• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Trump is a stupid genius.... He wont have a clue how to run a country but he can appeal to the masses of America as good as anyone. He and them are the exact same. Stupid. All people want is to be entertained. This will be the biggest voting turn out of all time.

Who has had 'a clue' how to run a country? Seriously, who in the past 30 years has done a decent job? This nation has spiraled out of control into a level of debt we likely can never expect to resolve. We hear of 'conservative' lawmakers (who aren't really conservative) make promises that are NEVER fulfilled..

You keep pouring your allegiance into the same mindless idiots expecting different results, while referring to those choosing any path previously not taken 'stupid'. Keep walking that path, eventually you'll come to the same conclusion the MAJORITY of (R) have... we know where that path leads and it's not where we want to go.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Who has had 'a clue' how to run a country? Seriously, who in the past 30 years has done a decent job? This nation has spiraled out of control into a level of debt we likely can never expect to resolve. We hear of 'conservative' lawmakers (who aren't really conservative) make promises that are NEVER fulfilled..

You keep pouring your allegiance into the same mindless idiots expecting different results, while referring to those choosing any path previously not taken 'stupid'. Keep walking that path, eventually you'll come to the same conclusion the MAJORITY of (R) have... we know where that path leads and it's not where we want to go.

How has the national debt changed your life from 2006 to 2016, when it increased from $8T to $18T? It's debatable if the govt actually has the intent of actually paying it off. All of the potential consequences can be offset by govt manipulation.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How has the national debt changed your life from 2006 to 2016, when it increased from $8T to $18T? It's debatable if the govt actually has the intent of actually paying it off. All of the potential consequences can be offset by govt manipulation.

What makes you think the government manipulation doesn't have consequences? And if they can do that without consequences, why not just go into even more debt? Why not cut a check for $1M for every person. Hell, we won't even restrict that to US Citizens. Consequence-free money for ALL!

The democrat party approves! :yesway:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What makes you think the government manipulation doesn't have consequences? And if they can do that without consequences, why not just go into even more debt? Why not cut a check for $1M for every person. Hell, we won't even restrict that to US Citizens. Consequence-free money for ALL!

The democrat party approves! :yesway:

I'm asking, what are the tangible consequences that you've seen in that same time period? Who's going to collect when they've think we've reached out limit?

Kut (knows it's imaginary money)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm asking, what are the tangible consequences that you've seen in that same time period? Who's going to collect when they've think we've reached out limit?

Well, thanks for ignoring the whole issue of consequence free consequences.

For me? I don't know if all the financial impacts of economies past and present are partly due to US financial policy. One thing I can say is that I pay too much tax. Government shouldn't be this expensive. Servicing the debt isn't free. And we can't reach the limit because we keep artificially extending it. Perpetually and artificially holding interest rates low has consequences too. Can't hold them down forever. What happens when we can't borrow at low interest?

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

The government manipulations, in order to avoid the potential consequences of the debt, have consequences all their own. It's not enough to simply say that debt doesn't matter so long as you don't go bankrupt, you still end up facing consequences because of the choices your debt has forced upon you. It is true that it is not entirely obvious what the consequences are of the government manipulations, but common sense tells you that they still exist whether we can pinpoint them or not.

The more money that the government has to spend on debt financing means that there is less money being spent on roads, bridges, etc. The more money the government borrows means less money available for other capital investments. The more money the government prints, the less the money is worth. We can argue over who is to blame etc., but to argue that there are no consequences?

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010

I have no allegiance, just stating that people vote for trump like its a reality show.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana

You mean other than placing my children's (and unborn grandchildren's) future in hock before they've even become adults? Long term effect.. by undermining the stability and value of our currency on world market, which influences what it costs to buy anything and everything? This is amplified in impact because nothing is made here. These are fictional numbers that don't mean a damn thing today, and you've nailed down precisely why that is. The intent to repay this is questionable at best. This is why the US credit rating was degraded for the first time in this nations history. Someday (within our lifetimes) the global community is going to wise up to our Ponzi scheme. Then what?

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I have no allegiance, just stating that people vote for trump like its a reality show.

For me, it's not about placing my allegiance with Trump, but rather voting against the DC establishment and maintaining the status quo. Cruz could have been a star but shameless self promotion derailed him in my eyes. Everything he pushed to forward the agenda of defunding the ACA.. bringing the government shutdown to the brink, threatening to default on US debt interest payments (resulting in the downgrading of the US credit rating)... was all for self promotion. Making a name for a junior statesman.. all leading up to this. A failed run for the white house.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You mean other than placing my children's (and unborn grandchildren's) future in hock before they've even become adults? Long term effect.. by undermining the stability and value of our currency on world market, which influences what it costs to buy anything and everything? This is amplified in impact because nothing is made here. These are fictional numbers that don't mean a damn thing today, and you've nailed down precisely why that is. The intent to repay this is questionable at best. This is why the US credit rating was degraded for the first time in this nations history. Someday (within our lifetimes) the global community is going to wise up to our Ponzi scheme. Then what?

Interestingly enough, the dollar is the strongest it's been within the timeframe that our debt has doubled from $8T to $18T. You're right, it's a ponzi scheme. The thing about it, is that EVERYBODY is playing. We have the advantage in that the world is pegged on the dollar. You remember the banking bailout mantra "too big to fail," well, we're the global version of that. If Tomorrow Obama said, "meh, we're writing off off our foreign debts," and ONLY said that, taking no other action. The world would crash overnight.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Tangible consequences for that form of national debt will only surface when it starts to vastly out-pace our GDP growth. When it does, international faith in the US dollar will wane and another global reserve currency will be selected. After that, your guess is as good as mine.

Our currency is faith based, for all intents and purposes, when people stop believing it has value, it will no longer have value. I have trouble seeing that happening unless something cataclysmic happens.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

The government has moved strongly to keep interest rates down, penalizing thrift and pushing people towards risk-on style investment. The government must hold interest rates down as much as possible or the debt level quickly becomes unsustainable (but it's not like I'm arguing its current level is sustainable either)

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Trump. Because Legal Tender.

DONALD TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT U.S. 2016 Campaign JFK Half Dollar Coin WHITE HOUSE

You know who I want negotiating trade deals with other countries? The guy who can sell fifty cents for ten bucks.

That site is hilarious.

wdIjah5.jpg

Because we need holographic coins.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    You know nothing about me, apperently poking fun at the simple trump voters offends you.. For that please forgive me. Look at the bright side, simple people vote for every candidate.

Simple people think the president is who matters.

The open seat(and more to come) on the supreme court are the ONLY things that matter in this country at this time.

So ANYONE who isn't going to nominate hyper liberal nutcases like garland is the life saving medication needed for the country, but they also must be popular enough to win the election.

If who ever is elected ONLY nominates a conservative supreme court justice in their time as president, it will be a MASSIVE victory for ALL of us.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Would there be any rule against Trump nominating himself to the court? He thinks he's the smartest, best person in the country, only natural he'd be a top judge for life.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Interestingly enough, the dollar is the strongest it's been within the timeframe that our debt has doubled from $8T to $18T. You're right, it's a ponzi scheme. The thing about it, is that EVERYBODY is playing. We have the advantage in that the world is pegged on the dollar. You remember the banking bailout mantra "too big to fail," well, we're the global version of that. If Tomorrow Obama said, "meh, we're writing off off our foreign debts," and ONLY said that, taking no other action. The world would crash overnight.

The 'strength' of the US dollar today is smoke and mirrors, manipulated by the fed. The true impact will be felt when everything unravels.

Top Bottom