.

In defense of Trump, however, I cannot fault his approach to dealing with the subject. A significant part of his successful campaign has been to package ideas in small packages that most people feel that they can wrap their minds around. Consequently, Trump's campaign model necessarily excludes open exploration of large and complex solutions. This leaves me seeing a combination of the impossibility for Trump, within that model, to say some of the things I would like to hear explained more thoroughly and at the same time doubting that he really believes them that simple. In the end, it leaves me with a choice of whether or not to issue a measure of blind faith in Trump, but in most cases, I find that blind faith less troubling than choosing alternatives which are much more clear and sufficiently disturbing as to make trusting Trump on faith seem like a good bet by virtue of at worst being no worse off than I know we will be otherwise. In a way, it seems that we have a presidential election which has come down to the point where paper, rock, and scissors meets poker.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Dave, I completely agree on the first part. Health care costs can't possibly get any more affordable without free market consequences. As it pertains to Trump, however, I can't agree. I think Trump's plans sound simplistic because they are designed to hit the conservative talking points. That's it. We've heard conservative politicians carp about state lines and meaningless "free market" teasers. Sounds like Trump is hitting the same points for the same reasons that the GOPe does: to make people think he's conservative. It's just part of the con.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    It's clear you have either never served, or that you slept through the briefing on lawful orders.

Following Trump's order on bombing unarmed women and children can get you sent to prison for a very long time. Or worse.

How's that working out for those who are following Obama's orders to do exactly the same thing?

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013

Perhaps the real answer, and one that stares everyone right in the face, yet they avoid it like the plague, is that the Federal government has never been given any authority to make laws regarding health care. We have a Republic where the powers of the Federal government are enumerated in the Constitution. What we really need is for somoene, anyone, to stand up and say "STOP!" and begin the unwind of the behemoth Federal bureaucracies.

I know that person isn't Sanders.

I know it isn't Rodham-Clinton.

I know it isn't Rubio.

I know it isn't the guy married to Mrs. Goldman Saks.

I'm pretty sure it isn't Trump.

Send the power back to the People and the States where it belongs.
    Repeal the 16th Amendment.
    Repeal the Federal Reserve Act and place the power to coin money back where it is supposed to be - Congress
    Repeal the 17th Amendment and return the Senate to it's rightful place as the voice of states rights and not another mob like the house.
    Repeal the 26th Amendment.
    Dismantle all of the alphabet agencies.

and While I am at it I would repeal the first 8 amendments of the Bills of Rights too. All that was necessary were the 9th and 10th. Meaning if the Constitutin doesn't say the government CAN do it. then it Cannot. It's really that simple.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Top Bottom