• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I switched out the 2 piece rod on my loaded to a Wilson Combat single piece unit and I couldn't be happier. I hated the 2 piece stock Springer guide rod. I never could keep the thing tight.

I remember that issue. I only have 1 two piece rod in use and it is in the loaded I mentioned. Went with the 1 piece in the rest. No issues so far.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I will have a look.

I have an old an severely abused 70 series Colt that I am looking at doing some work on. Winter project if I ever get the time. I had hopes that once retired I would have more time for such things but has not worked out that way.........:dunno:

Judging by your AV you spend your time well. Spoil them then send them home.:)

k1500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2013
    West Lafayette
    I would suggest renting various models at a gun range. I've usually seen at least 2 different types at any given time at my local gun range. I rented Rock Island Armory and Springfield Armory pistols. The SA was a much better pistol while the RIA had malfunctions. I think the clerk said the SA was around the $800 price range.

flnt38

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    I changed the two piece rod in my loaded for an ed brown G I set. my gunsmith has me switched to the dawson one piece toolless guide rods with the spring loaded catch to hold it together for take down on my 2 bull barreled 1911's. they are kinda expensive but work very well in my experience

tmfinney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    New Castle
    I've owned a Rock Island 1911 for about six years now and always have good things to say about it. I paid about $400 for it and dropped some money into it with parts from Wilson and it shoots great!!!

Top Bottom