• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    If I were in his shoes and if your Uncle is half as aggressive as you I think my first question to him would be,"How much do you need up front?"

Damn skippy. Nobody works for free. Before a lawyer goes balls to the wall suing people and taking on the problems of somebody else you can bet all parties need to apprised of the financial ramifications. Otherwise his Uncle can simply pop a cold brew, watch the Big Ten tourney and say "take your problems elsewhere. I wasn't the one ordered face down in the street so life is pretty good today".

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    im glad your going to ask for the tapes. they probly almost certainly wont give them to you but at least ask that they DO NOT DESTROY or RECORD OVER THEM.

on a side note. ive never seen my uncle do anything for free up front. ive never seen any lawyer for that matter do anything for free. lol.

pretty sad it takes getting screwed by the cops to have to go get screwed by a lawyer. hmmmmmm seems like a conspiracy

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Some lawyers take pro bono cases if they are interesting enough. This being in the realm of the 2nd Amendment may prick someone's interest.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    This is why I have my Blackberry's audio recorder set to record with just two button pushes. Might not be completely legal but sure would come in handy in situations like these. I use it everytime I get pulled over, figured if I'm being recorded might as well record too.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    This is why I have my Blackberry's audio recorder set to record with just two button pushes. Might not be completely legal but sure would come in handy in situations like these. I use it everytime I get pulled over, figured if I'm being recorded might as well record too.
    It's perfectly legal. You don't have to tell them they are being recorded.

Also, IANAL, etc. I just play one on TV?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

its legal. theres certain limitations but you can record people without them knowing

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    OP, sue the [censored] out of them and then get a nice gun belt and IWB rig. I would never open carry again after an incident like that. Even though it is our right, I don't have neither the time nor money for such a hassle.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO

In most states only one party needs to be aware of the recording.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Sheesh, this thread started 5hrs ago & is already 10 pages long :dunno:

The real question is, if cops are forcing OCrs to get on the ground, disarm them & detain them is OCing realy leagal ???? Guess it depends on who ya ask.....
    I dont think youll ever win anything in a leagal battle with the rollers but if u got the cash go with it. Good Luck, Sorry bout your trouble with the super cops :patriot:

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Thank you bill your a very big help. I am going to spedway to talk to the manager about the servaillence tape

STOOOOOP!!!! DO NOT go back to the Speedway to speak to the manager! Seriously?! Good chance the cops will just get called right back out there and you get carted off for trespassing. You were already labeled the nutjob that had to be placed face down by LEOs for everyone's safety. They have sent you away once and the manager won't know whether you are still carrying and probably doesn't care. He likely just wants you GONE.

Send a representative and put them on written notice about preserving their audio visual and find their registered agent in Indiana if you are taking this seriously. Please re-read my other post if you are serious about pursuing this.

Going back to the scene of the incident this fresh is possibly going to turn out badly for you. Why take chances that could screw up a potentially good civil case?

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    STOOOOOP!!!! DO NOT go back to the Speedway to speak to the manager! Seriously?! Good chance the cops will just get called right back out there and you get carted off for trespassing. You were already labeled the nutjob that had to be placed face down by LEOs for everyone's safety. They have sent you away once and the manager won't know whether you are still carrying and probably doesn't care. He likely just wants you GONE.

Send a representative and put them on written notice about preserving their audio visual and find their registered agent in Indiana if you are taking this seriously. Please re-read my other post if you are serious about pursuing this.

Going back to the scene of the incident this fresh is possibly going to turn out badly for you. Why take chances that could screw up a potentially good civil case?
    :+1:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    That is why I carry IWB, during the warm months, and OWB covered by my jacket during the winter months. Not because it's illegal, or I'm afraid. It's because of morons who freak out, then you have some cop screaming get on the ground. To me it's unneeded attention, and it's no ones business if I have a gun or not. Also it's something else you always have to be aware of. I do not say that, because I think someone will try to grab it either. Now if these half wits knew the law, both Leo's and the public "not all". It would be a much happier place to live :)

:popcorn:

Just waiting for the OMG, you are not exercising your right because you conceal your gun. Because of that, people are never going to realize it is legal to carry in such a manner. Then next thing you know, we will loose the God given right to carry altogether. Why?, because you did not have your gun in the open!

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    It wasn't a Speedway Employee that called. I live right down the street from speedway and go there all the time with my firearm they talk to me about it and know that I carry, it was some moron customer on a power trip.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Sounds like a million dollar ACLU-sponsored case to me.

At the VERY least speak directly to the chief of police and file complaints of the unprofessional officers.

I don't think the ACLU would come within a mile of sponsoring a PRO-2nd Amendment case... now if it were a precedent setting case against law abiding citizens owning firearms, they'd likely knock down the door to do it.

Top Bottom