• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    T
    :popcorn:

Just waiting for the OMG, you are not exercising your right because you conceal your gun. Because of that, people are never going to realize it is legal to carry in such a manner. Then next thing you know, we will loose the God given right to carry altogether. Why?, because you did not have your gun in the open!

This guy obviously exercises his right.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    C'mon guys dont turn this into a cop bashing thread! Poor taste!

Anyway, from what the OP says it sounds like he has a good case for a suit. Start writing down everything as it happened with timelines. Talk to a lawyer ASAP.

I hate to advocate suing because thats all our society has turned into, but sounds like you have a pretty good case.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I was wearing a blue bears hoodie with blue jeans i looked nothing like gangster....For the 7 mins i waiting for the police i pumped my gass and talked to the person who called the police......Now he said he was from indiana but idk......I wasnt about to take off now im on the run besides the guy took down my wife license plate i dont want her getting pulled over one day and have a gun drawn on her for no reason.

ok I totally agree that they wronged you man but here is what I would have done personally. Somebody calls the cop on me for something. ok good for them I pump my gas and Im out. Its not fleeing the scene of a crime. Im not gonna set and wait for somebody to come harass me. So what he wrote down your license plate. It don't mean crap man. Im sorry thats just the way I feel. I honestly wouldn't have waited because some guy is misinformed about the law not my problem.

Dont get me wrong tho I think they totally violated your rights but I also believe it could have been avoided.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    C'mon guys dont turn this into a cop bashing thread! Poor taste!

Anyway, from what the OP says it sounds like he has a good case for a suit. Start writing down everything as it happened with timelines. Talk to a lawyer ASAP.

I hate to advocate suing because thats all our society has turned into, but sounds like you have a pretty good case.

Not all leo's are bad, I was once one myself. However just like any job, or career. There are some real jerks. Some of them think just because they have a gun, and a badge they are free to do as they please. An officer that does not know the law, from what's legal and illegal. Needs to find a new career. They are given power "to protect and serve". I have only had one, bs run in with a deputy sheriff when I was younger. Other then that, I have had no problems! It only takes one bad apple, to ruin a pie!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    ok I totally agree that they wronged you man but here is what I would have done personally. Somebody calls the cop on me for something. ok good for them I pump my gas and Im out. Its not fleeing the scene of a crime. Im not gonna set and wait for somebody to come harass me. So what he wrote down your license plate. It don't mean crap man. Im sorry thats just the way I feel. I honestly wouldn't have waited because some guy is misinformed about the law not my problem.

Dont get me wrong tho I think they totally violated your rights but I also believe it could have been avoided.

I agree, I would have done my buisness and left. It's not like you commited a crime, and left the scene! A fellow citizen has no right, or authority to try and enforce what is legal or illegal on me. All they can do is report what they saw. That is the job of a leo's.

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    I agree that there are a lot of cops who are cool. My brother's a LEO & he thinks everyone should be armed. I'd talk to an attorney & make life uncomfortable for them as long as you can (and as long as you can afford to).

Last edited:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    First, I am sorry that you had to go through this crap! It is a shame that with almost 7000 active warrants in Allen County some FWPD officers decide to abuse their authority instead of helping gather up some of our less disciplined children.

Now I'll throw out a few thoughts for you to consider.

#1) Write a letter to the manager of the Speedway requesting that no surveillance of any kind that was recorded on X date be destroyed or otherwise altered for use in a potential civil and/or criminal court action. Send this letter through certified mail. Requests/demands in writing hold much more power than a verbal request. Also, consider what happens later IF the judge or jury wants to find out exactly what was communicated. With you tell me (the juror) what you said I can understand that your memory is unclear, that you were excited. Or I can understand the manager did not fully appreciate what was asked of him/her. With it in writing on the other hand you get to show exactly what was sent and to whom. Much easier for you.

#2) Right now start writing down a complete timeline of events proceeding the incident and following the incident. Where were you coming from? Why did you stop there? What were you doing when questioned? How did you respond? Who was the first officer on the scene? What did he/she say to you? etc etc etc.

#3) Have your wife repeat #2 on her own! These will not match 100% but that should be OK. A reasonable person knows that two (2) folks watching the same event will focus on different things.

#4) Post event how traumatized were you and your wife? How did this make you feel? Did this incident make you feel more or less trusting of LE? Will you be more or less likely to have faith in them in future interactions? Write it down and be honest.

#5) Contact the Allen County Bar Association and ask them who specializes in Civil Rights cases in this county.

#6) IF you haven't changed yet take several pictures of yourself dressed as you were when your rights were abused! Put on your pistol and have your wife take pictures from multiple angles. Don't forget to smile nicely!

Good luck with all of this!

Regards,

Doug

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    mms,

WOWO = WOWO News Talk 1190 AM HD Radio

WOWO is a local AM station that has several shows that discuss local politics.

Charlie Butcher is on in the mornings and I believe a member of these boards.

Pat White is on in the afternoons.

Both of these gentlemen discuss local topics.

Regards,

Doug

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    Jeez, it took forever for me to read all of that. Sorry to hear what happened. I hope whatever action you take has a good outcome.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Are you positive you didn't "mouth off" or give them a reason to be jerks ?

With several officers responding and a civilian witness all to testify does it really matter what the truth is?

After all it's in LEO genetic code to be able to know your speed a half mile away or more with his naked eye. I've seen them testify to it under oath.

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    It really amazes me how so many people are talking about suing, lawyering up, calling the NRA. How many of you saying this actually know the OP. I dont. I agree that there are sh--head cops who shouldnt be doing the job that are on power trips. No disputing that fact. However just because the OP says thats how it all went down, doesnt mean thats the way it went. Did anyone here witness this? Not saying it didnt go this way but would be intrested in seeing some proof before we start suing!Two sides to every story folks, lets not forget that. Just my 2 cents.

I think more people on here should contact thier local law enforcement and see about going on a ride along too.

Top Bottom